Complicated Friendship (Willie Cauley-Stein) -Aniya-

This one's for Yeeeeeeezy ! I hope you like it (:

-Aniya's POV-

I paced around the room, playing with my hands. Do I tell him? Do I not? What if he doesn't believe me?

I was just going for a walk and I saw my best friend's girlfriend making out with some guy at a café.

My best friend is Willie Cauley-Stein. We've been friends since we were kids, but I feel like he won't believe me if I tell him. He really loves his girlfriend.

I took a deep breath as I sent Willie a text: I need to talk to you about something. Come to my house.

After a few minutes, he replied: Okay Aniya I'll be there in 5

I paced around in the living room until Willie knocked on the front door. I opened it and Willie walked in.

"Hey, you alright?"he asked, putting his arm around my shoulder. I replied,"Uh, yeah. I just have to tell you something." "What is it?"he asked, looking at me concerned.

I took a deep breath before saying,"Lana's cheating on you."

Willie let out a little chuckle. "Stop playing and tell me,"he insisted, not believing me. I said,"I'm telling the truth, Will." "No, you're not. Lana wouldn't cheat on me,"he refused.

I responded,"I saw her kissing a guy who wasn't you. That's not cheating?" "No, no. She wouldn't,"he denied.

I questioned,"You don't believe your best friend?" He replied,"No, I don't." "Are you seriously taking the side of a woman you've only been dating for 6 months over your best friend of 15 years?"I asked, shaking my head. He answered,"Yeah, I am."

I scoffed,"I thought you trusted me." "Not when it has to do with you lying about my girlfriend,"he responded.

I shook my head. "This is unbelievable. One day you're going to see that I was right. Don't come running back to me when that happens,"I shot back. "Whatever,"he mumbled, walking out the door.

-One Month Later-

I haven't talked to Willie in 1 whole month. I hope he's happy with that cheater Lana.

I'm just happy to have my faithful boyfriend Kyle, who I met that night Willie and I stopped talking. We've been inseparable since we met. We have the same personalities, interests, everything. He's the perfect man for me.

I decided to go get some dinner for Kyle and I since he was coming home late. I went to a restaurant to pick up some burgers and fries for us.

When I was there, I saw none other than Willie Cauley-Stein.

It kind of made me upset seeing him because I haven't seen him in a month and haven't talked to him either.

I was tempted to go up to him, but then I decided against it. I'm just going to get my food quietly and quickly get out of there. Or so I thought...

"Aniya's order ready to go!"the waitress announced loudly. Well there goes the "quietly" part.

Immediately Willie turned his head and looked at me. I quickly looked down and walked to the lady, taking the bag. I had already paid, so I quickly mumbled a,"Thank you," before trying to leave.

"Aniya, wait,"Willie called, running after me. I decided to just listen to what he wanted to say. "What?"I asked sharply.

Willie sighed and said,"You have every right to be mad at me. I don't blame you. I was stupid and didn't want to believe that you were telling the truth that day. I found out last night that Lana was cheating on me. I'm so sorry Aniya."

I responded bitterly,"I told you. But no, you didn't believe your best friend over some girl."

"Aniya, please. Let me make this right. I want to make it up to you for me being stupid. And I realized something big last night. I really want you to be my girlfriend,"he confessed.

My body tensed up at that sentence. "W-What?"I stammered. "I want you to be my girlfriend,"he repeated with a smile.

I informed him,"Uh, I have a boyfriend, Willie. I'm sorry. I gotta go." Willie's face dropped immediately.

I could basically hear his heart breaking. Mine was breaking a little too. I don't know why, but it was.

I quickly walked out of the restaurant and got in my car. On the way home, I couldn't believe that had happened.

Willie basically admitted he had feelings for me. We've been friends for 15 years and it's just weird how he never realized he liked me before.

But I have Kyle. He's my boyfriend and I love him dearly. I wouldn't leave him for Willie.

-One Year Later-

"Yes sir, I'll get the report for you by tomorrow,"I said to my boss over the phone as I walked down the street. "Okay, thanks Aniya. Have a good day,"he replied before hanging up.

As I put my phone in my purse, someone bumped into me. I caught my balance, making sure not to fall.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to do that. Are you okay?"the man asked. I looked up at him.

It was Willie Cauley-Stein.

I haven't talked to this man since... Well, since he said he wanted me to be his girlfriend but I turned him down and never talked to him again after that.

"Aniya, is that you?"Willie asked in shock. I nodded, smiling a little. "Hey Will."

"Man, it's good to see you. How are you?"he questioned. I answered,"I'm fine. Just living that single life." "Wait, single?"he repeated. I nodded.

"Things didn't work out with Kyle. We decided to just be friends,"I explained, playing with my fingers to avoid eye contact.

"Can we grab some dinner together tonight? I really want to hang out with my best friend again,"Willie said. I couldn't help but smile a little. I nodded,"Yeah, sure."

In the evening, I met up with Willie at a fancy restaurant.

We filled each other in on what had happened in the last year.

Then I had to address something that was bugging me quite a bit.

I blurted out,"Did you really mean it when you asked me to be your girlfriend that day at the restaurant?"

Willie looked a bit taken back, but he replied,"Yeah, I did. I realized how much I love you. And not just in a friend way. I wanted us to be more than friends. I still do." "Really?"I asked.

Willie nodded. "Aniya, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Let's just talk things over for now. Maybe in a while I'll say yes,"I smiled. Willie grinned and hugged me. "I'm okay with that,"he whispered, kissing my forehead.