Getting the Gold (Steph Curry) -Alyssa-

My birthday ends in like an hour and I just had to update on my birthday😅 This one's for ammendes808 ! I hope you like it (:

-Alyssa's POV-

"Alyssa, you have your final game in Rio today! You gotta win gold!"Steph exclaimed while we walked on one of the most beautiful beaches Brazil had to offer.

I laughed at my boyfriend. Steph Curry had decided not to play for Team USA in basketball, but came to support me in Rio.

I play beach volleyball with my partner Kerri Walsh Jennings. We're in the Olympic finals today against Germany.

"I'm so nervous,"I groaned, leaning my head on Steph's shoulder.

He stopped walking and hugged me. "Alyssa, I have so much faith in you. You know you're good. And I'll be right there cheering you on,"Steph said.

I smiled and nodded. "I know. Thanks Steph." I kissed him before we continued walking.

-2 Hours Later-

Kerri and I walked onto the court, and started getting ready to play. I looked in the crowd and spotted Steph in the front row with some of the USA basketball team. They all had USA flags and were screaming like crazy.

I laughed and ran over to Steph. He gave me a good luck kiss and said,"You can do it, baby. Go win the gold." I did his basketball celebration for whenever he scores in a game, making him smile.

"Good luck, Alyssa!"Draymond Green and Kevin Durant shouted.

I smiled. "Thanks guys,"I said, high-fiving them. I blew kisses to the rest of the group to acknowledge them.

Then I ran back to Kerri and we hugged. "Let's just have some fun and win,"I mumbled.

Kerri nodded and pulled away from the hug. "We can do it, Alyssa,"she said.

Before the game started, we shook hands with our German opponents. Then we started playing.

The game was so close. Germany won the first set and we won the second.

Steph cheering for me really helped me stay motivated. But I had to try my hardest not to get distracted by the USA basketball team being so funny and loud.

The third and final set of the game was so intense. All Kerri and I needed to win the gold was 15 points, and we were determined to get it.

Soon, the score was 14-12. We were winning. We needed one last point.

Kerri set the ball up for me and I spiked it down on the other side of the court. The ball landed in the sand.

Oh my god.

We won.

I immediately hugged Kerri. "Oh my god. We did it,"I breathed. "Yes, we did. Good job, Lyss,"she replied. "You too,"I nodded.

Tears were filling my eyes. "Alyssa!"the basketball team shouted. I turned my attention towards them.

They waved me over and Kyrie Irving handed me a big USA flag. I took it and wrapped it around my body.

I stepped over to Steph and kissed him. "Congratulations baby,"he smiled. I nodded and gave him a quick thank you before running back to Kerri.

She had a flag wrapped around her too. We posed for pictures, smiling. It all didn't feel real.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around. It was Steph.

"How'd you get onto the court?"I asked, laughing.

Steph said,"I need to ask you something while everyone's watching."

To my disbelief, Steph dropped onto one knee in the sand. I was in total shock.

The audience was clapping and screaming when Steph pulled out a diamond ring.

"Alyssa, I don't know what life would be like without you. You support me and I support you. It works out perfectly for us. I knew from the minute I met you that I would need to put a ring on you someday. Today's that day. Alyssa, will you marry me?"

I looked around, completely surprised. The crowd screamed. "Say yes! Say yes!"

I nodded. "Yes, of course Steph,"I said in tears.

Steph stood up and put the ring on my finger. "I'm so glad you said that,"he mumbled before crashing his lips against mine.

I smiled, pulling away. "I love you so so much,"I whispered, hugging him. Steph replied,"I love you so much more, my love."

The USA basketball team jumped over the barrier to us. "Y'all gonna be married!"Draymond shouted, putting his arms around mine and Steph's shoulders. I laughed, shaking my head.

I could hardly believe all this happened. I'm an Olympic champion and I'm marrying the love of my life. It doesn't get much better than that.