Back and Better (Blake Griffin) -Alie-

Shit, I suck at updating now. Sorry for that. I don't know why I haven't updated in so long, but I'll update more now. This one's for xo-drizzyy ! I hope you like it (:

-Blake's POV-

I took off my coat and hit voicemail on my home phone to see if there were any messages left while I was away.

"Hey, it's Blake. I'm not able to answer the phone right now, so leave a message. Thanks."

"Hey Blake, it's Alie. I know we haven't talked in a long time, but I'm in LA right now so maybe we could go out to dinner? Just call me back at this number if you're available. That's all. Bye."

My heart skipped a beat when I heard that voice mail. Alie?! I haven't seen her in years. How did she even get my number? That doesn't matter.

She was my best friend but after a while of being in the NBA, we just drifted apart. I was madly in love with her, but I never got to tell her and the feelings eventually just faded away.

I quickly dialled her number and waited. "Hello?"Alie answered. Oh my god. I couldn't speak. "Hello?"she repeated.

I cleared my throat and finally spoke. "Hey Alie. It's Blake."

"Oh my god! It is you! Hi!"she exclaimed.

"Yeah, hey. It's so great to hear your voice again. I haven't talked to you in so damn long,"I said.

I heard Alie giggle. Damn, I missed her cute laugh. "I'm kind of surprised you remembered me,"she admitted.

I replied,"Of course I remember. You were my best friend for years. I could never just forget you. We really should meet up. Are you available for dinner?"

She answered,"Yeah, sure. That would be great."

I suggested we meet up at a really fancy restaurant and she agreed to meet me there that night.

I was so excited but also nervous to see her after so long. Maybe my feelings for her will resurface?

-Alie's POV-

I stood outside the restaurant waiting nervously for Blake to come. I leaned back and forth on my feet, playing with my hair.

Blake was my best friend and I haven't seen him in forever. We just stopped talking after Blake started getting busy with basketball. When he first got drafted, it was fine. But after a while, we just didn't have time to hang out or talk.

A man walked up to me and I immediately smiled. "Hey Blake,"I greeted, hugging him. "It's so good to see you, Alie,"he mumbled into my hair.

I pulled away from the hug and grinned. "You look handsome,"I commented, touching his shoulder. Blake chuckled and said,"Thanks. You look so beautiful." I just smiled, shaking my head.

We walked into the restaurant and sat down. The two of us quickly ordered and then just talked while waiting for our food.

"So, how's your life going?"Blake asked.

I shrugged. "It's fine. Just same old, same old. Nothing exciting going on. But what about you? You're living the life, huh?"

Blake chuckled and shook his head. "It's not that fun. Honestly, it's really tiring." I nodded,"I would imagine."

"Wait, how'd you even get my number to call me earlier?"he questioned.

I explained,"Oh, I was in LA to see a relative and I actually ran into DeAndre Jordan. He remembered me and told me to hit you up. He gave me your number and everything. But I was just surprised that he remembered that I was a friend of yours."

Blake let out a nervous laugh. "Is everything okay?"I asked slowly. He just nodded.

Thankfully for him, the food arrived right then. We started eating in silence, but I couldn't just ignore how awkward Blake looked.

"Aye, for real, Blake. Are you okay?"I asked once again.

He looked at me and said,"Look, back then, I used to actually really like you. And not just as a friend. More than that. Some of my teammates knew, including DeAndre. He knew how in love I was with you."

My eyes widened. "Are you serious, Blake? No way!"I exclaimed in a hushed voice. I hit his arm and asked,"Why didn't you tell me?"

He chuckled and said,"I was too scared. I don't know."

I replied,"Well, I liked you a lot too..."

Blake looked at me. "Wait, for real Alie?" I nodded,"Yeah."

"Seeing you tonight really made me happy. Would you be willing to go on another date with me?"he asked.

I raised an eyebrow. "So this was a date?"

He smiled, holding my hands on the table. "I'd like to think so."

I laughed and said,"Well, I'll take you up on that offer for a second date then. I have to go back to my cousin's house though, so call me later."

Blake called for the check quickly and a man came and gave it. Shit, they charge a lot for some damn chicken. I started rummaging through my purse for money. "I'm paying,"Blake quickly said, putting some bills on the table. "No, it's okay,"I insisted, quickly finding some bills. Blake replied,"I'm not joking. Put that back in your purse."

I argued with him for a bit longer but he kept making me laugh by saying cheesy things so I eventually gave up.

I walked out of the restaurant, Blake at my heels. "I need to call a cab,"I mumbled, pulling out my phone.

"No, I'll drive you,"Blake said.

I asked,"You sure?" He nodded and led me to his car. I gave him my cousin's address and he started driving.

We talked the whole way there. I really missed my best friend, and I'm so glad I got to see him again. Maybe our friendship will turn into more in the near future? I'll just see where all this takes us.