Chapter - 2

Sunlight hitting my face woke me up. Okay I'm not too late, I thought to myself looking at my phone.

Alynna was back by 12:00am, I went up to her room wished her then we both went to mom's room and cut the cake she was happy, she liked her presents after doing the ritualistic prayer that mum makes sure we do on birthdays, we went to sleep.

Today I should make sure I'm back by 5:00pm, the party would start by then. I reached office a little late (I'm never punctual and I own it.) I quickly got to work, confirming catering services, decorators etc. I was cross checking  everything mant times especially with what Shawn told me yesterday, I don't bother much about the company but now it was a challenge to me and I don't loose.

Evening came faster than I expected. I had to go check if preparation was on scedule in the venue as I never went to the venue till now. But I was also getting late to go home too. i hope Alynna understands I thought to myself. Quickly I got into the car and drove to the venue.

After reaching I looked around.

What the hell! Nothing is done properly by the decorators I called up the in charge and asked him to meet me. Within a couple of minutes I saw him walking to the entrance, I went out to meet him.

"Uh... Is everything  okay Ms. Morganston? why did you call me so urgently?" He asked nervously

Anger was stirring inside of me. How on earth is he acting so innocent as if he didn't know anything?

"what happened?! The question why nothing is happened? Where is the decoration? where are the lights? What are you doing dullhead?!" I spat out the words

"But ma'am we did everything and just before sometime I came here personally and checked on everything when you called earlier this evening." He answered

I walking in to the hall and he followed me without a word.

"What do you think happened then?" I asked pointing at the bare room with tables

"One moment ma'am, I'll inquire"

He went out making a call. I see a man standing outside in the corner by the fountain who i suppose was listening to our conversation with keen interest. He was too well dressed to be a worker but I didn't bother. I walked out of the room.

"Blue lights were rejected? And yellow ones were asked to be bought?" The in charge asked to one of the man who was working on the lights. the worker nodes in response.

"And who told you to do so?" I interrupted.

"I asked them to change the color" I heard someone say from behind me. I turned to see who it is, it was the same person who was watching us previously.

"And with what authority did you do all this? Wait first of all I should ask you what sense do you have, to even think of that color? Its not a girl's 10th birthday party to use yellow hun!" I said with a little sass in my tone

"Well for second question I would say that this isn't just another business party, this is more than that and Mr. Payne, who is throwing this party hates blue and prefers yellow. Sad that you didn't know that Darling" he said answering my question and to my sass

"Who the fuck are you" I said in a complete annoyed tone

"Well I'm Liam Payne the only son of Jonathan Payne on whose order you are working. And it is my responsibility to make sure my dad's party goes well so I just checked and found a mistake so I corrected it. I don't think I have to give any other explanation more than this so go on with your work, you've got less time." He turned away then again turned around

"And by the way Miss try to use less swear words" he said before walking away

How dare that asshole speak to me like that?!

I just try to forget him and concentrated here, there was so much to be done. Up in arms we started working and pretty much everything was done and it looked brilliant but I was not still sure about the yellow.

I thanked everyone for the cooperation and got into my car and start the engine. Holy Crap! I forgot About the party! its already 9:40pm! to reach back it would at least take an hour, and of course traffic!

I unlock the door and get out of the car, it was almost 12pm

I walk into my house. Mum was in the living room siting on her with her headphones on. She opens her eyes and her lips curl up into a faint smile as she sees me, she can now sit with support and talk to some extend  which is a great improvement after the complete paralysis that left her motionless after an accident several years ago.

Alynna was on lying down on the couch. She looked tired, I guess the party went well and she enjoyed or so I heard also hope she didn't bother I wasn't there.

"I'm home" I said loudly though I knew that they knew I was here. I went over to Alynna who was laying down with her arms crossed over her eyes. I took her arms away

"Happy Birthday once again my little angel. Seems like you've enjoyed the party!"

Then I was taken by shock looking at her face. She was crying!