The Big Surpise (Klay Thompson) -Kalani-

Aye, what's up y'all? I think I'm getting pretty good at this whole updating thing again. This one's for Klaysqueen ! I hope you like it! (:

-Kalani's POV-

"Marissa, you need to come over ASAP. I need to tell you something,"I spoke into the phone.

"Alright then, I'll be over in 5,"my best friend replied before hanging up.

I paced up and down in front of the door waiting for her to arrive. Soon, there was a knock on the door. I hurried to open it and saw Marissa.

I quickly pulled her into the house and shut the door behind her. "What's up boo?"Marissa asked.

I started speaking really fast. "I felt really sick in the morning and I started throwing up. Klay and I did have sex before he left for Brazil, but we were careful. Just in case, I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive. I'm pregnant, Riss. And I'm so scared. I don't know what to do."

"Woah, woah. Slow down, Kalani. It's okay,"Marissa whispered, pulling me in for a hug.

I squeezed her. "I'm terrified, Riss,"I mumbled into her shoulder. Tears threatened to spill any second.

She pulled away from the hug and asked,"Did you tell Klay yet?"

"No, I can't. I'm scared about what he'll say. We had a long discussion one day and he told me he didn't want kids any time soon. He'll hate me,"I said.

Marissa shook her head. "You have to tell him, Lani. There's no way he'll hate you. I think he'll be mad if you don't tell him already. Klay needs to know."

I chewed on my bottom lip, thinking. "He's in Rio though. He's going to be there for the next 2 weeks,"I said. She gave me a look. I sighed,"Fine... I guess I'll call him."

"That's my girl. I'll be in the kitchen. Tell me what happens,"Marissa said before skipping off into the kitchen.

I sighed and called Klay. He picked up the phone and mumbled,"Hey, who's this?"

"Uh, hey baby. It's Kalani,"I replied.

Klay sounded super groggy as he said,"Oh, hey Lani. What's up?" "

"What's up with you? Your voice sounds weird,"I commented.

Klay let out a little chuckle. "It's 1am here, baby. I have a game tomorrow- Well I guess today,"he informed. I let out a little gasp. "Oh my god, Klay. I'm so sorry!"I squeaked.

Klay chuckled. "No, it's fine. I missed your voice anyways."

I smiled a bit. Klay and I's relationship can be super hard at times because of all the time we have to spend away from each other, but he's such a great boyfriend. And he's also just the sweetest person ever.

Klay interrupted my thoughts by asking,"So, what's up?" Oh right... I need to tell him the news. I really don't want to. But I have to. Or else Klay will be mad that I kept this big of a secret from him.

I blurted out,"I'm pregnant."

"You-You what?"Klay spit out in shock.

I quickly said,"Please don't be mad. I know you didn't want kids, but it is what it is. And I really want to keep it."

He replied,"I'm just shocked right now, not mad. Can we talk about this tomorrow? I really need to get some rest and I need to focus on the game."

"Yeah, of course. It was dumb of me to tell you before a big game. I don't know what I was thinking,"I sighed. Klay assured,"No, it's okay. Thank you for telling me."

"Well, call me later okay? I'll let you sleep,"I said before hanging up.

I sat on the couch, really confused. How can Klay hide his emotions so well? He was so... monotone. Wasn't happy, wasn't mad. Just... neutral. I'll see what he has to say about this tomorrow.

Marissa walked back into the living room. "How'd it go?"she asked, stuffing a cookie into her mouth.

I sighed,"I don't know. He said he'll talk to me tomorrow."

The next day, I got a phone call from Klay. "Hey Klay,"I greeted.

"Hey baby. Look, about last night, was all that true? I feel like I'm just being delusional. It was late and I feel like that wasn't real,"he replied.

I bit my lip before saying,"It was true.. I'm pregnant, Klay."

"Wow, um I don't know what to say. I'm actually really happy. I was thinking all day and realized having a child with you would be so amazing. I'm ready to be a father, Kalani. I might fuck up some stuff, but I'm ready to learn how to take care of a baby and all that."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Okay Klay. We'll learn together."

He said,"I love you so much, Lani. I can't wait to get back home to see you and the little thing growing inside your stomach."

I laughed,"I love you too. See you soon,  baby. But don't come back without the gold medal."

"I won't. I'll win it for you and our baby,"Klay said, making me smile even more than I already was.