Long Distance (John Wall) -Shai-

Hey y'all, hope you're doing good. This one's for shailovesmj ! Sorry it took so long, but hopefully you enjoy reading it (:

-Shai's POV-

"C'mon baby. Let's go practice. Tomorrow's your last game with Kentucky and mine is coming up as well,"I said, taking my boyfriend's hand.

John and I have been dating since junior year of high school. Then we both went to the University of Kentucky together. Here we both play on our respective basketball teams.

I know what's going to happen next. After this season is over, John's going to the NBA. And I'm going to stay behind. There's nothing we can do but just hope our relationship works out when he makes it to the big league.

John replied,"Okay, let's go practice, baby."

-1 Year Later-

"Hey, it's John. Leave a message and I'll get back to you."

I sighed. "Hey John, it's Shai. We haven't talked in a few days, and I really miss you. I know you're busy and all, but I really wish you would call me back."

I hung up and sat down on my small dorm bed. I miss how my relationship with John used to be... We would always hang around campus and he would always try to sneak into my dorm at night. It was fun. I really miss those times.

I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind as I pulled some textbooks out of my backpack. I need to study for this exam.

My phone rang a few minutes later. I read the caller ID. It was John. "Hey rook,"I answered.

John chuckled. "Hey baby. I'm sorry I didn't pick up the phone the first time. I was at practice. But what's up?"

"I just miss you, that's all. When's the next time you're coming to visit the campus or practice at the facility here?"I asked.

He replied,"I don't know, Shai. Hopefully soon. I'll definitely come to your dorm and stuff. But I'm not sure when." "Okay,"I replied quietly.

I ended up not seeing John for a few months. We talked on the phone and stuff, but it wasn't the same.

That's when I took matters into my own hands. I graduated and got my degree. And then I headed to Washington, DC.

"Bradley, please listen. I need one ticket to the game tonight. Please Brad! Just one,"I begged over the phone on a call to John's teammate and one of my good friends.

Brad sighed. "Okay Shai, only because your John's girlfriend."

"And because you love me,"I added cheekily.

Brad chuckled,"Yeah, that too." He continued,"I'll get you the ticket. Come by my house and I'll give it to you."

I smiled. "You're the best Brad. I love you." I hung up, grinning ear to ear. This plan is going to work, and it'll be amazing.

-The Next Night-

I got ready at my hotel room for the Washington Wizards vs. Orlando Magic game.

I was wearing my John Wall jersey which was tucked into some ripped jean shorts. I picked up my ticket from in front of the mirror. Brad had gotten me a ticket and I picked it up earlier in the day.

I put on my Air Jordans and grabbed my phone before going down to the lobby. "Ma'am, your Uber's here,"the man at the front desk said. I gave him a quick 'thank you' before getting into the Uber.

When I got to the arena, I went and sat in my seat. There were still 20 minutes until the warmup started, and I was nervous.

I haven't seen John in almost a year. I'm kind of surprised our relationship lasted. John and I just really love each other, no matter how hard it is.

Soon, the players started trickling out from the locker rooms.

Bradley saw me first and walked up to me. "John has no idea,"he whispered, hugging me. I laughed and said,"Thanks again, Brad." He nodded before running away.

Otto Porter Jr. saw me and ran over with Kelly Oubre Jr. behind him. I haven't met Kelly before, but John has told me a lot about him. But Otto and I definitely know each other.

"Shai, I haven't seen you in so long!"Otto exclaimed, attacking me in a hug.

I laughed. "I missed ya, Otto! I'm glad you still remember me."

"C'mon Shai. We talk at least once a week,"he responded, making me giggle. "That's true,"I nodded.

Kelly was just awkwardly standing there, so I politely hugged him. "Hi, I'm Shai,"I said.

Kelly smiled. "Nice to finally meet you, Shai. I'm Kelly."

"You're saying that like I wouldn't know,"I laughed, lightly hitting his chest.

I was suddenly crushed in a hug. I immediately knew who it was "John!"I shouted, hugging him harder.

He pulled away and kissed all over my face. I giggled, scrunching my nose up. John kissed my lips and when he pulled away, he wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me, lifting me off the ground.

"I missed you so much,"I mumbled into his neck.

"Shai, I love you so so so so much,"he muttered, making me blush.

John put me back on the ground. "I missed you so much, Shai. I'm so happy that you're here right now,"he said.

I smiled and nodded. "I love you, John. I just really couldn't wait to see you. I know you're really busy, so I came to see you instead of you coming to see me,"I explained.

John kissed me again. "I have to go play, but after the game, we'll go out to dinner, okay?"he asked.

I nodded. "Sounds good. Play good today, babe. I'll be cheering you on,"I grinned.

John smiled. "I'll win for you, my love,"he assured. Before he walked away, he added,"I've had my training with you in KU. I know you would kill me if I got less than 25 points."

I nodded. "Damn right, Wall."