First Impressions (Klay Thompson) -Teressa-

This one's for @theklayvibe ! I hope you like it (:

-Teressa's POV-

"That's it Teressa. Another fight at school? And guess what. Your principal called. You're failing all your classes!"my mom shouted at me. "Mom, it's not my fault! There's this girl and she-"I started.

She interrupted,"No, no more excuses. I won't listen to those anymore. This city is definitely not helping you. You need to get out of here for a while." "What're you talking about?"I questioned.

My mom announced,"You're going to live with your cousin in Phoenix for a bit. He already said that he's okay with it." My cousin, the NBA player Devin Booker. Me and him were very close as kids, but barely talk anymore since he's too busy with his basketball career.

"Wait, so let me get this straight. You're mad because I'm failing, so you're gonna make me skip school for a few weeks? That makes no sense,"I said. My mom replied,"You will be taking online schooling for that time. And I made sure to tell Devin that you will be doing all this work, so that he can tell me whether you do it or not."

I sighed. "Whatever. I like hanging out with Devin. It'll be fun."

-A Week Later-

Devin shouted from downstairs,"Teressa, I'm going out with some friends! Do some homework while I'm gone!"

I walked out of my room and looked down the stairs where Devin was standing with some of his teammates. "Do I have to do homework? Can't I just chill?"I asked. Devin chuckled. "No, just do your work now. And then tonight you can come watch our game against the Warriors."

I squealed,"I love the Warriors! Oh my gosh. I'll do my homework right now!" I ran back into my room and started quickly working on algebra.

The Warriors are my favourite team, even though it probably should be the Suns. But whatever, I love Klay Thompson more than my cousin.

I finished my homework quite fast and then got ready for the basketball game. I put on my Thompson jersey and some leggings along with some Jordans. I did my makeup and then went and sat in the living room, waiting for Devin.

He came back home a while later, grabbed his bag and some water, and took me to the car.

We got to the arena quite quickly. In the parking lot while Devin took out his bag, he said,"You really should've worn a Suns jersey." "Nah, y'all suck,"I teased. He rolled his eyes and locked his car.

Devin instructed,"Okay, so you're gonna go sit in your seat while I go get ready. Here's your ticket. You're court side, you're welcome." I grinned and nodded. "I'm gonna see my bae Klay up close,"I said dreamily.

Devin chuckled and shook his head. "Don't do anything embarrassing, Teressa." "Puh-lease,"I said, walking away from him. Devin called,"Hey, I'll come find you after the game! Don't leave by yourself!" I looked back at him. "Okay Devin! Good luck!"I shouted with a wave.

I went and sat in my seat. I was sitting super close to where the Warriors would sit a while later.

The Warriors came out a few minutes later and started warming up.

I made a video of Klay where I shouted,"Baeeee!" And Klay actually looked at me. He started laughing and gave me a thumbs up, which made me almost die.

Steph Curry came and sat down next to me, causing me to freak out. He gave me a quick nod before taking a sip of water. "Warriors fan, huh?"he asked. I laughed and nodded.

"I'm actually Devin Booker's cousin, so he's mad that I'm wearing my Warriors jersey,"I informed. Steph replied,"Oh, no way. You're his cousin? That's cool." I laughed and nodded.

"Who's your favourite player?"Steph inquired. "Klay,"I admitted awkwardly. I added quickly,"But I love you too." Steph chuckled. "No, it's fine. That's cool. Well I should go back,"he said. I nodded.

He ran over to Klay and started talking to him. Klay kept looking over at me. Wait, is Steph telling him about me?! Wow Steph...

Klay "accidentally" kicked a basketball over to me. I giggled and picked it up. He slowly jogged over.

I threw the ball to him but it accidentally hit him in the face. My eyes widened.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"I exclaimed, standing up. Klay held his nose. I saw some blood oozing out, causing me to freak out. "Oh my gosh. You're bleeding. I'm so sorry,"I freaked out.

Klay let out a little chuckle, picking up a towel off a nearby chair. "No, it's fine,"he said, pressing the towel to his nose.

A man ran over. "Klay, head up. Pinch the bridge of your nose,"the man instructed. Klay followed his instructions, sitting in the chair beside mine.

"Is he okay? Did I break his nose?"I asked the man. He shook his head. "No, it's fine. Just a nose blood. It could bruise though,"the man said. "I am so sorry, Klay. I didn't mean to do that. I just wanted to give you the ball. I thought you would want me to throw it, so I did. I didn't know it would hit you in the face,"I blabbered on.

Klay chuckled and stood up. He put a hand on my shoulder and said,"It's okay. I didn't get your name though." "Teressa,"I answered nervously.

"Well hi Teressa. Don't worry about my nose. I'll be fine. Nice jersey by the way,"Klay charmed. I felt like I was going to faint.

"Wow, I really outdid myself with the first impression, huh?"I joked. Klay chuckled,"Yup, you really did."

"I'm sorry,"I apologized once again. Klay responded,"It's fine. Well, I'm going to go now. But I'll see you later." I nodded before he walked away.

The Phoenix Suns came out and started warming up. I waved Devin over and he jogged towards me. "What's up?"he asked.

I told him,"I just gave Klay Thompson a bloody nose." "Are you serious?"he exclaimed. I nodded. "I didn't mean to. But he was super nice about it and his nose isn't broken, so it's okay." Devin sighed,"Whatever. Just don't do anything else stupid." I laughed as he walked away.

During the game, Klay kept looking at me. I cheered for the Warriors so loudly. Steph and Klay kept pointing at me, which made me feel so special.

During halftime, I heard an interviewer asked Klay,"What happened to your nose?" Klay chuckled and said,"The beautiful lady sitting right there accidentally threw a ball at my face."

The cameras turned to me. I immediately blushed. I'm on TV and Klay just called me beautiful. Woah. I awkwardly waved at the camera before it turned back to Klay.

He laughed and finished off the interview before walking over to me.

"You're doing some great cheering,"he commented. I giggled. "Thank you. My cousin's kind of mad at me though." "Who's your cousin?"Klay questioned. I answered,"Devin Booker." "Oh, really? That guy's amazing." "Runs in our family, I guess,"I commented, dramatically pushing my hair off my shoulder. Klay laughed, playfully shoving me.

"We should hang out after the game,"he said. "Only if you win,"I smirked. "Okay then, I'll win for you,"he decided. "Okay, great." Klay ran away.

The Warriors did end up winning, not like that was a surprise. I did feel bad for Devin though.

After the game, Klay ran up to me and asked,"Ready for a date night with me?" "I have to ask Devin. He told me to wait for him here,"I informed. "Okay, let me go get changed then. I'll be right back,"Klay said before jogging away.

Devin came a bit later and announced,"We're going home now. Come on, let's go." I said,"Wait, Klay wants to go out with me tonight. Can I please go?" "Really Teressa?"he groaned. I nodded.

"Come on Devin. Just let me have freedom in my dating life,"I begged. Devin sighed, making a decision. "Fine, but stay safe." I smiled and nodded. "Thank you,"I thanked, giving him a hug.

Devin walked away as Klay came up to me. "Ready for our date?"he asked. I grinned and nodded. "Yup, let's go."

Klay and I ended up having a great time, getting to know each other. We exchanged numbers and promised to stay in touch, no matter how hard it would be.