Perspective (D'Angelo Russell) -Bree-

This one is for StephsWifey aka my favourite Bree😌 I hope you like it, and sorry about the wait (:

-Bree's POV-

"I can't believe this happened,"D'Angelo groaned, covering his face with his hands.

I put my head on his shoulder. "Baby, don't be so upset about this whole thing,"I sighed.

A video recently spread around the Internet of Nick Young laughing about cheating on Iggy Azalea. And D'Angelo was the reason behind it.

D'Angelo looked up at me, his eyes red. "Bree, you don't understand. My whole team hates me now. They don't trust me,"he said.

"I mean, I wouldn't necessarily disagree with them and how they're feeling about you,"I mumbled quietly.

D'Angelo moved further away from me on the couch. "What did you say?"he asked. I repeated a bit louder,"I wouldn't disagree with them..."

"How can you say that, Bree? You're supposed to take my side!"D'Angelo exclaimed.

I replied,"I'm just trying to help you see what your teammates are feeling."

D'Angelo shook his head. "This is ridiculous."

I defended,"I'm just saying! How can your teammates trust you if they saw you break someone's trust?"

"So if I were to cheat on you, you wouldn't want someone to tell you?"D'Angelo shouted.

I took a deep breath. I didn't want to get into a really heated discussion. Being the bigger person in the conversation, I just calmed down.

"Of course I would. I mean, that's pretty obvious. But I'm just trying to show you why people are mad. You should try understanding what people are thinking."

"I didn't know the video would leak!"he exclaimed, putting his head in his hands. I tried to comfort him by putting my hand on his shoulder, but he just shrugged it off.

"I really don't want you to be mad, D. I'm just saying that maybe you should look at this from a different angle. Because you could be seeing this all wrong,"I said.

D'Angelo stood up. "You know what, Bree? Call me when you actually have my back, because it's clear that you don't right now,"he spat before walking out the front door.

I sat there, stunned. Where did I go wrong? I was just trying to help him by showing him the other side of things. Now D'Angelo probably thinks that I think he's to blame for everything.

I hesitated on whether to follow D'Angelo or not. Maybe I should go make sure he's okay. It's night time and it's dangerous around here. I should just bring him back home.

I quickly grabbed my jacket and walked outside. It was pitch black, and the only light was from the street lamps and the stars above. It was quite cold so I quickly put on my jacket.

"D'Angelo?"I called into the night as I walked down the street.

I saw two guys walking towards me, laughing and talking. I got a little scared so I just quickly turned around to walk the other way.

"Aye ma, where you going?"one of them shouted.

I slowly turned around, kind of terrified. The guys were right in front of me. "Uh, excuse me please,"I basically whispered. I'm super shy, and even shyer around strangers.

I tried walking past them, but one grabbed my arm. "Where do you think you're going?"he asked, his smile now gone.

My stomach dropped with fear. "Please just let go,"I said, trying to release the man's grip off my forearm.

"Why, girl? I think we could spend lots of time together,"he said. The other man just laughed.

I replied,"I have a boyfriend and I really-"

"Get away from her,"someone said.

I looked behind me and saw D'Angelo. All my fear suddenly vanished. Something about seeing his face made all my nerves go away. He just does that to me.

"D'Angelo,"I whispered.

"Who's this tall dude?"one of the guys mumbled.

"I'm her boyfriend. Get away from her. Now,"D'Angelo demanded. "Whatever,"the guys said together before walking away.

I nervously looked up at D'Angelo. He looked super concerned.

"You okay, Bree? Did they touch you? I swear-"

I cut him off by saying,"I'm okay, D. Thank you."

He pulled me into a hug, kissing the top of my head. "I'm so sorry, Bree. I shouldn't have spoken to you like that,"he apologized.

I pulled away from the hug and looked into his eyes. "I was just trying to help you,"I whispered.

D'Angelo held my hands to his lips. "I know. I was just being heated for no reason. I have no right to talk to a woman like that, especially when they're as sweet and considerate as you,"he said.

I blushed a bit, looking down. D'Angelo tipped my head up and leaned down to kiss me. I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck, deepening the kiss.

D'Angelo slowly pulled away and said,"We should continue this at home."

I laughed as he picked me up bridal style and marched towards our house. "I love you,"I smiled up at him.

"I love you too,"he replied, walking up our driveway. "Now, let me show you how sorry I am..."