Chapter - 9

There was complete silence on the way up 28th floor.

We moved swiftly into the office where both Mr. Payne and Liam were standing and discussing something. Mr. Payne saw us.

"Oh here they are what took you both so long?" Liam turned around to look at me as Mr. Payne continued "Now please take your seat... Your assistant is also here" Liam looked puzzled

"But I think you'll need Ms. Wite with you for the new blocks work so why her?" He asked

"Ofcorse I need Ms. Wite, and who said I'm gonna make her your... Anyway meet Ms. Lottie Morganston she's gonna be your assistant, she is a complete genius she almost handled the whole Mendes company by herself and had bought it to the glory that it had reached. I'm sure she's never gonna disappoint you... Right Ms. Morganston?"

"Right Mr. Payne" I said. Liam's was looking as terrified as i was when I first heard that I had to work with him. By his facial expression I was sure he's gonna protest.

"Nice to meet u Ms. Morganston..." Was all he said... No protest... No question... Nothing.

"Okay then I'll leave. I've to get prepared for my flight tonight and Ms. Wite even you can leave, you gotta get prepared too. So continue with your works... all the best son, all the best Ms. Morganston" he went out

Just then Ms. Wite called me out.

We went to her cabin.. Which is now my cabin.

She gave me a access card. "I've authorized it with your name in the enterprise. there's in only few authorities who have this including you and liam. So when you know any emergency you can use this to open into anywhere in the company. She let out a huge sigh "I know its too much of responsibilities but I know you'll do well.. Keep in contact. And now go and let Liam know today's schedule.. Go ahead"

after so far what has happened today I know that I'm in a huge trouble.

I went in the office again

"Liam please pay attention to your schedule for the today" I managed to say it very official. He just turned and gave a stern look.

"What?" I asked as he still continued to stare with fury

He came towards me, kinda very close his eyes brows furrowed and it was clear that he was angry but what did I do now?

"Just tell me the truth why are you here" he asked his voice low and angry

"What do you mean by why am I here? I'm here because of my job"

"No I want the truth, what is the reason? you would never agree to work with me so what's your plan? Is there any revenge in that dirty mind?"

"C'mon​​​ Liam what are we 5 years old to plan revenge... And you're right I would've never agreed working with you. it's just my own freaking mistake that I didn't read it!" I breathed in harshly "anyway you've gotta a lot of stuffs to be done"

"No tell me what?" He insisted coming closer

"Liam I'm completely free so can we have this conversation later.... Cause you've got your first meeting with all the sector in charges" I took a step back as we were too close, it somehow felt weird.

he's my boss and I hate him.

And I continued "and its in 45min......" I looked at the watch "so are you ready?" I looked up he was already in his seat and eyes locked into the computer.

"Is there anything else to be done" cause I was just standing there...

I've never been so polite... I had to be, this job was important not just because of the contract but also what Ms. Wite said and I had to cooperate him.

"Nothing, you can go and please leave copy of today's schedule here as soon as possible" I already had a copy in the cabin so I kept the copy that I had in my hands and left. I guess he also is cooperating to be professionals

After some time I got a call on the landline. I saw it was Mr. Payne and now that's Liam.

"Yes?"

"Come to my office"

He hung up. I went in my cabin was just adjacent.

"Yes tell me Liam... "

"Yeah... I just wanted to ask, is everything ready for the meeting? so can we move?"

"What did you see the time? There's more 20minutes left and by the way meeting is the office genius!" I said

"I know but I love to be earlier than anybody comes  it builds in confidence"

"Are you trying to tell that your nervous" I chuckled

Opps!! Bad move. He was again angry....he stormed towards me, But then changed his direction towards the door.

"If you wanna come, then come or be as late as you want" he said walking out

"Okay I'm coming..." I joined him going to the meeting room.

****************

The meeting went smoothly. Liam wasn't bad in fact his ideas were good, I wonder why Ms. Wite said he lacks experience...

But the way he presented himself was like he's been doin this for all his life. He was kinda strict somehow, he put in various new rules and regulations.

It wasn't as bad as I imagined.

I drove back home when I stopped the car just then I felt something in my pocket. I took out the key.

it was the same one which Ms. Wite gave me.

I wonder what would it be that its such a top secret? And why does she trust me? Does Liam know anything about this? Is keeping this key dangerous? What will happen if anyone knows that its with me?

These questions started to hurt my head. And I put my head on the steering wheel.

Just then I heard someone call my name. It wasn't from far. It was beside me, again I heard, the voice was husky.

I heard a knock on the window and again my name I looked up to see the last person I wanted to see today

​​​​​​​HARRY STYLES!