Rainy Day

As we headed towards the end of September, Fred and I were fully settled into the new house and George and Cece had been round multiple times for dinner. I was also nearing my second trimester of my pregnancy and was 13 almost 14 weeks along. Autumn, the woman who sold us the house, had told us that there was another doctor's practice on the high street for us wizards where I could go and they could monitor my pregnancy so we have been going there. The baby is healthy and doing well and soon we will be able to see what gender it will be, however, Fred and I have talked and we both don't want to know the gender of the baby till it arrives. Yes this means that it will be harder buying clothes, decorating the room and thinking of names but we will figure it out somehow.

One morning I was awoken by the constant drumming of rain on the roof, I rested on my elbows and looked out of the window and saw that the rain was torrential. I groaned and shuffled out of bed to put my fluffy cardigan on. Today will be a pajama day. I slumped downstairs to the kitchen where Fred was already cooking breakfast. "Morning babe." He said to me over his shoulder.
"Morning." I mumbled back and kissed his cheek as I made my way to the fridge to get out some orange juice. I poured it into a glass and took a sip. "Crap weather today." I said as I put my drink on the table and looked out the window. Fred came over and set down two plates of breakfast. "Yeah, we better stay in all day." He said as he had a fork full of scrambled eggs, I nodded and began to eat my breakfast.

We both walked back upstairs to our room and sat on the sofa listening to the rain fall on the roof. I looked around the room and my eyes fell on an unpacked box, I got up off the sofa and walked over to it. "We've lived here for two weeks and we still haven't unpacked everything." I giggled as I opened the box.
"Yeah that one's full of all your photos that haven't been framed. We need to go through them and put them into photo albums." Fred said as he got up and came over to me. "I think I have some in one of the boxes we've put in what will be the baby's room." I said, I pulled out my wand and accio-ed the photo albums, sure enough 2 came flying up the stairs. I opened up the box and started to go through the photos of me and the twins, me, Hermione and Ginny, me and Harry, my friends, my family, the Weasleys etc.

After about an hour of going through them I found a folder labeled 'Weasleys x' , I opened the folder and flicked through the photos, handing them to Fred after I looked at them to put into the photo albums. I stopped and looked at a photo I took of the twins without them knowing, like one of them the we took the flying car to Harry's before 4th year, that was a fun trip . I also found one of the Twins, Ron and Hermione in my 5th year, when Remus was teaching us, they all looked excited and amazed so I took a photo of them. I smiled as I flicked through the photos of us slowly getting older and maturing. I had then reached some of the photos I took of Ginny over the years, I had one of her on Platform 9 3/4 before my third year (I had already known Fred and George so it wasn't super creepy, we just weren't best friends) and she looked so little and fragile.There was then a photo of Ginny in her third year, I took it before the Yule Ball. I could see that she had matured but was only starting to become a young woman, the woman I could see she was in the next photo I looked at. She asked me to take one of her so I did but I hadn't realized how much she had grown in the span of 6 years. The folder was slowly becoming empty as I went through the photos of my summers at the Weasleys or the few that were taken in Grimlauld place. I got to the last photo as Fred flicked to the last page of one of the albums. I had written at the top of the photo and as I read the sentence I smiled. "Why do you have that written on there?" Fred asked as he took the photo of the Weasley family from me and looked at it, it was the whole family, minus Bill and Charlie, with my handwriting above it 'The best family on earth'.

"Because it's true." I sighed. He slipped the photo into the last pocket and closed the album.

I got up and stretched my arms and legs, Fred following my actions after he put the album on the side. "Should we do your family tomorrow." Fred smirked as we walked and sat down on the bed. "Not unless you want me to disappear into a puddle of tears." I said as I burrowed under the blankets. Fred laid down with me and wrapped his arms around me. "We can do it some other time." He mumbled into my shoulder, I nodded and turned over to face him. We just laid there, in silence, just staring at each other, taking in the facial features of the one opposite us. Fred's hair looked slightly darker with the darkness of the room. I slipped out of focus into my own little world and began to think about stuff.

"What you thinking about?" Fred asked as he poked my nose, I smiled and poked my tongue out at him. I shrugged.
"The future." I frowned and looked down. I felt his fingers on my chin and he made me look up into his warm, loving eyes.
"What about the future." He raised an eyebrow jokingly but I could see the worry in his eyes.
"The war. The baby. Our families. Harry. Hermione. Ron. Hogwarts." Tears filled my eyes but as one strayed Fred used his thumb to wipe it away. "Hey, there's enough water falling." He said softly. "Let's talk about something more happy, hmm, let's talk about the baby." I smiled and nodded with his suggestion. I shuffled so I rested my head on his chest and his arm was wrapped round my shoulders. "What do you want to call the baby?" I asked as he stroked my hair.
"I don't know, something that means something to us, maybe a loved one that we've lost. Like if it's a boy, we could name is Sirius, after your dad." I looked up at him with so much love and respect.
"That'd be wonderful Fred. It would mean so much to him." I smiled. I leaned up and kissed him.

We talked about what we want for the baby and what we think it would like, even what house we think it might be in (which would probably be Gryffindor like its two parents). We talked about future children and our friends children and our whole future. We then got on to the topic of the war but by this time we were slowly drifting off to sleep and I had rolled down next to Fred and he had his arms wrapped round my waist. We both thought that good would win, despite Voldemort's huge upper hand, and that we hoped our whole family survived. I was gradually falling asleep with the gentle sound of the light patter of rain and Fred's soothing breaths behind me.