Chapter - 12

Its okay Lottie act as if nothing happened, I said to myself staring at the files and schedules I had to give Liam.

Finally I went over and remembered I'm supposed to knock. So I knocked. Liam asked me to come in.

"Mr. Payne these are the contract files that your gonna deal today. And your schedule." I said trying to sound professional.

He was just staring at me. "Anything else sir?"

He noded 'no' after a few seconds. I went back to my cabin and continued working.

*************

Its now been four to five days since the awkward gesture that we made towards each other.

We rarely exchanged few words I sent him mails most of the time instead of goin directly and speaking and he did the same thing.

Our company was going in huge loss from passed two days becoz of few invalid rumors spread around.

Today we had a meeting in a resort nearby regarding the same matter. we went over there.

The meeting was a kinda rough today. The shares were going down.

"Does anyone know what is happenin in Payne enterprises?" Liam asked angrily. All the in charge of various branches of Payne's enterprises were present.

No one answered his question so Liam decides to answer "our shares are going in loss world wide! And anyone knows why?" Still everyone is dumb

"its because someone has intentionally leaked few rumors about the company to an outsider who happened to be in the media. I'm making all my best efforts to find out who it and the day I come to know whoever it is... Is gonna have a bad time." He threatened and I could see most of them gulp in.

After the meeting was done. Both me and Liam were going out, making our way out through pool side.

As I was walking. A blonde swine came out of the pool and water was all over me.

"What the fuck! Did you leave your brain at home?" I blasted out!

"Oh my! beautiful girl with a wild heart... Where are you goin your just a little wet now come along I can get you completely wet" the blonde boy said coming near me. I knew exactly what he was talking about. Asshole!

"Mind your stupi-" Liam pulled me behind him.

"Beiber you know what? Doesn't mean that if this resort is yours all the girls who comes here are yours!" Liam said completely angry.
​​​​​​
He pulled me out of the resort and stopped in front of the car.

He said nothing... His face was red with anger. I know again I used a swear word but it was inevitable and he deserved it.

Even during the drive back he didn't speak a word.

I was sorting tomorrow's meeting's documents just then I got a call on the office landline.

"Payne's how can I help you?"

"Lottie its me Alynna"

"Alynna! what happened is everything alright? And why didn't you call my phone?"

"Call in ur phone? Ya if you pick up I will" she said sarcastically.

"Well I called up because I wanted you to do something. Tomorrow is Lanna's birthday and I wanted her to stay home in night and celebrate in the midnight and finally her parents agreed. So I want to give her a surprise so now I'm gonna text you the stuffs buy them okay?"

"O-okay f-fine I'll try" I said, right now I didn't have money I've used all the savings for paying this months bills tomorrow I'm gonna get my paycheck

"What do you mean by I'll try, can't you do such a small thing? " she asked sounding a bit annoyed

"Okay I will get it"

"Come home early okay?"

"Okay." I hung up.

Oh god what should I do I can't trust tomorrow's salary I don't know how many faults he found in me and how much did he cut. I had only one way.

I got up and went to Liam's office.

"Sir can I leave now I've got a urgent work and I'll work extra-"

"You can go Ms. Morganston" he said plainly before I even completed my sentence.

I drove to the car work shop where I usually go... A mechanic there had said he'd like buying my car but I wasn't selling it before but now I am.

If i sell my car then I would be able to buy the stuffs coz that she what asked for was kinda very costly stuffs.

The car luckily got sold but I got only 50 percent of the money coz the one who bought wanted to verify some stuffs so I'll get the rest tomorrow. I walked up to store....

I could buy everything except one things one was the Parker watch. I guess she'd be okay with it I guess.

I walked to home. It took long but I reached home somehow.
​​​​​​
I showed the stuffs to Alynna. She looked satisfied. But then.

"Lottie where is the watch?"

"I'm sorry I couldn't-" some one knocked at the door.

I went over to see. It was a man from the watch shop. He gave me a cover. I looked in to see what it was. I was the same watch. I looked up the man was gone.

​​​​​​I took the watch and gave it to Alynna thought I'll pay the man afterwards. she was happy....

I went into the kitchen to Cook.
​​​​​​
As I was finishing I felt like I heard Liam's voice. I rushed out.

Liam was sitting in the living room with Alynna and Lanna.

"What are you doin here?" I asked Liam looked at me.

"Oh, Hey Lottie! this is my brother Liam" Lanna said

"And Liam this is my sister Lottie" Alynna said to Liam.

WHAT? LANNA IS LIAMS SISTER?