My Cousin's Best Friend (Klay Thompson) -Kalani-

For @Klaysqueen ! I hope you like reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! (:

-Kalani's POV-

"Girl, where are you going?"my mom asked. I rolled my eyes. "I'm just going to hang out with some friends." "Are you going to hang out with that boy Jeremy and his friends?"she asked. I lied,"No, I'm not."

My mom finally let me go and I drove right to Jeremy's house, where he and his friends were smoking weed in the living room. Of course, I smoked it as well.

The doorbell rang. Jeremy slowly opened the door. Thankfully I hadn't smoked too much, or else I wouldn't even notice that my mother was in front of me.

My mom grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the house, mumbling stuff. "Mom, stop. You're walking too fast,"I groaned. She ignored me and pushed me into the back seat of the car. She drove us back home.

"Go to your room now,"my mom instructed as we got inside the house. I slowly started going up the stairs but had no motivation to complete the task so I just sat in the middle of the stairs, seeing different colours.

I heard my mom talking on the phone with someone. She sounded really mad.

I sighed, slowly getting up and walking to my room. I fell asleep on the bed.

-Next Day-

The next morning, I woke up and did my usual morning routine. I walked downstairs and sat down across from my mom.

"Kalani, I've had enough with your bad behaviour. You lie, hang out with bad people, and do drugs! I will not stand this behaviour any longer. You need to straighten up your act,"she lectured. I mumbled,"Sorry, ma."

"Sorry won't cut it anymore. I'm sending you to live with your cousin for a while in California,"my mom informed. I questioned,"You're going to send me to live with Steph Curry?" She nodded. "That's right Kalani. You're leaving tomorrow."

I exclaimed,"But he's always playing basketball! He won't want to have me there!" My mom said,"I already called him and talked to him. He's fine with it. Ayesha's going to be home anyways, so you can hang out with her. Maybe she'll have a positive influence on you."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. I like Steph and his wife. It'll be fun,"I replied before walking out of the kitchen.

-The Next Day-

I looked around the airport for Ayesha, who was picking me up. "Kalani!"I heard her shout. I located her and ran over to her. She squeezed me in a hug. "Hey! It's so good to see you again!"she exclaimed. I smiled, hugging her back. "You too, Ayesha."

I noticed Riley standing beside her. I smiled and picked her up. "Hey darling,"I said. "Hey Auntie,"she spoke, wrapping her arms around me.

We walked to the parking lot, where I loaded my luggage into the back of Ayesha's car. We drove to her house, where Steph was waiting with his younger daughter, Ryan.

"Kalani, hey!"he greeted, hugging me. "Hi Steph,"I said. He informed,"Your mom told me everything, and I'm going to make sure that behaviour stops." I teased,"How you gonna do that? You ain't even gonna be home half of the time." Steph chuckled,"You'll be surprised how often I am home." "Sure pal,"I responded.

"Hey, no attitude with me,"he warned. I laughed and said,"Okay, chill. I don't care if you're the big, famous Steph Curry. You're still my cousin Wardell, okay?" I pinched his cheek. He laughed and nodded.

After eating a delicious lunch that Ayesha made, Steph went out for a few minutes. He came back in with one of his friends.

I recognized his friend right away. Klay Thompson. I have the biggest crush on this guy. He's absolutely gorgeous in photos, and even more gorgeous in real life.

Steph introduced,"Hey Kalani, this is my friend Klay. Does he seem familiar?" I rolled my eyes.

Every time I talk to Steph, I fangirl over Klay, much to his amusement.

"Shut up, Steph. Hi Klay." "Hey Kalani,"Klay said, flashing me a smile.

"Steph, could I talk to you real quick?"I asked. He nodded and we walked out of the kitchen.

As soon as we were out of sight from Klay, I smacked Steph on the head. "Ow! What's that for?"he exclaimed. I whisper/shouted,"You know I have a crush on Klay! Why would you bring him here?" He grinned. "So you two could meet and fall in love! You told me yourself that you wanted to meet him. I'm just being a good cousin and fulfilling your wish!" "Did you tell him that I like him?"I asked, my eyes widening. He chuckled,"No, I'm not that mean."

I walked back into the kitchen. Klay gave me a smile before continuing to play with Riley. I played with my hair while Steph talked to Klay.

"Hey Klay, could you take Kalani to the arena and show her around? I would, but I have to take Ryan to the doctor for a checkup." I glared at Steph. He's trying to push me and Klay together, and it's really obvious.

"Uh, sure. Wanna go right now. Kalani?"Klay asked. I nodded and followed him to his car.

He drove to the arena while we made some small talk. He even forced me to explain why I was staying with Steph, and when I did tell him, he thought it was hilarious.

We got to the arena and Klay showed me around. His favourite place was the practice room.

He started practicing some shots, scoring them all. "You're trying way too hard to impress me,"I laughed. Klay blushed a bit. I put my hand on his shoulder and said,"Don't worry. It's okay. I already know you're good. You don't need to prove it." Klay smiled. "Thanks Kalani."

I grabbed the ball that was under his arm and started dribbling away from him. "Try to catch me,"I smirked. Klay ran after me. I shot the ball quickly and scored. "Woo!"I cheered, throwing my arms into the air. Klay chuckled, shaking his head.

He picked up the ball and started dribbling. "Come on, defence,"he said. I ran over to him but he effortlessly dribbled past me. I ran after him but it was no use. He already scored a 3 pointer.

Klay passed me the ball, a smirk plastered on his face. I dribbled past him, but was lifted in the air by my waist.

Klay chuckled, throwing me over his shoulder. "Foul, foul!"I shouted, hitting his back. "No foul,"Klay decided. I requested,"I would love it if you put me down." Klay replied,"Nah, I don't think so."

He started spinning around. I screamed, getting extremely dizzy.

Klay lost his balance, causing him to fall over, me falling on top of him. He just stared into my eyes. I slowly leaned in, not realizing what was happening before it happened. I kissed Klay. He kissed back, rolling over so that he was on top of me.

I pulled away after a few minutes, breathing heavily. "Woah,"I whispered.

Klay got up and then lent me his hand, pulling me up. "You should come here more often,"he smirked. I blushed. "Yeah, I think I will."