Local Courts (Andrew Wiggins) -Ivyanna-

This one's for CaptainKrunch26 ! I hope you like it (:

-Ivyanna's POV-

I got up from the couch and went to the kitchen, grabbing something to drink.

As I glanced outside the window, I realized what a beautiful day it was. Instead of just sitting inside, glued to my couch, I decided to go practice some basketball skills.

I went up to my room and changed into a pair of black basketball shorts, a green tank top, and laced up some black Nike runners. I pulled my long hair into a high ponytail and went back downstairs.

My basketball was already by the door, so I picked it up on the way out. I decided to go to the local basketball court in an average park.

There weren't many people at the courts. I started dribbling around, practicing my layups.

I noticed a guy just staring at me from pretty far away. I shouted over at him,"Take a picture! It'll last longer!"

I saw him laugh as he walked closer to me. I felt kind of awkward, but I didn't let that show.

"Sorry. I just thought you looked stunning,"the man admitted.

He looked really familiar, but I couldn't place a finger on exactly who he was.

"Oh, that's pretty cute. I'm Ivyanna. And you are...?"I trailed off. The guy asked,"Wait, you don't know who I am?" "Uh, no. You seem familiar, but I don't know. I can't figure it out,"I admitted.

He chuckled and introduced,"Hi, I'm Andrew Wiggins. I play in the NBA for the Minnesota Timberwolves."

"Oh right! You're Mr. Air Canada! I can't believe I couldn't realize it was you!"I exclaimed, suddenly feeling really stupid. He waved it off,"Nah, it's fine. And don't say all that Air Canada stuff. Right now, I'm just Andrew. Local kid."

I smiled, admiring how humble this guy was. He's a professional basketball player but doesn't want to be treated that way. He just wants to be normal. That's really respectable.

"Okay, I see. That's really cool, honestly,"I said. Andrew smiled, looking down.

"So, why're you here anyways, playing here?"I asked. Andrew answered,"The season's over, and I'm just trying to improve my craft. It feels nice just doing it in a little outdoor court. I don't get to do this stuff anymore, you know?" I nodded,"Yeah, that would be weird." He agreed,"Yeah, it is. I mean, I grew up playing here and it makes me feel so good coming back. Makes me feel like a kid again." I smiled. "That's cute."

"Are you a basketball player?"Andrew questioned, motioning towards the basketball under my arm. I shrugged,"Eh, not really. I just play for fun."

"Well Ivyanna, would you mind playing with me?"he asked. I laughed a bit. "If you're up for it,"I joked. He responded,"Oh I'm up for it alright."

We started playing some one-on-one and I tried my hardest to keep up with Andrew's skills.

He was obviously better than me, but I still kept trying and managed to only be a few points behind him. I even tied it up.

Andrew had the ball, dribbling it back and forth. "Okay, this is the last ball. Whoever scored first wins,"I announced.

He looked right into my eyes, not looking away. "Beautiful eyes,"he complimented, making me blush a little. "Shut up and play,"I mumbled.

Andrew chuckled and dribbled past me. I tried to block his shot, but it went over me and swished through the net.

"That's game,"he grinned.

I high-fived him. "Good job,"I said. "You too. You sure you don't play ball professionally?"he asked. I laughed and nodded. "I'm sure."

Andrew's phone rang. "Excuse me for a second. I'll be right back,"Andrew excused before jogging away.

I shot some 3 pointers while I waited for him to come back. I scored all of them of course.

He jogged up to me soon and said,"I have to go, but I really want to see you again. Could I have your number?" I replied,"Yeah, of course." I told him my number and he tapped it into his phone.

"Okay Ivyanna, I hope to see you again soon,"Andrew smiled. "Yeah, you too. Bye Andrew,"I said before he walked away.

I went home and showered, since I was all sweaty. I changed into some comfy clothes and then went into the kitchen to make some food.

My phone rang. I didn't recognize the number, but I assumed it was Andrew.

"Hello?"I answered. "Uh, hey. It's Andrew." "Woah, eager much?"I joked. He said,"I'm sorry, but I just want to ask you this right now. Will you go on a date with me?"

I nodded but then remembered he couldn't see me. "Yes, of course."

"Okay, great. I'll text you with the details and maybe we can go out soon,"Andrew decided. I smiled,"I'd love that." "Alright,"he nervously chuckled before hanging up.

I don't know why, but I suddenly felt so connected with Andrew. He seems like the most amazing guy and seems to like me a lot. I just have to continue impressing him, I guess. We'll just see where this goes.