Crush X Perfect!Reader ≡ Imperfect

Hi! I've changed this One Shot-of course you won't notice it~

Since I cringe too much from how short the past OS I made, um, please enjoy this new one ヾ(^-^)ノ

✖ ❤ ❤ ❤ ✖

One-Shot: #50

✖ ❤ ❤ ❤ ✖

You are the heir of the (Last name) company, although you are a simple-minded girl as your parents treated you, people think you are indeed perfect. But you didn't do anything that could overdo your efforts. It's like everything you do, it's perfect as you.

People treated you like a queen, princess, or maybe even a goddess. Not like you wanted to reject their feelings, you wanted them to treat you like a normal person. However, there is no single soul treated you like a normal being.

"Here you go, (Girl's name). I really love the book." You flashed her an ordinary smile, not forced, not giddy. But a normal one.

Still, (Girl's name) blushed at your smile before stuttering, "Ah! Yes! It is better if you didn't return it, (First name)-sama."

You were slightly taken aback by her words before shaking your head politely and placing the light novel back into her hands softly and cautious, "The book belongs to its own owner, besides, you need it more than I do. I'm sure you'll regret it if you give that book to me."

(Girl's name) flinched and tried her best not to faint. "Thank you so much for your kind words, (First name)-sama!!" She accidentally raised her voice and covered her mouth. "Ah!! Sorry!!!"

Once again, you shook your head and smiled, "It was an accident. No need to be sorry."

"Thank you again for your kind deeds!" She bowed and sprinted away, you could hear her shrill voice echoing the hallways, saying, 'She touched my hand!'

A bright chuckle escaped your lips, and soon found a boy sobbing his heart out by the bench near a tree. Hands were on his face as his shoulders shook lightly. Faint sobs seemed to be coming from him.

You weren't heartless to leave him in that condition, so you sat beside him and stared at the blue sky above. It seems the boy hasn't even felt your presence.

"It's such a beautiful day, isn't it?"

You knew those words are the best way to start an awkward conversation. But you didn't mind. You don't want to ask him why is he crying so suddenly.

Your gaze shifted to the boy who hasn't even replied. It made your smile tugged downwards slightly, leaving it a straight thin line. After a couple of minutes, the male removed his hands off his face and stared at you,

It took a while for him to recognize that it was you. Shocked, he immediately stood up and averted his gaze, probably not wanting you to see his glossy red eyes. "Y-You haven't left?"

'So he realized my presence?' You thought and smiled slightly, "I'm still here, ain't I?"

You noticed his awkward standing position. He was looking elsewhere rather than you. Frowning slightly, you sighed and ran a hand through your (Hair color) locks,

"Sorry to be rude but, um, why're you here?" He asked, scratching his temple.

"It's rude to leave someone by the bench, alone," Your soft words echoed through his ears, he gazed back to your half-lidded eyes, "It's near sunset too."

Then, he realized you weren't talking about him. Instinctively, he sat back down again, this time he was left a couple of inches to set the two of you apart.

"A penny for your thoughts?" You asked, beaming.

"Are you sure you wanna listen to my story?" He asked back. Staringat you if you were sure.

"Yes. Name?"

"(Crush's full name). Nice to meet you, (F-First name)." He stuttered over your words.

Your surprised that (Crush's name) didn't add the suffix '-sama' to your name. The male noticed why you were staring at him, before he flinched and apologized.

"S-Sorry, (First name)-sama."

"No, no, (First name) is fine."

"Okay." He nodded weirdly before heaving an exhausted sigh, "(Rival's name), she... she left me for her ex. I told her it was a bad idea, saying exes are meant to be forgotten." He explained briefly, you hummed in reply, "But she said, 'sometimes life needs a second chance'. I was hurt by her words. That's when I realized she was using me to move on-but it didn't work well. So she chose her ex."

He finished his short story. You paused for a while before breaking the dreaded silence. "I don't blame (Rival's name) though."

(Crush's name) stared at you for a good minute and svrunched his eyebrows together. "W-Why?"

"What about you, (Crush's name)? If I said I like you when you haven't moved on from (Rival's name). Would you choose me?" You smiled, "Be honest."

Hesitantly, he answered, "(R-Rival's name)..."

"See? The thing about love is that it's a risk. You always have to take chances, make mistakes, and try again. There is no assurance that no one would get hurt even if you do the right thing."

A leaf twirls by in front of you, dancing with the wind gracefully as it gust away with the wind. The soft moment and silence made a chuckle escape your lips.

(Crush's name), who has been silent in your explanation, replied, "Is that... a confession?"

A soft shade of pink dusted on his tear-dried cheeks, it made you giggle on how ridiculous he looks.

"I don't know," You shrugged your shoulders which made him look at you, confused and dazed by your words. "Is it a confession?"

This time you asked yourself. Have you ever been in love? Those bittersweet memories pangs your heart as you felt that harsh pain flowing within your heart.

"You know, sometimes I wonder. Your eyes seem lonely, (First name)."

Your eyes widened in amusement though you're still calm and fixed. "How so?"

"Is it because that people treat you like royalty or some sort?" (Crush's name) asked as his voice sound hesitant. And when he saw your shocked face made him flinch, "U-Um,"

You knew he was going to apologize, so you shushed him politely. "Yeah," You flashed him a bitter smile, "Sometimes I wish I wasn't 'perfect' as everyone said that I am."

"Funny thing, I sometimes wish that I'm perfect like you..." He softly replied, embarassed by his words.

Grinning, you stood up, which he followed. You faced him with your eyed reflected nothing but happiness, "So, (Crush's name). Want to start anew?"

Gladly, he returned a smile, "No objections here."

✖ ❤ ❤ ❤ ✖

And that's it. I am so sorry for the blurry OS, I honestly have no idea what am I even writing which is out of plot. It's far more different from the way it should be.

If there are any typos, please tell me... it's kinda embarassing tho...

- Relodia