Free

~Flashback/Dream~

I laughed as my small, chubby toddler legs stumbled around in the snow behind a cottage, I had made a snowman no bigger than me and I was trying to find sticks to use as arms. "Annabelle, Auntie Lily has finished cooking dinner, time to come in." Called an angelic voice. I shuffled back into the cottage and a woman with long brown hair and deep blue eyes dusted the snow off me and carried me into the dining room where she sat me down on a chair that had extra pillows so I was taller. "Merry Christmas everyone." Cheered a beautiful red head as she dished everyone's meals out. I looked around the table as everyone spoke happily. Mum and Dad were sitting either side of me, Uncle James and Auntie Lily at either end of the table, Uncle Moony was in front of me, next to Wormy and a five month old Harry in his high chair on Moony's side closest to Auntie Lily.

We were all in the living room watching muggle Christmas movies. I was laying across Mum and Dad's laps, slowly falling asleep. "We love you Puppy, so much." Said Mum as she soothingly brushed my hair out of my eyes. "We will always love you and you'll always be our little Puppy." Dad said, covering me in a blanket.
"We all love you and we always will, don't you forget it." Mum said quietly as I drifted into sleep.

~End of flashback/dream~

There was a hand holding mine, it was warm and tender and lightly shaking. I opened my eyes and blinked quickly to adjust to the brightness. "Fred?" I mumbled as I saw him next to me.
"Annabelle, oh god, thank Merlin you're okay." He said rushing to my side and kissing my forehead. I remembered the events of last night and grew worried. "Where's Harry, is he okay? What about 'Mione and Ron? Are they okay? Remus, oh my god, is Remus okay?!?" I said quickly, overloading my brain with fear.
"They're all okay." Fred said reassuringly.

I started to become more aware of my surroundings and heard Snape's cold voice. "Thank you very much Minister." Another man's voice then followed it.
"Nasty cut you've got there.....Black's work I suppose?" The voice asked, I presume it's the Minister of Magic's.
"As a matter of fact it was Miss Black, Potter, Weasley and Granger, Minister. " Snape said, I could hear the smugness in his voice as the minister was shocked. "No!" He gasped.
"Black had bewitched them, I saw it immediately. A confundus charm judging by their behavior. They seemed to think he was innocent. But I suppose Miss Black had the idea drummed into her when she would visit him in Azkaban. They weren't responsible for their actions. However their actions might have permitted to Black's escape...They obviously thought they were going to catch Black single-handed. Because they've gotten away with quite a lot in the past they have a rather high opinion of themselves." He droned on.

I had enough of his lies and jumped out of bed and yanked back the curtain dividing me from the rest of the ward. "That's all a load of rubbish Snape and you know it!" I snapped, Both he and the minister looked taken back by my words and sudden appearance. "You still think your father is innocent, pathetic." Snape sneered. I bawled my fists as my face reddened in anger. "So you are Sirius Black's daughter I presume?" The minister asked, I nodded and replied.
"Yes. And he is innocent Minister, I'm not lying, it was Pettigrew who killed all those muggles. He's not dead, he's alive and an unregistered Animagus, he sold the Potters to He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, he is still out there! You have to believe me!" I said as Snape called Madame Pomfrey over to calm me down. I fought against her restraints, determined to clear my father's name. Fred helped Madam Pomfrey hold me down as she poured a potion down my throat. Everything went black.

I woke up again to see Harry and Hermione run back into the Hospital Wing and start eating chocolate as Madam Pomfrey fussed about. All of a sudden we heard shouting coming from outside. "HE DIDN'T DISAPPARATE! YOU CAN'T DISAPPARATE INSIDE THIS CASTLE! THIS-HAS-SOMETHING-TO-DO-WITH-POTTER-AND-MISS-BLACK-!" Snape yelled as he burst into the room. He started shrieking at Harry as the Minister, Dumbledore and Madam Pomfrey tried to calm him down. "WHAT ABOUT YOU BLACK, OF COURSE YOU'D HELP YOUR FATHER ESCAPE!" He roared at me, Dumbledore told him that the doors have been locked for ten minutes and that we haven't left out beds. "Of course not! I've been with them ever since you left! Miss Black has been unconscious for a couple of hours, for crying out loud!" Said Madam Pomfrey. Dumbledore got everyone to leave, Snape still fuming, Madam Pomfrey went back to her office so I started asking questions. "Harry, 'Mione where's Sirius? Where's Remus? What's going on?" I asked as Ron looked equally as puzzled. They looked at each other and launched into their story.

