Remembering Cedric

My eyes fluttered open and I flipped onto my other side, trying not to disturb Fred. I watched as he slowly opened his deep brown eyes and stared back at me "Morning love." He said huskily, I smiled and gave him a kiss.
"I can get used to waking up like that." He grinned cheekily and I lightly hit him on the arm. "You alright?" He asked more seriously. The reality of what happened last night returned and I felt tears once again force themselves out. I shrugged and he pulled me closer to him, I buried my face into his chest and let only a few tears fall.

I sat up and wiped away the tears. "I need to stop, he wouldn't want me to cry." I told myself and Fred sat up with me.
"You need to let your feelings out though Anna, he wouldn't want you to bottle them all up." Fred said soothingly.
"I know but I don't want to look like a glass bottle and you have to tread carefully otherwise I'll break. I don't want to be a porcelain doll Fred." I said sternly, he nodded understandingly and kissed my temple.
"Okay love. Go get dressed so we can have breakfast." He smiled. I pulled on the joggers and climbed out of bed, I could feel his eyes on my butt as I walked out of the door, I laughed to myself as I crossed the empty common room and up the stairs to my dorm.

After breakfast I walked up to Dumbledore's office but when I got to the stone gargoyle I knew I didn't know the password. "Err Licorice Wand?" I guessed but nothing happened. "Sherbet Lemon?" The gargoyle sprung aside and I climbed the stairs to his office, I knocked on the door and heard a "Come in." I opened the wooden door and walked to his desk. "Miss Black, please take a seat." I sat down in the chair next to the phoenix Fawkes' stand and I petted him gently and shortly. "You wanted to see me professor?" I said as I held my hands in my lap.
"Yes, I would like to talk to you about any unusual dreams you have had recently, I was informed you woke up crying the night before the third task." He said in a concerned tone.
"I'm sure you have much better things to worry about professor than a silly girl's nightmares." I said quietly.
"Tell me what you saw Miss Black." He said ignoring my last comment.

I took in a deep breath and told him about the graveyard and Cedric and Voldemort. "Hmm, that's very similar to what Harry has told me." He mumbled to himself. I sat in silence for a moment not wanting to disturb his thought. "Miss Black I think you may be a seer. Your dream wasn't in fact a dream but a vision." He said and I just nodded, shocked.
"Does this mean I have to take Divination?" I asked hoping the answer is no. He chuckled and shook his head. "No, it just means you have an incredible gift. It may upset you, like recently, but often it will be an advantage to you, use it well." Dumbledore said wisely. I nodded and he dismissed me. Great another thing to think about.

A week later I was walking down to the common room to meet Fred before we went to the hall for a remembrance feast for Cedric. I took Fred's hand and we walked down to the Great Hall that was draped in black banners for respect, we sat down opposite Angie and George, next to Lee and Alicia. Dumbledore asked us all to raise our goblets to Cedric as he gave his speech. "Today we acknowledge a terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard working, infinitely fair minded and most importantly a fierce, fierce friend." Tears slipped down my cheeks as Fred gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Now I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered." I let out a small squeak. "By Lord Voldemort." Whilst everyone was confused and asking each other questions, I sat there silently as tears flowed freely down my face. "The Ministry of Magic does not wish for me to tell you this, but not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory." Dumbledore said sternly with anger in his voice. "Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us, that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that and we will celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end."

Dumbledore finished and we all sat in silence out of respect for a friend, a classmate and someone who I was honored to know. I cried into Fred's shoulder silently as I listened to other sniffles and sobs coming from other students who knew him. Goodbye Ced, I will miss you so much, you're the best friend I could have asked for and you helped me in my time of need. Thank you and Farewell.