Chapter 7 The Date ( part 2)

( picture of the car Mia was driving in this chapter)

James started talking.

" My secret is that I had a little sister once. No one knows about it," he said with a sad smile.

' He had' that means she is no more. I didn't ask him any questions about it. I could see the sadness and pain behind that smile. I tried me make the mood lighter.

" So now I have told mine okay " I smiled getting up from the chair. He looked at me in confusion. I went towards him and took his hand. " Let's go for a ride," I said smiling.

"Huh? " He looked at me still confused. " don't worry I am not going to murder you if that what you are thinking by the looks of your eyes." I giggled.

I went to the area where they were admitting the racers.

"Wait here," I told James. He nodded.
I went to the girl who was making the selection and told her to let me drive in this race and she could have all the money I win in this race and if I lose then she could have my car in return. She agreed. And handed me the keys. I went back to James smiling holding the keys.

"Let's go"

He was so confused I could see it in his eyes.

Then we came to the section area where all the race cars were kept and picked out the car that I had got the keys off. He was getting impatient.

" are you going to tell me what are you doing? "

" do you trust me?" I asked him. He hesitated but replied yes.

" but not for long your I am suspecting your intentions " he added. I laughed at him " just get in James you will be fine I promise. " he got in the car. I started the engine sitting in the driver seat. I put on the gear and pushed the accelerator.

"Buckel up, we are going for some adrenaline rush. " I said to James smiling.

"What?!" He was surprised.

I put our car in the starting line of the race.

"Today we have a new driver in the field let hear it for Mia. Who will be driving in today's race? All racers start your engines and the best shall win." The announcement ended.

" What the hell Mia ?! You are racing?! You gotta be kidding me?! We are going to get killed out here!" He shouted.

" James has a little faith in me and no more shouting at the driver, your my partner so be with me"

" Okay but if we die here I am blaming you," he said.

" Okay just hang on and enjoy this" the lights begun to blink indicating the starting. As soon as the green light hit I stepped on the gas a shifted the gear. I was so excited about doing this after so many years.

" here the race has begun and our new contestant is making her way to the front" the announcer went on. I was driving at a speed of 150 km per hour. I overtake the cars which were blocking my way but I was having difficulty surpassing the first two drivers. The third one made me shouted " go home kid" I was getting furious.

James said besides " Mia we gotta win this and those losers can suck it"

I smiled at him " now we are talking "

I shifted the gear and turned the steering wheel and took over the third one. Now only two left. Hmm now, these two were going side by side I Need to separate them. Hmm... idea!

I slowed down my car and escape from the vision of the second car. As I suspected the second car was slowing down to check on me, I took advantage of it and surpassed the second one. I kept speeding on speeding. Now all is felt is to win this thing. My speed was 180 km/hour.