Chapter 8 Heartaches

( picture "FRIENDS" the T.V programme. Mia's favourite and mine too 😜)

" in the process of getting hurt, we hurt other's unknowingly,  & we can't also avoid it..we let our anger get the best of us, even though it is unavoidable forgiveness will show you a better way" - rosavet

Mia's POV

I woke up in the morning late. I thought why do I even try to get up early in the morning I know I can never get up early and it's the same for every morning. I should just give up already. I brushed my teeth and went downstairs for breakfast.

Jenita had started arranging my plate for breakfast. I ate quickly and went to my room for a shower. I feel fresh now. I wrapped a towel around myself and started blow drying my hair when my phone rang and I picked it up, "hello? Who is this?"

" hi have you woken up sleepy head?"

" J..James? How did you get my number?"

" I have my ways baby. Now when will be coming to work? I was hoping to see you"

"I will be there soon I am just drying my hair now then I will get dressed. Umm, I will reach there within 15 minutes."

" were you in the shower?" He asked.

" Yeah, why?" I asked.

" oh, baby you're killing me. Just to imagine you in the shower wearing nothing got me excited downstairs ." I blushed.

" keep your imagination to yourself. I have to get ready now bye." Oh god, I was blushing so much. I ended the call.

I wore my black shirt and demi coloured levis jeans and my hunters. I put my hair in a perfect ponytail. I was ready. I went to my car holding my bag and Josh drove me to work.

I went into Leo's office. "Hi..." I went in, he was talking on the phone,

" yeah ....okay. ...when you will reach?... okay. ...I love you too " he ended the call. I knew who was he talking to.

He saw me " Mia when did you arrive? " He smiled at me.

" just a few minutes earlier. So how is Jasmine? When is she coming back?" I said excitedly.

He smiled at me embarrassed. "She is fine. Her flight will land within 15 hours " she was my brother's fiancée. She is a doctor and she was in Africa for quite some time for the treatment of underprivileged children for medical treatment. She is awesome. I like her very much. She is the best thing that happened to my brother. I was happy for them. I was hearing wedding bells soon cause they agreed to get married after she returns.

Leo's voice diverted me from my thoughts. "Mia I want you to go to the finance department and ask about the report for the Henderson construction project."

" sure" I went to the elevator and push 20 levels bottom.

I reached there and went to collect the report. A girl came hurriedly from the opposite direction and knocked over the file I was carrying. She didn't even bother to help and walked past me. I bent down picking up the papers and an extra hand joined me to help.

"Thank you..." I looked up. It was from Martin.

"Hi, beautiful " Martin smiled at me.

" hi, Martin how are you? Do you work in finance? " I smiled at him.

" I am good. And better since I saw you. Yeah, I work here. " he complement. "So what brings you to the finance department? "

"I want the report regarding the Henderson construction project"