Chapter - 44

"Shawn! Hold on.. Just stay we're gonna get you to the doctor!"I said as he was loosing his conscious.

I helped him up from the ground. And made him sit on the bench nearby. He was so much damaged!

His blood was all over my shoulder as I lifted him and so was my hand. His head was brutally hit! He had a cut near his neck. His mouth was bruised and bleeding too.

I told Shawn that I'll get the car then ran to the parking lot.

I can't believe this just happened. More than the fact that device is gone.. The thought of telling Liam about it makes my heart sink.

I got into car and drove out in rush.

But when I reached the spot where I left Shawn. But where on earth did he go! He's not there!

I'm sure that Shawn wasn't in the condition to move by himself! Does that mean... He's kidnapped or something?

No! I can't do this! I dragged him into this... He wasn't even connected to all this.

I stood by the bench where I left Shawn in shock not sure what to do next.

My phones ringing.

I pick up without seeing who it is.

"Lottie where are you guys.. How long is it taking you?" I heard Liam on the other side.

I don't know how to tell him. But I have to tell him. I know have to.

"Liam they're gone" was all that I could say.

"They? Who? What are you talking about?" He asked not really understanding what I meant.

"The device and Shawn... Is.. g-gone. I-I'm sorry. Its b-because of m-me" I stammered as I accepted the mistake I did.

He hung the call immediately.

Is he mad at me?

Of course he should be. Its all my fault I shouldn't have taken so long to take my phone. In fact I should've not dropped my phone the first thing. And how foolish am I to leave Shawn alone is such state.

I sloped down the bench where Shawn.

What am I gonna do? I've got my tickets for tomorrow evening. I can't avoid that and out Liam's dad's life in danger! And at the same time I need to be here and help Liam to get the device back.

Wait... Oh no! I'm such a stupid! I unlocked the device. Does that mean that they can use it now?

No... No... No... That can't happen! That shouldn't happen!

"Lottie?" I heard I voice from a little distance.

I looked up to see Zayn standing a little far from where I was.

I ran and hugged zayn. He hugged me back. Constantly whispering 'its okay' and 'we'll figure something out' in my ear.

After few moment of staying in Zayns warmth I let go of him.

"Lottie are you okay?" He asked. I simply nod

His phone rings.

He picks up and listens to the person the other side.

"What? Where?" He asked in a shocked tone.

"Okay we'll be there" he cut the call. And turns to look at me.

"It was Liam... They found Shawn.. We need to leave immediately." He says I follow him to his car.

I just hope Shawn is fine. Where did they find him? Wait is he even alive? His head was so much hurt I wonder what else they did to him after taking him.