Chapter - 1

"I love my life" I said out loud staring out of the window of my cabin. This must be the hundredth time I said this. After all who wouldn't say it? if they were working as the executive manager for the world famous Mendes Event Managing company and even if you are the manager you actually run the company. Events and parties were something which I would call my thing. And I loved doing the managing especially because no one would interrupt or question my idea or plan, not even my boss Shawn, who was rather too lazy to give a damn about anything, was the youngest son of the famous business man Mr. Mendes. His dad wanted him to do at least something and so he appointed him as the head of Mendes Event Managing Company because by this time all three of his brothers had become successful business identities in the new branches that their dad had opened for them to handle.

This branch which dealt with event managing existed before and was headed by someone else, I seriously don't know who it was because both shawn and me had joined this company in the same month. Within a week or something of me joining the company, I found out that my boss wasn't even interested to know what actually is happening cause whenever there was any event he would let me deal with it without putting himself into anything so I started to do stuff by myself without bothering my boss.

Within few months the company started flourishing and we got more events, parties etc to be organised. His dad was first shocked but then he was proud of him. Shawn knew who was behind it so he was also happy and hyped my pay cheque numbers by several digits, more than I could ever dream about.

The office phone started ringing on my table. I answered it, as expected it was Shawn telling that he's gonna send a person to me who'll tell me about the up coming project.

                       *********

For the next event we had to organize business party thrown by some rich business man called Mr.  Payne. So the whole day was done preparing for the party which was just the day after tomorrow. My working hour was almost done and I was about to leave when Shawn called me to his office.

I opened the door (never knock as Shawn had told me not to) Shawn was sitting on his chair behind his desk. He looked kinda serious. For the first time I saw him so serious.

"Oh lottie you're here, my life line, my angel, my saviour"

Okay? I'm sure there is some tough task coming up

"Best of luck Lottie" I whisper to myself

"Did you say something?"

"No... you were saying?"

"Well hun..." He said loosening his tie a bit " as you've been told about the party that's being held the day after, by the Payne's"

"Yea, I was told about it in detail"

"That party is very important..." he looks down at his hands closing his eyes and drawing in a deep breath.

He was hesitating so much. It was frustrating me

"What is it Shawn?"

"This company would most likely be sold!" He said in a breath and looked down again.

"What the heck?" I asked in shock

" well if the party goes on Excellently then there's nothing to worry about, so I wanted to just tell you, just make sure nothing goes wrong"

"has anything ever gone wrong?"

"No, but Just in case" his eyebrows join in worry.

"Okay! Don't worry about it, I'll handle everything." I assure him. Just then it strikes me "I gotta go, bye" I turn back opening the door going out.

"All the best Lottie" he said as I left.

I know he's hiding something. Why would the company ever be sold like that? After all it's so successful. Any way I don't give a crap about what he's hiding I'm just gonna give my best. I went to the parking lot and got into my car which is hardly a month old now. It was seriously shitty to walk to my home with this climate now in London, where you can't tell when it would rain. On the way I pulled up by a bakery and got the berry cake that I had ordered. Its my little sister Alynna's 15th birthday tomorrow. And I've organized a small birthday party for her. Highly doubt whether I would attend it. But I should, else she'd be furious and she's pretty sensitive. I pull the brakes by my house, a place I could finally get for my mum and sister, not too big, not too small. Just perfect for the three of us.

"I'm back!" I yelled out loud to let mum and Alynna know I'm here. I was horrendously hungry, I go straight into the kitchen where I made myself a few sandwiches. Eating it and taking some in a plate and went up to Alynna's room. But she wasn't there. I went down to mum's room she was there lying down on her bed as usual I asked her for Alynna and if she had dinner. She told me that after having dinner with her she left with her friends. I was relieved for now I can sleep. I went to bed setting an alarm to get up to wish Alynna

Within few seconds I drifted away.