Chapter - 43

Science is such a complex thing...

We're in Harry's place... In the top floor the same place where Palak did the super computer installing.

After long discussion that we had this morning about the device's security. We came to the conclusion that the best place will be here as Palak agreed to make security arrangements herself.

Palak, Liam and Niall is gone to get some hardware materials for her work. Louis is off outside to arrange transportation for the device. It has to be done secretively too.

Me, Harry and Zayn are fixing some machines and stuff according to Palak's instruction.

We're been working for hours in silence. It's evening already.

"Lottie you're going tomorrow and I cant believe we're doin this." Zayn sounded sad.

Of course this is actually so bad the time I should be spending with everyone, I'm spending with these lifeless things working on it, breaking my head.

"Guys I'm still wondering how are they getting all these information?" I said changing the topic.

"Hmm... Even I don't understand this... We don't share about to anyone like let's name who all knows... You, me, Harry, Liam, Louis, Niall, Palak... That's it!" Zayn said thinking hard.

"Well yeah Shawn also knows but he's too busy with himself to even think so hard and do all this... So Are we forgetting anyone else who knows... What about Gigi and Eleanor?" I asked

"No they don't know anything... We didn't tell them about it coz we don't wanna put them in all this."

"Hmm... So none who's listed can be doubted coz they're completely trustworthy!" I said still trying to think if we're missing someone.

"Liam's dad, Harry's dad, Edward Beiber and the fifth are the only.... Wait Harry Jeni knows about it right?" Zayn asked in a suspecting tone.

"What the heck are you speaking Zayn? She's my fucking girl friend! She'd never do all this... " Harry flared up.

"Chill bro! I just said it, I didn't tell that she is the one betraying or something!" Zayn said defending himself.

"I don't what's the problem you guys have with Jenifer" he kept the spanner in the table with a tud.
"calm it  Harry! What’s wrong with you.. why getting so hyper?
“sorry…” Harry was facing down. “ I don’t like it when anyone doubts on her or something…”
“I understand Lou… she’s your girlfriend! You should feel offended if any stupid like me speaks anything wrong about her” Zayn patted Harry’s back and got back to the work he was doing
How can Zayn always be so calm… I’ve never ever seen him angry… you know like out of control.
After few minutes Harry resumed his work.
I don’t understand what is Harry trying to do.
He says Jeni is his girlfriend and defends her… but he never tells it to Palak… I don’t like the feeling of even thinking of him breaking her heart.
Louis came back in.
“how’s the progress Lads?” he sat on a couch nearby.
“good and fast until now…” Zayn answered
“okay now we’ve gotta issue” Louis said
Like we didn’t have any before.
“Now what?” I asked slightly annoyed by all the issues.
“We need someone to drive the delivery truck here… We can’t take the risk of letting any random driver to transport the device here.”
“Why don’t anyone one of you drive it?” I asked
“I thought of it first… Liam and Niall are out… if Zayn or Harry goes it will gain the attention..” Louis answered coolly
“Why don’t you do it then?” I suggested
“Uhmm… Lottie that would be the worst idea” Zayn giggled as Harry joined him
I gave them a questioning look.
“Lottie didn’t you ever notice, whenever we go out anywhere does Louis ever drive? No right? That’s because Louis is the world’s most careless driver…” they again started to laugh.
“Not so funny Lads” Louis looked red with embarrassment. Which made me also join them laughing
“Shut the fook up guys!” Louis said which sounded more like a plea
“ yeah so who’s gonna drive” Zayn asked bringing us back to the main topic
“I’ve got an idea! What about Shawn? He can do it! I don’t think he has any important work now” I beamed up at the idea.
Everyone agreed with the idea.
I called up Shawn and asked him if he could do it.
He readily agreed but he wanted me to join  him… I accepted that I’ll join him and we decided to meet in an hour.
I quickly finished the little fixing work that I had.
I drove to the enterprise…
Shawn was already there waiting for me by the Parking lot.
He was looking weird… after so many days there’s such a sunny day in London and he’s wearing black skinny jean with high neck t-shirt and a thick black leather jacket… what added to the weird look was the huge black goggles he was wearing.
I got outta my car and went towards him
“any reason behind this so suitable dressing in such a sunny day?” I asked in sarcasm
“My dearest mom! Yesterday I had a slight fever so she’s made me dress this even in such a sunny day… to her I'm still a two year old… which is so embarrassing at times” he pouted
“how are we gonna get that huge device here?” he asked
“Wait… how do you know the device is huge?” I asked
“Well I accept I’ve not got the most intelligent brains like you but even a dumbo can guess that the device should be huge that its so important” he shrugged

“come I’ll show you how…” we both went up to 29th floor.

I lead him to the place where the device was. I took out the key that I had and put it into the keyhole in the device.
“umm..Lottie what happened here? Mind telling me?” he asked looking around at the floor, which is destroyed.
I told him the whole incident as I was verifying myself to the new security that Palak had made before moving the device out.
“Bt what happened that those people could’nt take it away?” he asked to that I explained the radioactive metal and its theory.
The security system had verified that it was me.
The device instantly became movable.
We both pulled it through to the elevator.
We didn’t struggle a lot. It wasn’t so heavy.
Shawn pulled in the truck in front of enterprise’s back gate.
He came back and we continued pulling it to the gate carefully, that we would not to break anything around because of its length and breadth and height.
We struggled a bit pushing it up the ramp in the truck.
“phew! Finally done!” Shawn breathed out aloud.
Oh no! I left my phone on the 29th floor!
“Shall we go?” Shawn asked
“I forgot my phone up there…. I’ll be back in a minute” I said and rushed back in.
As soon as the elevator stopped, I started searching for my phone all over.
Finally found it by device chamber. Maybe it just slipped out while getting the device out.
Suddenly I heard truck engine’s sound.
What? Shawn is taking it? But I asked him to wait.
I rushed back to elevator. I was getting so restless as the elevator went down slowly floor by floor.
As soon as I reached the back gate I was taken aback by shock.
Shawn was fallen on the floor, he was bleeding.
I rushed to him.
“Shawn what happened? Where is the truck? who did this to you?”
“I don’t know few guys came here… hit me brutally… and… and they took the truck with device in it”

The last sentence was like a heavy stone put on me.

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN?

AFTER ALL THE HARDWORK… AFTER EVERYTHING WE DID

THE DEVICE IS TAKEN!!!

WOAH! Finally the dark day is here!
The device is taken
What are your thoughts… will they be able to get it back? Or will the person behind all this win and access into the device?

LOTS OF LOVE
NANCY!