Prologue

Shortly after the death of James and Lily Potter, Sirius Black had reached their cottage from his own, leaving his three year old daughter there asleep on her own. He saw all of the devastation that Voldemort had caused and grew angry, Hagrid had taken little Harry to his aunt's home in Surrey and Sirius was never to see him again. Sirius ran out from the house and after the man that he thought of as a friend, the man that sold James and Lily out to the Dark Lord, Peter Pettigrew.

Sirius had found him not long after and they plunged into a duel, Sirius yelling spiteful words at Peter and Peter whimpering in return. It ended with an enormous explosion and one of the participants dead with nothing left but a finger. The Ministry was immediately at the scene and arrested Sirius for the murder of James, Lily and Peter and also for the exposure of magic to muggles. He was sent to Azkaban and his daughter was left in the care of her godfather Remus Lupin. Sirius' wife, Clara, had died a month before hand in their cottage in Godric's Hollow at the hands of a Death Eater, and Remus swore to protect Annabelle for her.

When Annabelle Lily Black arrived at Kings Cross station with Remus Lupin on September 1st 1989, she couldn't believe her eyes as she ran through the barrier onto platform 9 3/4 staring straight at the scarlet steam engine. In their attempt to make their way through the large crowd to the train, Annabelle had bumped into a pair of identical twins that had bright red hair. "Oi, watch it!" One of them snapped, Annabelle cowered her head and mumbled an apology. "Fred, watch your manners!" A woman with the same red hair yelled over the noise of the train. "That's alright, I'm Remus Lupin." Remus said politely as he shook the woman's hand. "Molly Weasley." The woman replied, she then gestured to the twins and introduced them. "This is Fred and George." She smiled, the boys gave a mumble of greetings before running off to the train where their brothers were already in a compartment.

"Who's this?" Molly asked as she looked down at Annabelle who stood quietly behind Remus.

"This is Annabelle, Sirius Black's daughter." Remus said cautiously, people always had mixed reactions when they were told about Sirius Black's daughter, some felt cautious that she was supposedly into Dark Arts like him where as others felt pity that she grew up without parents. Molly's eyes widened in shock and she turned her attention to Annabelle. "I hope you're not too much like your father, a dashing lad yes, but to betray his best friend-"

"He didn't betray his best friend!!!" Annabelle yelled with a sudden burst of confidence, the small eleven year old stood there with her fists clenched. Where Molly's lips were once pursed in a thin line they were now softened into an apologetic smile, she walked off to find her husband, leaving Annabelle and Remus to say their farewells. Annabelle turned to Remus and gave him a hug. "Bye Moony, I'll miss you." She said as she turned and walked onto the train. The whistle blew and she turned around to give Remus one last wave before she started the journey to her first year at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

After a long train ride sitting awkwardly in the Weasley compartment with Fred and George cracking jokes every 5 minutes and Bill, Charlie and Percy talking about the events and quidditch that will happen in the year, Annabelle, Fred and George were to be sorted into the houses. Annabelle was gobsmacked when she walked into the Great Hall and saw the ceiling, she adored the stars and she could see every constellation, she was stunned by all of the students and decorations. Like their brothers, Fred and George were sorted into Gryffindor. Annabelle waited anxiously and when her name was called her stomach dropped, she carefully walked up to the scruffy old hat hoping that she doesn't fall over and make a fool of herself in front of the whole school.

Once she reached the stool she sat down and had the hat placed on her head. "Interesting, another Black, I thought you were all gone. Should you continue the tradition and be in Slytherin, there is great potential in you." The hat said in it's rough voice . Please not Slytherin, please not Slytherin Annabelle thought. "Not Slytherin, eh? Well you are much like your mother and father, brave, daring, courageous. I guess it will be Gryffindor!" The hat yelled, there was a roar of applause and cheers coming from the table draped in scarlet and gold. She wore a grin from ear to ear as she stepped down to sit with her new house mates. She knew she was going to love Hogwarts.

During her first year Annabelle wasn't that confident because she was worried about being around new people and also nervous that people would judge her because of who her father was. Despite her worries she made friends with Lee Jordan, Alicia Spinnet and Angelina Johnson. She also exposed her talents in certain subjects such as Defense Against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration.

As her first year moved into her second Annabelle opened up a lot more and was much more confident, she started doing small, harmless pranks on students. Professor Snape started to notice the pranks on Slytherins and put her in short detentions. She came out of her shell massively and became friends with more people in other houses and her own.

Come third year Annabelle was very confident and reckless, after a prank on some girls during a potions lesson, Annabelle was given an hours detention where she got to know Fred and George a lot better, she also found out they were master pranksters and she requested to join their gang , after consulting each other Fred and George agreed seeing as her last prank was impressive and they saw great pranking potential in her. From then on Annabelle didn't hang out with anyone but them.

By fourth year Fred, George and Annabelle were known throughout school for their pranks and everyone enjoyed the pranks. She became great friends with Harry Potter and his friends although Hermione didn't like how much time Annabelle spent on pranking and said she should focus on her studies even though Annabelle was getting O's and E's for her work.