Valiant

The castle is in ruins, like I had predicted when I had left here in the summer for the last time.

"You will see it again Anna." Hermione said comfortingly. 

"I know 'Mione. I'm just worried that the next time I'll see it, it will be rubble and dust." I said sadly and turned my attention back out of the window as the countryside flashed by.

I shot another spell at an oncoming Death Eater and they dropped to the ground. I looked around frantically for any signs of my friends or family but all I could see was students and Death Eaters and fire, so much fire. I was sucked into another duel when I saw a 7th year knocked to the ground and killed by a Death Eater. My face distorted into anger and I avenged the poor child.

There was so much chaos, bodies littered the corridors both good and bad, fire bordered the rooms and hallways. A shiver went up my spine and my blood ran cold when a rough, chilling voice echoed in my head. "You have fought valiantly but in vain....I do not wish this....Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste..." I clasped my hands over my head as I lent on the wall closing my eyes. "I, therefore command my forces to retreat....In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity." My stomach churns and I worry about my friends and family, worse case scenarios already playing through my head. "Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you...On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself...There is no greater dishonor  Join me in the forbidden forest and confront your fate" I open my eyes and look around, everyone else can hear this too and is scared for everyone around them, I'm nervous about what Harry is going to choose to do. "If you do not do this, I will kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you from me."

Voldemort left my head and I immediately took of in search for anyone who might know where the Weasleys are. I ran down to what's left of the enterance hall and saw a girl sitting on the steps. "Excuse me do you know where the Weasleys are?" I asked her as I crouched down to her level. She looked up and I saw that tears stained her face, she nodded and pointed to the Great Hall. "Thank you." I said and pulled her in for a hug. "Everything will be better soon. I promise." I whispered to her, she nodded into my shoulder then released me.

I ran off into the Great Hall and saw that rubble littered here too which was hardly surprising. There was so many people getting medical aid and so many dead bodies on the floor. My stomach lurched and I was anxious to go inside, part of me wanted to go in and make sure everyone was okay but part of me wanted to run to Gryffindor tower and curl up in a ball till everything was over. However my feet took me into the Great Hall stepping over the rubble and dust.

I kept my eyes glued to the ground as I walked in, I didn't dare look up at all the injured people. I accidentally walked into someone and turned to apologize as they walked off. I looked back down but saw a pair of shoes that were all too familiar, they were in my house only hours before and the brown leather had been coated in dust. My eyes followed the legs up to the body then to the face.

I let out a small squeak and my hand shot to my mouth. Lying dead in front of me was my god father, Remus Lupin and his wife, someone had laid them so they were almost holding hands. My heart began to crumble slowly and tears spilled down my cheeks. All of the Marauders were dead, James, Dad, Peter and now Remus. What happens now? What will happen to Teddy? The poor boy will grow up without parents, an orphan of war. I cried as I thanked Remus for everything he has ever done for me. The last thanks that came into my mind caused me to let out a small sob. 'Thank you Moony, for being a father to me when I didn't have one.'

I bowed my head and stood in silence, sobs were heard from the other side of the hall, obviously someone else had lost a loved one. "Anna?" I heard someone say ever so quietly. I looked up and saw George with tears clearing a path of dirt on his cheeks, crying on Percy. At first I was worried that someone like Charlie had died...but then we made eye contact. His lip quivered and he shook his head in sorrow.
And that's when I felt my heart break.