Perfect for Each Other (Kobe Bryant) -Larissa-

Oh my god, I really liked writing the ending of this one, haha. I hope you enjoy -mambamentality (:

-Larissa's POV-

I walked over to my best friend Kobe's house, heartbroken. My boyfriend of 3 years just broke up with me because he found someone better.

The only thing I could think of was going to Kobe's house. He's the only person I want to see right now.

I rang the doorbell and waited. I was obviously crying like an idiot, but I couldn't stop myself. The door opened, revealing Kobe. He was smiling, but as soon as he saw me, his face dropped. "Aye, Riss, what happened?"he asked, pulling me in for a hug.

I just cried into his chest. Luckily Kobe didn't say anything for a while. He just silently hugged me.

Finally, I pulled away from the hug. Kobe kissed my forehead before saying,"You need to talk to me. But take your time." He wiped my tears away and led me to his couch.

I just closed my eyes for a minute, trying to gather my thoughts. Kobe just sat beside me with his arm around my shoulder.

Finally, I spoke,"Michael broke up with me."

"What? You've got to be kidding me,"he mumbled, shaking his head.

I looked down. "He said he found someone better than me and then just left." I started crying again.

"Oh hell no. That man's extremely stupid. But I'm kind of happy right now."

I looked up at him, super confused. Is he happy to see me upset or something...?

He explained,"I knew Michael wasn't the one for you, Larissa. I was waiting for something to happen that would break you two up."

"What the fuck Kobe?"I exclaimed.

He defended,"I knew you wouldn't listen to me so I didn't even bother. And you were so happy. I couldn't tell you anything." "This is ridiculous,"I mumbled, shaking my head.

Kobe said,"I was just trying to be a good friend." "I'm so confused,"I responded.

Kobe chuckled. "I knew he wasn't perfect for you. There's no way he would've been with you forever."

I crossed my arms and asked,"Okay, and how did you know that?" "Because someone else is perfect for you,"he replied simply.

"And who's that, Mr. Love Expert?"

"Me."

I looked at Kobe. "Stop joking around,"I mumbled, hitting his arm lightly.

"I'm not joking. Larissa, you and I have been friends for years now. We're perfect for each other and you know it. Michael came into your life and I was devastated. But then I realized you two wouldn't last because you should be with me, not him."

I wasn't completely sure what was going on. I mean, is Kobe just kidding around or something? Am I being pranked?

I think he saw that I didn't understand what was going on so he decided to clear things up. "Larissa, I'm in love with you. I have been for the longest time. But by the time I had the courage to ask you to be my girlfriend, you were with Michael. So I'm going to ask you now. Larissa, will you be my girlfriend?"

A million things rushed through my mind. I didn't know what to say. I used to have such a big crush on Kobe when we first became friends, but it eventually died down. Now it seems like all the feelings are coming back.

"Yes Kobe. I'll be your girlfriend,"I finally decided with a smile.

Kobe immediately leaned in and kissed me. "I'm so glad you said yes,"he said, pulling away.

I grinned and pulled him back in for a second kiss. Man, I really should've kissed Kobe way before.

I pulled away and leaned my head on his shoulder. "I hope I don't regret this,"I mumbled.

Kobe asked,"Why would you regret this? I'm a great boyfriend."

"Sure buddy. Explain why you've been single then?"I replied with a smirk.

Kobe sat up straighter. "Doesn't matter. I was playing professional basketball, okay?"

"Yeah, great way to end your career by the way. Couldn't even win half the games."

"Well at least I did something with my sports career."

"Well at least I know what a pass is."

Kobe and I spent all night just making fun of each other. And we loved every second of it.

Kobe was right. We are perfect for each other. We're able to completely tear each other apart with roasts but still love each other. And that's the great thing about love. You can get away with pretty much anything, because no matter what you two love each other dearly.