When we were discharged, we all walked around the grounds Harry and Hermione still continuing with their story about the time turner. They walked down to Hagrid's but I went back up to the castle to see Remus. I walked into his office, knocking lightly on the door. "Guess you're going, huh?" I said sadly as I helped him pick up the books he dropped.
"Yeah, unfortunately parents wont want someone with lycanthropy teaching their students, so...." Said Remus, placing the book in his suitcase. "Did you hear about Dad?" I asked quietly. He nodded solemnly.
"Yeah, I did. Where do you think he's gone?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders and put his clothes away.
"I don't know. Our cottage in Godric's Hollow has bad memories for him so he might have gone to Grimlauld place, but that has just as bad memories"
"Maybe....Well I have to continue packing and you need to go find you friends and get your OWL results." Remus winked. Excitement filled me. "Ohhh what did I get in Defense?" I asked excitedly.
"You'll just have to find out." He said as he pushed me out the door.
"Oh and Moony," I started.
"Hmm."
"You're the best teacher we've had." I continued and he smiled. I rushed down to dinner to see everyone receiving their results, I collected mine from McGonagall and opened it with Fred and George. I had gotten 3 Outstanding's from Transfiguration, DADA and Care for Magical Creatures, 3 Exceeds Expectations and 3 Acceptable. I was extremely happy with my results and I was jumping in my seat. Fred and George scrapped a few O.W.Ls but they didn't seem to mind. To add to my joy, Gryffindor won the House Cup, I was quite literally screaming. When we all went to bed I was buzzing with joy.

The next day we were all piling onto the Hogwarts Express, my group of friends sat in our usual compartment towards the back end of the train. We played exploding snap as Fred had his arms around me with me on his lap and we played as a team. "Love, do you want to come round mine at some point this summer?" Fred asked as he made the deck explode when he set a card down.
"Sure, I'll have to ask Remus though." I replied. The door slid open and 'Mione walked in and handed me a letter.
"It's from Padfoot." She said before she left.
"Padfoot?" Fred asked as I read over the letter. I shot out of Fred's lap.
"I have to go see Remus." I said as I ran out of the compartment. I searched down the train and eventually found him in a compartment near the back. I slid open the door and sat down. "Hey Remus I just got this from Padfoot." I said, his head whipped around and saw the letter. He read through it and I re-read it.

Dear Puppy and Moony,
I have made it back safely, I've gotten back into my old home at Grimlauld Place and I would like you (Puppy) to come and live with me, Moony you are more than welcome to live with us too. Thank you so much for taking care of Puppy all these years and I'm pretty sure she counts you as a father too, I owe you so much mate.

As I understand it, you will probably receive this on the train back to Kings Cross where I will be waiting, in my Animagus of course, for you all to return. I will bring you back to Grimlauld Place and we can all spend time catching up. I will see you when the train arrives
Padfoot.
P.S. Puppy I want to meet this boyfriend of yours so bring him to meet me on the platform.

"Is he an idiot? He's bound to get caught." Remus said as his eyes darted through the letter again.
"I have to go back to my compartment, don't get too angry." I told him as I slipped out of the compartment and made my way back down the train, into my compartment.

The train slowed to a stop as we pulled into King's Cross, we all collected our luggage and said goodbye. I held Fred back so that I could tell him about Dad coming to the platform to meet him and how he's an Animagus (not going into too much detail of course.) We walked onto the platform hand in hand as I searched over the crowd until I found Remus petting and talking to a scruffy dog. We walked over and their attention was drawn to us. "Padfoot this is Fred, my boyfriend." I said as I crouched down and petted his head. He circled round Fred as Fred looked terrified and I laughed.
"He doesn't bite Fred." I said but Dad huffed as if to say.'Well....' Dad looked up to Fred's face and flopped his head sideways.
"Fred come on, say goodbye! You'll see her in the holidays anyway." Mrs Weasley called from the gang of red heads.
"He's a Weasley Pads, Molly and Arthur's son." Remus said as Fred and I made our way between the two groups.
"See you in a couple of weeks?" He asked, I nodded.
"Of course." We both had wide grins on our faces.
"Write to each other every day?" He asked.
"Definitely." I whispered as our faces came closer and we kissed. Padfoot began to growl where as George wolf whistled. We broke apart and began to laugh. He walked back to the Weasleys and I walked back to Remus and Padfoot. "Lets go." I said as we made our way off the platform to Grimlauld Place.