Fangirl Meets Fanboy (Kyrie Irving) -Shaunte-

Y'all, this is probably one of the longest one shots I've written. But I just love Kyrie a lot. This is for KaptinCrunch20 ! I hope you like it (:

-Shaunte's POV-

One last click... and done.

I just finished editing my YouTube video and watched it start posting. This usually takes a while, so I decided to scroll through Instagram while I waited.

I've been on YouTube for 4 years now, and I've gained tons of subscribers on the site. More than 6 million subscribers, to be exact. I mostly make videos about basketball and just anything funny or interesting. I'm actually a pretty shy person in reality, so YouTube's just a way for me to open up more.

The video I had just finished editing was a basketball Q&A. I'm definitely not shy about who my favourite players and teams are. I talk about them very freely.

"Shaunte, did you see who commented on your most recent Instagram picture?"my roommate Destiny asked as she walked into my room.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "No, who?"I asked.

"Kyrie fucking Irving!"she exclaimed, shoving her phone in my face.

"You're kidding,"I whispered, grabbing the phone. I looked at what Destiny had pulled up.

I had posted a selfie earlier in the day and sure enough, there was Kyrie's comment: you look cute, and i loved your last video😉

My heart was racing. Oh my god, oh my god. He called me cute. Wait, what was my last video? Oh yeah... In the video, I had talked about how much I love Kyrie's plays.

"Sh-Should I reply o-or..?"I stuttered, looking up at Destiny. She replied,"Yes! Of course you should!"

I nodded, my hands shaking. I took my phone and replied to Kyrie's comment: thanks☺️😂

"That's all you're going to say?"Destiny exclaimed.

I replied,"Yeah, how much more should I say? Do you want me to be like 'OMG, I love you! Thank you for blessing me with your comment. My life is now complete'?"

She laughed and said,"Okay, fine. You got a point there."

I grinned. "I know I do. Now get outta here,"I laughed.

Destiny walked out of my room as I opened up some emails from earlier on. I always get emails for possible sponsorships or events.

One email stuck out to me though. It was from the Cleveland Cavaliers organization. I opened the email and read through it:

Shaunte,

We were pleased to hear that you're a big Cavaliers fan from Kyrie Irving. He would love to meet you in person. Your videos are a hit around the locker room, so we wanted to invite you to a game. We would love to have you come and meet the players, as well as watch the game of course. Please respond as soon as you can so we can get things set up for you. We look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day.

Best Regards, The Cleveland Cavaliers Organization

I screamed,"Destiny, get your butt up here!" I needed to show her the email.

After she did read it, I responded to the email with her help:

Dear Cavaliers Organization,

I would like to thank you for the very kind offer you proposed to me. As a huge Cavaliers fan, it's an honour to hear that the players like my videos. I would love to come to a game and meet all the players and the rest of the organization. Just send me the details, and I'll be there! Thank you once again for the opportunity. Have a wonderful day.