The Last Night

With Umbridge being the headmistress comes all of her horrible rules and education decrees. We're not allowed to read Luna's dad's magazine 'The Quibbler' because it is promoting that Harry is right and Voldemort has come back, so that's banned. I'm pretty certain that she's going to let Filch physically punish us soon when education decree number 29? comes in. She walks around the corridors correcting peoples uniform and giving detentions left, right and center. The wicked witch has banned boys and girls from being within 8 inches of each other, which is ludicrous. Fred and I are constantly breaking that rule by walking to classes with his arm round me or hand in hand.

Tonight, everyone who was in Dumbledore's Army has to attend a large detention in the Great Hall. I had my hand carved into just the other day because I sent a letter to Remus saying I didn't like Umbridge and some how this meant I was "rebelling against the Ministry." I walked down to the Great Hall with Fred and George on a muggy April evening. We were joined along the way by other DA members and we all walked in together, quite rebelliously might I add. Desks were laid out with the knives and parchment ready for their victims. I sat down in the desk behind Fred and began writing the lines she told us to. She sat all high and mighty in Dumbledore's chair and watched us all silently carve into our hands.

After detention we all dispersed to do our own thing. I walked out of the large doors of the Great Hall to see Cho standing there looking guilty. I walked past her with the twins and shoulder checked her, she looked like she was sorry but I still didn't like her. She also got knocked by Ginny and after she caught up to us I fist-bumped her. I walked up the stairs to Gyrffindor tower when I didn't feel anyone next to me. "Fred, George?" I called down the stairs, I saw them walking off down another corridor that I think lead to the kitchens. I shrugged my shoulders and carried on walking to the common room. I got to the common room and started applying my cream, potion, thing to my hand and other Gryffindors that were in the DA. Once I'd helped everyone I ran upstairs and put it away, I grabbed a book form my trunk and walked back downstairs to the common room and sat in my usual corner of the couch. I must've fallen asleep reading because the next morning I woke up curled up under a blanket still in the common room.

A couple of weeks later exams were starting and I've been studying like crazy. The twins have been getting quite distant and are constantly whispering to each other. I was in the common room one evening revising my astronomy notes for the exam and the twins came into the common room whispering, again! "It's almost curfew, what were you guys doing out so late?" I asked them. George looked at Fred and gave him a nod. "Don't worry about it. I'm off to bed, I'll catch you later Anna." George smiled and gave me a tight hug, he squeezed me one last time before letting go and going upstairs. "Well that was odd." I said as Fred sat down. He looked like he had a lot on his mind, I took his hand and began rubbing circles with my thumb to calm him down. "Everything okay Freddie?" I asked him softly. He lifted his head and his eyes met mine, they were filled with guilt and sorrow. "Anna, we need to talk." He said seriously after ages of thinking about what to say. My face fell along with my stomach, that's the line people always use before they break up with someone. I stopped rubbing his hand and nodded for him to go on because I was worried that if I opened my mouth I would either cry or yell at him, so I kept it shut. "George and I are planing on leaving Hogwarts soon. We both know we won't pass our N.E.W.Ts and the shop has just been put up for sale and we want to be the first to put a deposit, this could be it, we could finally start our dream job." Fred said quietly. He waited cautiously for my reaction and I eventually pulled him into a hug. "Go for it, it's what you've always wanted." I whispered holding back tears. "The amazing Fred and George Weasley have to leave in the biggest prankster way possible. So, what's the plan?" I asked him as we pulled out of our hug. A huge grin spread across his face as he shot into detail about his massive prank on Umbridge for their leavers celebration.

I smiled as he finally finished telling me his plan. "It sounds awesome!" I said excitedly, he smiled with me.
"Do you want to come with us?" He asked and my face fell again.
"Look, Fred, I'd love to but I really want to finish school completely and take my N.E.W.Ts." I said guiltily. He took my hand in his.
"I understand, it just means I can't see you everyday." He said sadly and looked to the ground. I took his chin and made him look at me. "It's only 2 or 3 months." I smiled but he still looked sort of sad.
"Yeah but that's 2 or 3 months that I can't see you or hold you." He said.
"Then we best spend most of the time we have left together." I said and pecked him on the lips. His hands snaked round my waist as he kissed me again passionately. It got very heated quite quickly and Fred lent me down on the red sofa. I ran my fingers through his hair as he did the same with me. I'm responsible(-ish) and decided it was getting too heated so I pulled apart. "When I said we make the most of it, I didn't mean we do it right here, right now." I whispered as Fred left a trail of kisses down my jaw to my neck.
"Oh well." He murmured against my skin and started to nibble on my collar bone.
"Fred" I breathed as he continued. When I eventually got him to stop, I sat up and checked the love bite he gave me. "Fred! I could get into so much trouble for this!" I whispered with a shocked tone. He chuckled and said.
"Don't worry love, your shirt should hide it." I gave him a playful glare.
"You better hope so, otherwise I'm sending a howler straight to the shop." I said and we both laughed.
"I'm going to miss you." He said softly staring into my bluey-grey eyes.
"I'm going to miss you too." I said lovingly and gave him a short, sweet kiss. I got up and walked to my stairs.
"Where are you going?" Fred asked following me.
"You really think I'm just going to watch as my boyfriend and partner in crime pull the biggest prank in Hogwarts history on the teacher I hate with passion? Not bloody likely, I'm going to see what I've got to help with it." I said and continued up the stairs. "Night Freddie!" I called down the stairs.
"Night love!" He called back. I'm going to miss hearing that.