You're The Father (Devin Booker) -Teanna-

Hey, this one's for @myrikal ! I hope you like it (:

-Teanna's POV-

I stared down at the three pregnancy tests laying in front of me, in disbelief. They were all positive. I couldn't believe it.

I'm pregnant. Devin Booker, my boyfriend of 3 years, got me pregnant.

I didn't know what to do. I called Devin but immediately hung up. I couldn't do this to him. He just recently got drafted into the NBA. He doesn't have time for this. I can't put all this stress on Devin. He has enough to worry about.

My phone rang. It was Devin calling back. "Hey, what's up Tee? You called me and hung up right away,"Devin said. He sounded concerned.

Devin really cares about me, and I also really care about him. That's why I said the next few words.

"I'm breaking up with you."

The line went silent for a moment. Devin stuttered,"W-W-What? Teanna, please t-tell me you're k-k-kidding." I bit my lip as tears flowed down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry Devin."

And with that, I hung up.

Devin called me numerous times, but I didn't answer the phone. My heart was broken. I just broke up with the man I love, and I'm pregnant. I know Devin wouldn't want to be a father at this stage in his life.

How am I going to be a single mother? I'm not prepared for this, but I have to be.

-3 Years Later-

"Dylan, come back here!"I shouted, chasing after my 2 year old son who was running around in his diaper.

Even at only 2 years old, Dylan resembles his father in every way. But he has no idea that his father is Devin Booker. He doesn't even know enough to know what a father is.

And Devin has no idea that he has a son. I haven't seen him in 3 years. I broke up with him over the phone that day, and haven't talked to him since.

I caught up to Dylan and picked him up. "Ah, I got you now,"I said. "Momma!"he giggled, putting his hands on my face. I kissed his cheek and took him into the room, dressing him to take him to the park.

When I got there, I noticed that there weren't any other kids and their parents there. Usually there would be a few, but today there weren't. Everyone was probably just busy.

I placed Dylan on the ground, and he started waddling up some stairs, to the top of the slide. I quickly chased after him, making sure he didn't fall.

I caught him and put him in my lap before sliding down the slide with him. Dylan laughed and clapped. I smiled and took him to the swings. I placed him in one of the baby swings and gently pushed him.

A guy came over to us and said,"Hey, I was playing basketball in the court over there and I saw that you dropped-"

My heart immediately started racing. Devin Booker was standing in front of me. He stopped talking when he recognized me.

"Teanna?"

"Hi Devin,"I choked out, looking down at Dylan.

"Teanna, you broke up with me and never talked to me after that. Do you know how heartbroken I was? And you never even gave me a reason." "This little boy here is the reason. Devin, meet your son,"I said. Devin's eyes widened. "Son?"he repeated. I nodded,"Yup. You're his father."

Dylan looked up at Devin. "He looks just like me,"Devin whispered. Tears filled my eyes. "Why didn't you tell me? That's the least you could've done,"Devin said.

I asked,"Why? Why would it have mattered?" "What do you mean?"he exclaimed.

I explained,"You're so busy with your NBA life. You wouldn't have wanted to be a part of my son's life." "What do you mean "my son"? He's our son, Teanna."

"Were you there when I gave birth to him? Did you help take care of him? No. I did everything by myself,"I informed. Devin fired back,"Because you never told me you were pregnant! I would've wanted to get involved with him. But you decided not to tell me."

Tears streamed down my face. "I couldn't do that to you, Devin. I loved you. I cared about you. I didn't want you to be in such a stressful situation,"I confessed. Devin had tears in his eyes. "Teanna, I loved you so much. I cared about you more than you could ever imagine. You left me, and it broke my heart. I haven't dated anyone since you broke up with me."

Dylan started crying. I picked him up. "Baby, don't cry,"I cooed, patting his back.

"Can I hold him?"Devin slowly asked. I bit my lip as I handed him over. Devin carefully held him and looked at him. "What's his name?"he questioned. I answered,"Dylan."

Devin smiled a bit. "That's a great name." "I know. I picked it,"I mumbled.

"Teanna, can we please start all over again? I want to be involved with raising Dylan. Please let me be his father,"Devin begged.

I thought about it and then slowly nodded. "Okay, Devin."

"Teanna, will you please be my girlfriend again? I want to take care of you and Dylan. I love you, and I always will." I smiled and nodded. Devin placed a kiss on my lips. Dylan started laughing. Devin planted a kiss on his forehead.

"Can you say daddy?"he asked Dylan. Dylan just stared at Devin.

I laughed,"It'll take some time for him to get used to you." "I don't mind. I'll keep trying no matter how long it takes,"he smiled.

Devin kissed me again. "I love you, Teanna." "I love you too, Devin."

"Now, about his clothes... We need to get him my jersey. And some cool shoes. Like Jordans or something,"Devin started rambling on. I laughed, shaking my head.

"Oh, and we should get him on some basketball teams or something,"he continued. "Dylan can barely walk yet!"I exclaimed. "So? He eventually will,"Devin said, earning laughs from me.

This man will never change. And I don't mind.