Chapter - 59

"Oh! Honey who did this to you?" Adele's face was filled with concern.

I highly doubt if it was real.

"Enough of this! You don't have to... Have to show this fake drama" I said my voice as if I was about to cry.

It really hurts to think about how nice she was to me, How much of my feelings I've shared with her, how much she consoled me....

But now I know. It was all fake!

"No. Drama? What are you speaking?" She asked her voice was the same sweet one.

"Ya know Dr. Adele Adkins is a kind of person who loves to do some extra part time work. So during that she makes a lot of friends. Seems like you are one if them." Mr. Mendes addressed her.

"Oh yeah so she became close to me to get information for you too?" I rolled my eye. But I'm hurting inside.

"No. Never he doesn't even know that I know you. My personal and professional life is completely apart. Honey I was genuinely concerned about you." Adele explained.

"So why are you doin this Adele? You know this is wrong, don't you?"

"Sorry love, I said to you my personal and professional lives are separate. So if I make a deal I complete it."

I'm damn shocked. For her a stupid deal means more than the life of the while human kind?

Mr. Mendes giggled.

"You know Lottie I'm far more sharper than you so I've appointed people who'll back out at nothing for this." He's such a jerk!

"No please-"

"Shhhh...." He cuts me off.

I pulled and pulled trying to get off the rope. But it was tied way too tight. My hands hurt trying already.

This is so not happening! Someone help. I was shouting internally.

"Okay its time" Adele informed.

She stepped forward and started working into the machine.

"Adele don't!" I shouted.

It was of no use.

I could see someone standing by the mouth of the volcano.

It someone familiar I strained to get a clearer view.

Why doesn't the guy standing look like Zayn?

No it isn't... I put him safely there.

But the blonde streak...

"Stop it there Adele!" I heard the guy say.

Oh My God! It is Zayn!

But how?!?!

"Zayn get outta there" I shouted out to him.

There was some kinda test tube kind if thing in his hand.

"Look Mendes. If you don't stop I'm gonna out this acid inside the volcano. Ask about this nitric acid to your scientists there if you want. I put it in and the volcano will erupt immediately." Zayn threatened.

"Shit Zayn moved away." He was on the corner of the mouth.

I heard a bullet pass from beside me. From a gun behind me.

Zayn jerked a bit.

His blue shirt was staining up with crimson red.

The bullet had hit his ribs probably.

"No Zayn" I screamed my voice was  croaky.

"Good job Lopes" he appreciated Jeni who was behind me.

"Zayn. No! No!" I shouted nonstop as he stumbled through the edge uncontrollably.

"Help him into it" Mendes asked the  guards

"No! Please Mr. Mendes don't do this. Please" I requested. But he didn't give heed to my voice.

The guards went up to him who was trying to balance and keep his stand as I continued to beg for mercy.

They did it.

They pushed him in.

This. This is not right!

Zayn... Someone who always was by my side when I needed him, a guy who was like an elder bro to me, a guy who was my close friend was pushed to death in front of me.

And all I did was sit here and watch!

No. I'm not letting this happen!

Never. Ever.

They are gonna pay for this.

I felt my hands loosen.

I turned around to see Camila standing behind me.

I was shocked. She. Helped. Me?

She gave me and approving nod.

The device was activated.

I felt a little weak immediately was it started emitting rays.

I just remembered what palak told.

"Look Lottie the device will weaken you as soon as it is activated but think of something in your life anything which will help you to have determination and just this k about what you have to do and do it before you loose yourself because of the rays." Was what she said.

Okay something.

I know.

I thought on my head every single moment I spent with Liam, every fight, every kiss.

It was helping. I was moving.

I managed somehow to reach the device.

No one luckily noticed me because everyone had backed off for their safety.

I looked for the engine.

Finally found a very mechanism which looked like how the engine he was expressed to me.

I pulled the laser weapon.

This is it.

I struck the engine hard.

Shit!

It bursted before I could realize it blew me up and the next moment I was far away.... I guess on the shore.

I heard the voice of blast from several volcano's.

The eruption has begun.

I was lying on the ground. Ever single inch of me hurting of the blast the device had and the distance it put me.

Blood had pooled up.

It was the end.

Not of anyone.

Just of me.

I don't have any regrets. No sadness either.

My life I've always longed for perfection.

I got it the opportunity of being able to live with Liam.

Liam was the one.

I closed my eyes, knowing that I'm gonna rest in peace.

Liam was the perfection that my life needed.

What more do I need?

Isn't this perfection enough.

I smiled to myself.