Lying to Surprise (Klay Thompson) -Simone-

This one is for simontommo ! I worked really hard on it so I hope you enjoy it!

-Simone's POV-

As I arrived at the airport, I called my boyfriend Klay Thompson.

I have to do some lying right now. I'll explain later.

Klay picked up the phone and groaned,"Hello?" "Hey Klay, it's me,"I said.

"Oh hey, Simone,"he replied, sounding really weird and tired. But then I realized,"Oh shit! I forgot about time zones. It's like 4am back in California."

Klay let out a little chuckle. "Yeah, it is. And since the first playoff game is in a day, I should be getting all the sleep I need,"Klay said. I squeaked,"Sorry!"

"No, it's fine. What did you want to say though?"he asked.

This is where the lying comes in.

"I won't be able to come to the game... My flight got delayed for a whole day. I'm going to miss it,"I lied.

"But- But it's the first game of the finals,"he said. I could hear the pain in his voice. He really wants me to be there.

I sighed,"I know Klay. I'm so sorry. There's nothing I can do. No plane's going to California in a while." I heard Klay take a deep breath.

"I really wanted you to see me play. And you're my motivation to do well, Simone,"he mumbled. I couldn't help but smile. Klay is such a sweetheart.

"Baby, I'll be there by game 3 at the most,"I assured, knowing I was going to be at game 1. Klay replied,"Whatever, it's fine."

"Uh, I gotta go figure out luggage stuff, so I'll talk to you later. Bye babe,"I said. He mumbled,"Bye baby."

I hung up, feeling really bad. But as I walked into the airport, I reminded myself that the look on Klay's face is going to be priceless when he sees me front row at the game. I smiled just thinking about it.

The plane ride was very tiring and made me feel really gross. It was so long and I felt so unfresh.

When I finally made it to California and I left the airport, I called Steph Curry. He's one of my best friends and knows that I'm coming for the game. He's helping me make sure I don't see Klay until the actual game. He was also the one that got me the tickets to the game.

Steph answered the phone,"Hey Simone. You at the airport yet?"

I answered,"Yeah. So you booked a hotel room for me, right?" Steph decided that when I come to California, I should get freshened up and sleep for a bit. And to make sure Klay doesn't see me, I should just stay at a hotel.

Steph said,"I wish I could've come pick you up, but Klay would've been suspicious because we're practicing all morning." I assured,"No, it's fine. You've already done enough for me."

Steph gave me the name of the hotel and I hailed a cab to get there. The hotel was huge and so fancy. It probably costs a fortune to stay here. I have to pay Steph back for this.

The first thing I did when I got to the hotel room was take a long shower. Then I ordered some room service because I was extremely hungry.

I got a phone call from Klay so I answered,"Hey Klay." "You're not here, are you?"he asked.

I lied,"I'm sorry baby... No flights connected to California. I really wish I could be there." "Oh,"was all he said.

I pleaded,"Please don't be sad, Klay. Please just be optimistic."

Klay muttered,"I love you." "I love you too,"I replied.

Klay said,"Gotta go do a press conference now." "Okay, bye,"I responded before hanging up.

About half an hour before the game started, I got to Oracle Arena. I quickly went to the front row, where I would be sitting.

Steph ran up to me and hugged me. "Hey Simone! I missed you!"he exclaimed.

I laughed and replied,"I missed you too. Where's Klay?" Steph acted offended, putting his hand on his chest. "Just dismissing me like that, huh?" I rolled my eyes playfully and said,"You know I love you. But I just really want to see Klay."

Steph chuckled,"I know, I know. But I think Klay's going to be out in a few minutes." I nodded, fixing my white Klay Thompson jersey.

Soon I saw Klay walk onto the court. I held in my screams because I just wanted Klay to casually see me. That makes the best reaction, I think.

As he grabbed a ball and started dribbling, his eyes might mine and he immediately dropped the ball. Klay ran over to me and pulled me into a giant hug.

"Simone, you evil cutie,"he mumbled into my hair. I giggled, pulling away.

"Did you really think I would miss your first game in the Finals?"I asked, looking up at him.

He didn't even acknowledge the question. He just continuously kissed my face over and over again, mumbling "I love you" and "I missed you so much" between every kiss. I laughed, firmly planting my lips on Klay's.

"I love you and missed you too. Now go win this game for me,"I said. Klay chuckled and kissed me one last time before jogging away.

The game between the Warriors and Cavaliers was incredible. The Warriors maintained a lead for most of the game and all the bench players stepped up so much.

I felt like a proud mom cheering them on. In the end of course, Warriors won. I was screaming as loud as I possibly could. I felt so happy and proud. Game 1 goes to the Warriors.

Klay ran up to me and hugged me, spinning me around. I laughed, and when he put me down, I kissed him. "Congrats babe,"I whispered.

"Thanks baby. But I didn't really do anything this game,"he denied.

I looked him in the eyes and said,"Hey, it doesn't matter how many points you get. Players impact the game in all ways, and every player is important."

Klay smiled, wrapping his arms around me. "I love you so much, Simone." "I love you too, Klay,"I replied.