Recruitment

I was trying to cross the courtyard with Ginny after we met up after lessons, but it was virtually impossible because it was like the whole school was there. I walked up behind the twins and pushed in front of them. "What's going on?" I asked them.
"Trelawney." They said in unison and nodded towards the center of the courtyard where Umbridge was standing across from Trelawney who had her suitcases and bags. She looked so weak and fragile and she was about to cry, honestly I felt bad for her even though I don't like her class. "S-si-sixteen years I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home." Trelawney said, I felt really bad for her now. Umbridge is such a bitch! "Y-you c-can't do this." Trelawney stuttered, biting back tears. Umbridge just smiled and held up a piece of parchment.
"Actually I can." Trelawney started to cry and McGonagall rushed from the crowd to comfort the poor Divinations teacher. She sobbed into McGonagall's shoulder as Umbridge looked baffled at McGonagall's appearance. "Something you'd like to say dear?" Umbridge asked McGonagall as if she were a student.
"Oh there are several things I'd like to say." She said as she continued to comfort Trelawney.

The entrance hall doors swung open and Dumbledore stepped out defiantly, Umbridge didn't look the least bit bothered. He approached the women with his pale blue robes billowing behind him in the wind. "Professor McGonagall might I ask you to escort Sybill back inside." He ordered and Trelawney was taken back inside muttering words of thanks and praise to Dumbledore. "Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of education decree number 23, as enacted by the Minister that-"
"You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not however have the right to banish them from the grounds." He stated boldly with a hint of anger in his voice. Not even he likes this bitch. "That power still remains with the headmaster." Her smile turned sickly sweet again, not good.
"For now." She said and everyone began to whisper and talk as we began to clear out.
"Don't you all have studying to do?!" Dumbledore yelled into the courtyard and everyone scattered quickly to retreat back to their common rooms. 'Who does she think she is' I thought angrily.

Hermione has told me that Harry is thinking about creating a secret DADA training club, since it's not Ministry approved we know Umbridge will throw a fit if she catches us but we will take the risk to actually learn something this year. She said that people were to turn up to the crusty old pup on the other side of Hogsmeade on the outskirts of the village, it's called the Hogs Head or something, the next Hogsmeade weekend.

The twins and I walked in to the shabby old pup and saw there was already loads of people. I was shivering from the cold even in my oversized coat, hat, scarf and mittens. I was sat on Fred's lap because it was so crowded in the small pup. We waited quietly until Hermione awkwardly started the meeting. "Errm....Hi.....So you all know why we're here, we need a teacher, a proper teacher, one who's had real experience defending themselves from the dark arts."

"Why?" Some Hufflepuff interrupted.
"Why? Because You-Know-Who's back you toss pot." I spat.
"So he says." He said nodding to Harry.
"So Dumbledore says." Hermione corrected him.
"So Dumbledore says because he says, the point is where's the proof." The Hufflepuff retaliated.
"Maybe if he just told us more about Diggory's death." Said some 5th year Ravenclaw.
"He's not going to talk about Cedric so is that's why you're here you can just clear out." I said for him and he gave me a grateful look.
"Is it true you can produce a patronus charm?" Luna Lovegood asked dreamily, she's a girl in Ginny's year apparently she's always daydreaming and talking about Nargles, whatever they were, but Ginny said she's really sweet and kind and she looks it too. "Yes, I've seen it." Hermione said boldly.
"Blimey Harry, I didn't know you could do that." Said Dean Thomas, one of Harry's friends. 'Really so you didn't see any of the news reports over the summer?' I asked myself as people started listing Harry's heroic deeds; the Basilisk from 4th year, the Dementors from 5th year, Voldemort last year. "Look it all sounds great when you say it like that but the truth is most of that was just luck, I didn't know what I was doing half the time, I nearly always had help." Harry said truthfully.
"He's just being modest." 'Mione covered for him.
"No, Hermione, I'm not." He turned and told her, he turned back to address the rest of us with a serious look on his face. "Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. At school, if you make a mistake you can try again tomorrow, but out there, when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes....you don't know what that's like." He said and everyone in the room sat quietly as he sat down. "You're right Harry, we don't, that's why we need your help, because if we're going to have any chance against Voldemort." I said confidently and some people in the room shuddered including Fred.
"He's really back?" Asked a small third year and Harry gave a small nod. Everyone looked at each other and we all formed a line in front of a table to sign a piece of parchment for what will now be known as "Dumbledore's Army" it had a nice ring to it I suppose.

The main gang ( Fred, George, Ginny, Neville, Ron, 'Mione, Harry) and I were walking back to school as we brainstormed ideas for where we could practice. "The Shrieking Shack?" Ginny suggested and I shook my head.
"Too small." I said and we continued to think. "The Forbidden Forest?" I suggested.
"Not bloody likely." Ron said and I rolled my eyes at his fear of a forest.
"Harry what happens if Umbridge does find out?" Ginny asked and 'Mione just scoffed.
"Who cares," She said quickly. Did she just say that, Hermione Jean Granger, the girl obsessed with school won't care if we get caught. "I mean it's kind of exciting isn't it, breaking the rules." She smiled happily.
"Who are you and what have you done with Hermione?" Ron said in astonishment as I threw an arm round her shoulder and she laughed. "Welcome to the Dark Side." I said and we all laughed.

"Anyway at least we know one positive thing that came from today." 'Mione said after she stopped giggling.
"What's that?" Harry asked catching up to her.
"Cho couldn't keep her eyes off you could she." Hermione said to Harry and she walked ahead of everyone else. I gave Ginny an apologetic look and she just shrugged it off and continued walking. I do feel bad for her because sometimes Harry can't see how much she likes him. I entwine my hand with Fred's as we walk back into the warmth of Hogwarts from the snow of the outside.