Chapter 11 Going to off the hook

(Mia's dress)

Mia's POV

We came back home today after the vacation. After that lovely dinner with James, we went sightseeing the next day and did a little shopping. After that, we came back home taking the flight. James and I were on good terms after that vacation. My phone rang pulling me out of my thoughts.

" hello baby "

" hi, James what's up?"

" Why didn't you came to work today? I was hoping to see you, baby."

" I am at home James. I thought to sleep in today."

" come on get your lovely ass off the bed and come to my office. I have a surprise for you baby."

" Okay, I will be there in 15 minutes."

" I am going for a boring meeting now but please wait for me there baby don't leave" he sounded so cute as a small boy.

"Okay I will wait for you" I giggled.

" bye sweetheart "

" bye James " I ended the call. So that shall I wear now? I open my cupboard and looking for a good dress. Found it. This one is nice elegant yet sexy. I got dressed and went off to the car. I reached his office.

"Mr Henderson is busy at the moment," said the secretary.

" it's fine I will wait" I smiled at her. I went to the waiting lounge and sat down. I took a magazine lying on the table and started reading it. Another person entered the lounge. I took a glance at him. He is blond tall and handsome but nothing compared to James. 'Umm Mia why did you compared him to James' my inner voice said. He sat down in the next chair to me. I started reading the magazine again.

"Hi there..." I jumped.

" Sorry didn't mean to startle you." He said.

" it's okay. Hi," I smiled at him closing the magazine.

" I am Sam. Your waiting for someone? " He said.

" yeah...He is in a meeting. So I thought to wait"

" boyfriend huh?" He smirked.

" No no he is not my boyfriend. " I practically shouted.

" Haha okay. So your single I guess?"

" Yes, but why you ask?" I was confused.

" it's nothing beautiful " he complimented. "May I know the name of this pretty girl?"

" it's..." before I could finish someone called me, I turned around.

" Mia! Did I make you wait long?" James came in hurriedly.

"No, I was not waiting long." I smiled at him. He looked past me at Sam who was talking to me.

"What are you doing here Samuel? " He asked him.

" My dear brother can't I come to see you " he smiled at him. Wait! Brother?

" brother? I thought you didn't have any brother " I asked James.

" he is my cousin, Samuel. We are not so close."

Sam interrupted. "What are you saying brother? We are so close. Mia you know are together since we wore diapers and when we were small we used to play superman together. Ah, such memories. " I pictured James as a naughty kid. I tried to control my laughter from coming out.

" If you don't want to be slaughtered Sam then stop talking " James spat at Sam.

" well I just came to tell you that I have an off the hook party at my house today so please do come," he said.