Pacing

As the baby's due date drew closer I became more and more nervous about it and so did Fred. Everything was prepared and ready for when the baby does arrive, their room is done and on multiple occasions when Fred would be at work, I'd go in and reorganize the clothes, not because they needed to be but just because I wanted to and it helped me come to terms that I was weeks away from being a mother.

~12/3/98~

I sat on the sofa reading a book, bored out of my mind, whilst Fred was upstairs getting changed from work when the baby moved again causing me discomfort. A thought popped into my head and I smirked, I too a deep breath, ready to scream. "FRED!!!" There was thumps on the floor above then crashed down the stairs followed by a panicked "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." Fred came bursting into the room, shirt half undone and sweats on, his face white as a sheet. I laughed at his appearance and his eyes widened. "Y-you're n-not...I thought you were going to labor Anna! You scared the crap out of me!" Fred yelled, he wasn't angry just shocked.

I laughed a bit more then looked at him apologetically. "Sorry Fred." He sighed and nodded.
"It's fine, just scared me." He mumbled.
"You're just as nervous aren't you?" I asked him as I took his hand. He nodded and kissed the back of my hand just above my ring. "Is it that obvious?" I nodded and he sighed again.
"Help me up, I can barely move." He chuckled and pulled me to my feet, giving my a kiss once I was stable on my feet.
"I love you." I muttered. He kissed my nose and rested his forehead on mine.
"I love you too."

~ 25/3/98~

Someone shook my arm to wake me up, I ignored them at first till they shook my whole body. "What?" I asked a bit annoyed that I had been woken up at 2 in the bloody morning. "I think you've wet yourself Anna." Fred's husky voice came from the darkness.
"Please, I haven't wet myself since I was 5, are you sure it wasn't you." I smirked even though he wouldn't be able to see me. I felt a small pain in my stomach and my eyes shot open. "Fred." I said quickly.
"Yeah." He mumbled. I grabbed his arm and held onto it.
"Fred." I repeated. He sat up and rubbed his eyes as he turned on the lamp.
"What?" He asked as he looked at me, his hair tussled and all over the place.
"The baby." Was all I said and he shot out of bed like a bullet. He helped me out of bed and supported me whilst we made our way downstairs. My bag for the hospital was already packed and next to the front door and has been since my 38 week scan.

I stuffed some ballet pumps onto my feet as Fred grabbed me a jacket and picked up the bag along with the keys to the car. We got in and he started the car, the lights lit up the hedge opposite and made a fox scurry away. He pulled off the drive and down the lane towards the hospital, holding my hand the whole way whilst I could feel my heart rapidly beating in my chest.

We arrived at the hospital to see all the different witches and wizards talking to different families or wheeling around patients that have most likely been hit by a spell or something. Fred lead me up to the maternity ward and up to the desk where a young girl was writing in a book, she looked up and acknowledged our presence. "How can I help you?" She asked as she flashed her pearly white teeth.
"I've gone into labor." I said quickly. She nodded and called for some other nurses that lead me to a room.
"Is there anyone you want us to contact?" A mature nurse asked Fred and I, looking from one of us to the other.
"The Weasleys, please, Molly, Arthur and George." Fred said with as much confidence as he could muster. The nurse nodded and left. And so begun the hours of labor.

Fred's P.O.V.
We had arrived at the hospital at half 2 in the morning and it was now almost 8. Mum, Dad had arrived at quarter to 3 with George and Cece arriving 20 minutes later. Anna was having contractions till 7 when the nurse said she was dilated enough and was ready to start pushing. I was stood outside the room and was pacing back and forth along the wall opposite to the seats Dad and George were in, Dad looked tired and George was almost as nervous as I was. Anna's screams and yells were echoing in my head, increasing my nervousness and the speed of my heart, I could feel it in my throat due to the fact that I was so close to becoming a father.

Anna's P.O.V.
"OH MY GOD!!" I screamed. The pain was excruciating and all I wanted was for it to be over. I was drenched in sweat and water from the ice Cece had brought me to cool me down. Molly was holding my hand whilst the nurse was in front of me telling me push again. "I can't." I panted. "I can't."
"You can Anna, come on." Molly said calmly from besides me. I shook my head and rested it on the bed. "Cece, get Fred." Molly said. I heard the door open and close as there was another shooting pain.
"Anna, come on, you've got this. Just another push." The nurse said. I pulled together all of my energy and gave another push, it hurt like hell and I knew it wasn't over.

The door opened and I looked over to see Fred come in looking a bit scared, I sighed and held out my hand for him. He rushed over and kissed my head. "You've got this babe, come on, a few more pushes." He whispered. I nodded and held his hand in mine as I pushed again squeezing his hand. "We have a head." The nurse said, Fred, Molly and I all sighed in relief. Molly wiped my face of sweat and gave me a reassuring smile. I continued pushing and screaming till I was out of energy and I could barely keep my eyes open. "Come on Anna one last push and that's it." The nurse said as my eyes fell shut. I took a deep breath and tried to muster the little energy I had left to push one last time.

Crying. I could hear crying and gave a sigh of relief, relived that it was over and relieved that my baby was healthy. I panted as the nurse cleaned the baby up and wrapped it in a blanket. I could feel someone rub a block of ice across my forehead and it melted very quickly. "Anna, Fred." I heard the nurse say. I struggled but opened my eyes and looked at her and the bundle of pink in her arms. "Say hello to your baby girl." I smiled spread across my face, I looked to Fred to see him smile proudly.

The nurse walked over and handed my baby to me. She seemed so small in my arms, so fragile, her eyes were closed but she was reacting to movements and noises. I stroked her small soft hand with my pinky finger as Fred sat on the side of the bed next to me and wrapped his arm round my shoulder, looking down at our baby with tears in his eyes. A small hand wrapped round my pinky and I looked back down at our baby. I raised her up to me and kissed her forehead. The door opened and the Weasleys walked in, staring at the new addition to the family. Cece ran up to me and gave me a small hug, George doing the same with Fred. Even though there was other people in the room my eyes never left my daughter, it feels so strange to say that, my daughter. "So, do you have a name for her?" George asked as he looked down at his niece, Fred looked at me and smiled, he said that he wanted me to name the baby when it came. At that moment, all of the names that Fred and I spent hours thinking of left my mind. As I looked down at her sleeping soundlessly in my arms I could only think of one name.
"Hope."