The Final Battle

I and loads of other witches and wizards rushed around the Great Hall aiding all of the injured and consoling the families of the dead; I mended a few broken bones and healed many scars and cuts, so much chaos has happened in a couple of hours. I can see out of the windows that the sun is starting to rise, Hope would already be up by now and we would be having breakfast. I miss her. I hope her and Teddy are okay.

Thinking of Teddy reminded me of Remus and Tonks, how peaceful they seemed when they laid there and what will become of Teddy...Who will raise him?I think he should be raised by Andromeda, that way he can still have connections to his mother's family and vica versa with Andromeda, in a way, she will have a piece of Tonks with her.

I made my way back to the Weasleys who were cleaning up the wounds of people near us and sat down next to Fred, entwining my hand with his and resting my head on his shoulder. These few short hours we had to bury the dead were the most peaceful hours I've had in almost 12 hours. "Just a bit longer love." Fred whispered as he lent his head on mine. 

"Yeah." I said quietly.

"Let's pray we make it through." He kissed the top of my head and held me gently in his arms, I began to drift off to sleep when there was a sudden commotion and everyone was heading outside. I looked up at Fred who was looking at the door, determination visible on his face along with a hint of fear.

I stood up, his hand still in mine, and followed everyone outside. We stood in the bright yet dull courtyard, the same one I spent summers in those few years ago, it seems like a life time ago now. I immediately saw the mass of Death Eaters, Hagrid standing tall in among them holding something close to his chest, my stomach dropped and I feared the worst had happened to Harry.

"Harry Potter...." Hissed he pale, bald warlock that stood across from us. "is dead!" He yelled, his smiled clear on his face. I felt myself pale as my stomach, dropped, my knees went weak and tears fell from my eyes. "No." I whispered whilst Ginny screamed. Fred held my body against his chest as I sobbed into my hands, Harry was like a brother to me, he was a brother, he and I were the Marauders children when they were all still around. We had that strong connection of that family, my family, my family that is now all gone with only me left to show for it.

"Silence!" Voldemort yelled over the screams of Ginny and the murmurs of the crowd. "Stupid girl." He said to Ginny. "Harry Potter is dead. From this day forth, you put your faith in me." He addressed everyone. My hands curled into fists as I scrunched up Fred's shirt. "I'll never put faith in him. He is a despicable person that deserves to rot in hell." I spat. Fred looked down at me with wide eyes then looked up to see if anyone had heard but only the people on our side had, the people that wouldn't kill me.

Voldemort's face contorted into a sickening smile as he spun around to his Death Eaters. "Harry Potter is dead!" He cheered and all of his followers laughed and cheered. "Hehehe, And now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us....or die" Silence echoed through the courtyard, not one person moving from our side. He may be dead but we are all still loyal to Harry and we would rather die fighting for a good cause than live in a hellish world on the side of evil.

"Draco." Lucius hissed to his son who stood among us Hogwarts fighters and remained where he stood. His parents beckoned him again and he stiffly walked over, I could tell that he didn't want to go over there but felt like he must go over there. When crossing 'no man's land' Draco was given an awkward hug by Voldemort and I had to stifle a laugh.

A wave of sadness gushed over me when I saw Neville limp forward to them, fresh tears in my eyes signified that my hope was slowly diminishing. Despite his appearance, Neville would fight this battle for good till he took his last breath and to see him hopping over to the opposing side was heartbreaking because it showed he no longer had hope either.