Chapter 26 Hot mess.

( Mia sleeping beside James picture
Song video of 'fiana by Akcent ft. Liv )

Mia's POV

I was excited about today's date. I couldn't sleep at all yesterday night. Which made me roam in the garden and the bad news for that I think I have caught a cold.

I have a dripping nose from the morning and my sneezing won't stop. I have a slight temperature. I have to be fit. I don't want to cancel our date because of some silly cold. My phone rang.

" Hello, angel. Good morning. How are you? Ready for today's date?" James asked me.

" I am good." I said clearing my voice." When will you come to pick me up?"

" I will be there in about 45 minutes. Are you okay? Your voice sounds broken." He said with concern.

I don't want to cancel our date. I don't want to be sick." No no, I am fine. It's just I had too much ice cream so my voice is a little down."

"Okay. See you then."

" Yeah. Bye," I said. I was not feeling good at all.

" Mia are you okay? " Ginetta asked me.

" I am fine. Just a little headache." I lied. " you can go for today. I can handle things."

" if you say so..." she said." But I'd you need anything please call me dear. I will come back right away." She said. I don't want to keep her busy. She is putting all her energy into taking care of her grandchildren who came for vacation to her house. They deserve time with each other of course.

I went towards the dresser. I course a wollen sweater and jeans. I didn't apply any make-up. I was not feeling up to it. I was feeling very cold. I got ready. James will be here any minute now and the doorbell rang instantly. I went down dragging my body. I was not feeling good at all. Still, I don't want to cancel our date. I opened the door.

" hi, angel. Your face looks red." James said.

" hi... James." I said softly. He kissed my cheeks. His lips felt cold against my hot skin. I felt good.

"Mia you're hot," he said.

" I know I am," I said smiling. I don't even care what I was saying.

" I don't mean it that way right now, even though I know your smoking hot. I mean you are burning up." He put his hand on my four head. His cold hands felt so good against my skin right now.

" Mia you have a fever." He said with a worried look on his face. "You should rest."

" I don't want our date to be cancelled." Said like a child.

" Your health is first. We can go on a date when you get well."

" Aww... fine." I dragged my ass to my bedroom. My room was a mess. I couldn't care less right now.

" Sorry, my room is a mess right now. I didn't felt like cleaning in the morning." I told James.

" Mia it's okay. You lie down. I will take care of the rest." He said. I got inside my fluffy cover of bed and James put a blanket on me. He went downstairs. My eyelids felt heavy and I fell into a deep slumber.

A deep voice woke me up," Mia wake up for a bit." I rubbed my eyelids and woke up. My body was burning hot.

" I am sorry to wake you up but you got to eat something. I made you some vegetable soup and have this medicine. Then go to sleep again" he said to smile. So he was cooking for me at that time. I looked around my room. It was clean. He also went to the drug store for me to get me medicine.