Chapter - 47

"Palak its alright" I kept my hand on her shoulder.

"It's not okay! I love him! And I thought he loved me too... Why did he have to play with me? Why didn't he tell me that he didn't love me?" she looked at me.

She looked so bad and her face was a complete mess. Her eyeliner horrendously spread, eye's swollen.

I hate that my dear friend has come to this state.

"But you knew that he has a girlfriend and I did warn you about it long ago!" I told trying my best to sound consoling coz I don't know how to.

"Yeah I was a fool... no I am a fool and I don't have any reason to live!" She shouted

Before I could figure out what's happening she already had jumped out of the window.

I ran to the window and looked down to see Palak's blooded dead body lying on the floor.

I ran down tripping through the steps.

I couldn't believe I'm seeing this.

I moved towards her against my own will.

She was just a vegetable on the floor. No movement, no life.

As I sat down beside her I saw that she had some kind of a paper inside her fist.

I carefully pulled it out and opened it.

It read 'Lottie... What makes me more disappointed is that even you didn't believe me."

I gasped it was too much of a shock to me.

This can't be true! This shouldn't be true.

I was screaming at the top of my voice as I felt someone shake me harshly.

"Lottie!" I opened my eyes to see Alynna.

"Thank god!" I sighed getting up.

"Are you okay? I heard you screaming" Alynna asked looking so concerned.

"I'm.. I'm.. Wait did Palak come home?" I asked getting on to my feet quickly.

"No she didn't... But-"

"I'll be back in sometime." I ran out of the house without even thinking about what I'm wearing.

Its 3:00am.

I took my car to Harry's place.

Literally ran outta the car and starting banging the door like a maniac.

Harry came and opened the door.

"Lottie?" He looked so shocked.

"Who is it babe?" I heard Jeni's voice from behind him.

I way too shocked looking at Jeni who was hardly wearing anything.

She turned back and went in as soon as she saw me.

Before even I could ask anything I knew the answer.

I knew that Palak wouldn't be here.

Like why would she even be when these both idiots are making out.

"What happened Lottie?" He asked. His voice was deep and huskier for sure because of what he's been up to

"Nothing just that I came here to check if Palak was here... But I know that she wouldn't be here.. I'm sorry for disturbing" I asked apology.

"I'm here.." I heard Palak's voice from top. I looked up, she was lookin down from the first floor's window.

I couldn't see her face but her voice clearly reflected her depression.

I looked back at Harry, his face was filled with regret which gave me the idea that Harry really had no clue that she was here.

I pushed past Harry and got in.

"Lottie-"

I raised my hand stopping him from following me.

"You've hurt my friend enough. She's my bestie and I can't see her any more-"

"Honey are coming?" I heard Jeni call out lustfully from inside.

"See... I guess you've got some important work to be continued... So please leave her alone." I went up before he could say anything else.

The door was already open for me so I didn't have to enter any code, well I don't remember it.

The whole room was in darkness except for the screen of the SComp. And a laptop.

"Palak where are you?" I asked as I couldn't see her anywhere.

"I'm here." Her voice came from the balcony. I went to her.

She was sitting on the floor with paper all over. I tried to see what exactly was written on the papers. It was just Mathematics and other variations. She herself was busily doin something on a paper.

"Why didn't you come home?" I asked. The dumbest way to start a conversation.

"Home? Well yeah I will be going home as soon as I'm done with solving all this." Her voice was plain.

"What? You're going back?" I was shocked by what she said. She's never this serious.

"You heard me. I'm gonna get this done just because I hate leaving anything that I started in between without finishing" no emotions, except pain flashed through her eyes.

"Palak you can't leave not now. I need you to be here, they need you-"

"You know what hurts me the most is that out of everyone you didn't believe me! So what's the use to stay here? when no one trusts me" a tear slid down her eye. Exactly like my dream.

"Palak... I'm sorry I know I should've supported you but I was just too stressed that time... I'm sorry!" I apologized.

"Just forget it Lottie... I just... Just wanna be alone for a while" She looked back at the paper.

"Okay." I said and decided to leave. Its the best thing to do now.

"By the way the exact take off time is at 7pm" I said as I moved out of the room hoping that she'd come.

As soon as I was down the stairs, Harry came rushing to me.

"Oh I thought that you'll be busy-"

"Please Lottie" Harry said stopping me. Then continued "Is she alright?" His voice was low and full of concern.

I don't get this.

"Why do you wanna know? Please Harry stop these games. One moment you tell that you love Jeni and another you are so concerned about Palak. Please at least let yourself know what you actually want, then it would stop hurting people." I didn't let him speak anything and walked out.

I got into my car.

I'm so stressed! There's something that I'm missing. What could it be?

I put my head on the steering and started replaying everything that happened in my head.

Hold on. Palak said that anyone who'd get struck by the rays will have major burns.

Shawn... He was completely covered... Burns aren't supposed to be exposed to the sun... In the hospital I did notice some marks..

Could it be that Shawn...

No why would he do all this.. I'm thinking to much. He's way to lazy to do so much.

There is so much of mess. This is way too much than I can take.

I slowly took my car out of Harry's place.

As I drove by Mendes Mansion I saw Camila with her boyfriend standing out. I guess he was leaving or something.

Wait Shawn said that Camila is in NYC in a very serious state.

Why did he lie?