Hate seeing you like this

A couple of days later I was sat in the living room listening to the quiet buzz of the radio as, once again, the rain battered the house. I was listening to 'Potterwatch' a radio show that the Order started for people who supported Harry. Fred was hosting it now but it was drawing to an end. They finished what they were talking about and it was time to wrap up the show. "Listeners, that brings us to the end of another Potterwatch. We're not sure when it will be possible to broadcast again, but you can bet your butterbeer we'll be back. Keep twiddling those dials: the next password will be 'Padfoot'. Keep each other safe. Keep faith. Good night." I smiled at the new password as the station went off air and the normal radio returned. Although the show has finished Fred won't be back for another hour or so due to meetings and catching up so I'm here alone till he gets back.

I sat cross-legged on the sofa as I ate a plate of pasta and listened to the muggle radio, some of the songs were really peaceful but I got irritated with the constant static that the rain caused. I flicked my wand and turned it off, suddenly bored with the lack of activities to do. I sighed and started to caress my stomach, it was weird to think that there was a little person inside of me. I thought about my last visit to the doctors and how they said that the baby is starting to hear things so Fred and I should speak to it so it recognizes the sound of our voices.

"Hi little one, it's me, your mummy. I'm not sure if you can hear me but daddy and I are very excited about you. You've made us so happy even though you aren't here yet and the world isn't the best place right now but I promise, me, daddy and the rest of your big, big family will try our best to make it safe for you." I wasn't sure what else I should say. A song that I heard on the muggle radio a couple of days ago that I had really liked faded into my head, I remembered a few of the lyrics so I decided to sing it to my baby.

'When I look into your eyes
It's like I'm watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
Well, there's so much they hold.
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are.
How old is your soul?

Well, I won't give up on us
Even if the sky gets rough.
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up.

And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating.
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find.

'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth.
We got a lot to learn.
God knows we're worth it.
No I won't give up.

I don't want to be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to make the differences that I can make.
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use the
Tools and gifts we got, yeah, we got a lot at stake.
And in the end you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn.
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in.
I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not, and who I am.

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough.
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up, I'm still looking up.

Well, I won't give up on us
God knows I'm tough enough.
We got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it.

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough.
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up.'

(If you don't know the song, it's 'I won't give up' by Jason Mraz)

I took a deep breath as I finished the song, I could feel the baby move around a bit but I wasn't sure if it liked the song or if it was just uncomfortable, I know I was. I stood up and stretched my legs, shaking the pins-and-needles out of them. I looked over to the door frame where a tall figure was leaning, I instantly knew who it was by the cheeky smirk. "That was beautiful." Fred mumbled as I walked over to him and wrapped my arms round his neck. "Thank you." I smiled and pecked his lips. As I went to pull away he griped onto my hips and pulled me back, I smiled into the kiss and I could feel Fred do the same. When we eventually pulled apart we rested our foreheads on each other's and regained our breath. "I love you." Fred breathed, I smiled.
"I love you too." I breathed.

Fred pulled me lazily upstairs to our bedroom and we laid on the bed snuggled into each other under the covers. "How was your day?" I asked Fred as I made myself comfortable on the pillow.
"It was okay. The shop was quite slow and we had a bit of a malfunction with a box of the Snowstorms, there was snow everywhere but Cece cleared it up in a couple of minutes." I frowned and burrowed my head deeper into the pillow. "Hey, what's wrong?" Fred asked when he noticed my change in mood. "Nothing." I mumbled. He moved my head so we made eye contact and I could tell that he saw right though me. "I know when you're lying, now what's wrong?" He asked again and I sighed.
"I just hate it." I shrugged and Fred gave me a puzzled look.
"Hate what? The store?" He asked in confusion.
"No, not the store. The fact that I can't go into work unless it's good weather. I haven't really seen anyone except you for ages, yes we saw Faron the other day but, I don't know....I guess I just feel so cut off from everyone, like I'm stuck at home feeling useless with nothing to do but be pregnant." I rolled onto my other side so I was facing away from Fred.

I felt him sit up because the covers shifted, next thing I knew I was being pulled into Fred's lap. I kept my gaze down because I felt upset about it all. "Please, Anna, look at me." I shyly looked up into Fred's sympathetic, brown eyes and immediately felt worse. "How long have you felt like this?" He asked. I wanted to look down at my lap again but I knew that he'd just make me look up again. "For about a month maybe." I said barely above a whisper. Fred's face fell into a guilty-sympathetic frown.
"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asked holding onto my hands.
"Well there isn't really anything you can do to help it. I'm not supposed to apparate and I really shouldn't ride a broom so I'm stuck."
"I could've stayed home with you, or we could've invited someone round for you to hang out with." He smiled sadly. I slid off Fred's lap and curled up in bed again. "I hate seeing you like this, where you go sad and mopey. I want to help Anna but you have to let me. It's not good for the baby for you to be like this." He leaned down and kissed my forehead as he turned off the lamp and let me sleep. There isn't anyway for you to help, Fred. Everyone is busy with the Order or trying not to be caught by Death Eaters, they don't have time to have tea with boring, pregnant me.