The battle has begun

~01.05.98~

The smell of chicken pie wafted around the kitchen whilst it was in the oven baking. Fred was at the counter chopping up the vegetables where as I was at the table feeding Hope, we had the radio on in the background on the Potterwatch station just in case anything progressed. Nothing had really. There was a break in at Gringotts today, it was all over the news, the dragon and the thieves had escaped and it was found that the thieves hadn't stolen anything just tried to get into one of the lower vaults.

I finished feeding Hope then began to pat her back whilst rocking her gently. "Can you turn the radio up a bit Anna?" Fred asked not looking up. I grabbed my wand off the table and flicked it making the volume go up. All of a sudden the host of tonight show, a young lad, spoke quickly into the mic. "Romulus do you read? We have a new weather report. Lightning has struck. I repeat. Lightning has struck." I froze in my tracks, as did Fred, and my eyes widened. I turned round to Fred and we both wore expressions of shock. "Harry." I whispered. Fred quickly turned the oven off and put the knife down, rushing out of the kitchen and upstairs. "Where are you going?" I asked as I followed him, Hope on my shoulder. "Well if Harry's there then you know something is going to happen. I've learnt that well enough from his times at Hogwarts." Fred spoke quickly as he shoved his shirt on and pulled on his jacket. "Anna, Fred?" Someone shouted from downstairs, I put Hope in the cot by my bed and went downstairs to see who it was.

"Remus? Why are you here?" I asked as I looked at the ragged man in my living room.
"Harry's back and, naturally, danger will follow." Remus said with a slight chuckle at the end making me crack a smile too."I'll be one second, you get back and help." I said, he nodded and turned to go back into the fire.

I quickly jogged upstairs and started changing into a t-shirt and jeans - something more suitable to fight in. "What are you doing?" Fred asked as he looked up from Hope. 

"Getting ready. Who is Hope going to stay with?" I asked as I pulled on my jeans. 

"Um, you. You're not going. I want to know you and Hope are safe. I don't want you to get hurt." Fred said as he walked over to me, I straightened up and looked straight into Fred's eyes, I could see that although his face remained calm, he was terrified on the inside. "Fred, I'm not going to sit back and watch everyone I love die." I said quietly. I could see the sorrow build in his eyes as he hugged me.

"Please be safe." He whispered into my hair.
"I promise."

I rushed down the hall to Hope's room and put together a night bag, hopefully Tonks wouldn't mind looking after her for a bit. I went back to my room to see Fred picking Hope out of the cot, I smiled at my perfect family. My perfect daughter held by my perfect fiancee in my perfect house. Everything will change. I slowly walked towards them and Fred looked up at me. I took my locket off and opened it revealing the pictures of my parents and I and also the picture in the middle of me, Fred and Hope just after she had been born. I walked up to Hope and placed it round her neck. "I love you so much baby girl." I whispered as I kissed her forehead. I looked up at Fred who had tears in his eyes. "I love you baby girl." He said to me. I laughed slightly and leaned up to kiss him. Please don't let this be one of our last.

We had dropped Hope off at Andromeda's house since Tonks was there with Teddy begging her mum to look after him. I felt bad about making Andromeda deal with two babies even though she said it was fine. We had apparated to the Hog's Head in Hogsmeade where the Order was entering the school, I saw Remus who looked worried yet confident at the same time.

We entered down the dark passage way and came out in an unfamiliar room, it had hammocks and make shift beds scattered around the room. In the middle of the room was "lightning." Everyone was greeting him and saying how much they've missed him. When it came to my turn I pulled him into a bone crushing hug, one that Molly would be proud of. "Thank God you're okay Harry." I said as I hugged him tightly.
"Anna, I think you're hurting him." Remus said and I let go, Harry gasped for breath whilst Hermione tackled me in a hug. "Anna what are you doing here. What about the baby?" She asked quickly.
"I'm here to help. Hope's fine, she's with Andromeda and Tonks." I said calmly. Hermione pulled out of the hug and looked at me. "You named her Hope? That's beautiful." She smiled.

"Alright everyone, enough of the greetings we need a plan."

Everyone was at different areas of the castle securing it from attacks, students were running around the hallways and corridors in a mass scurry to get the younger students out; anyone in 6th year or bellow was told to evacuate to Hogsmeade.

I stood next to Fred, George and Cece whilst professors and Order members alike were putting up protective enchantments, their blue lights illuminating the sky. George nudged Fred and looked at him. "You okay Freddie?" He asked whilst he had his hand holding onto Cece's tightly.
"Yeah." Fred said quietly, squeezing my hand gently.
"Me too." George replied and looked back at Cece who was as pale as a sheet, I suspect I look the same.
"Fred." I whispered getting his attention. "I'm scared." I gulped as I looked across the cliff at the growing blackness. A pair of arms wrapped themselves around me. "Don't worry love, you're safe with me. I won't let anyone hurt you." He whispered back kissing my head. I felt slightly calmer at that moment.

The barrier had only been up for an hour at most before the Death Eaters began firing spells at it and breaking it. My stomach turned to ice and reality set in. We were all told to go to separate places to guard the castle, I was almost in tears when I was forced to leave Fred and the others to protect the other side of the school. People were now running around screaming and panicking. I took a glimpse out of the window and saw the mass of Death eaters, snatchers and giants running down the hill towards the school. My heart was pumping out of my chest.
The battle had begun.