Chapter - 42

"What the hell!?!? How did it happen? Where on earth were the guards?" I heard Liam shouting. I got up in shock.

"What do u mean by sorry!?! And for ur kind info! You aren't forgiven I guess someone must really take up your place...." He was so angry, what in the world happened? He was sitting at the edge of the bed, maybe trying not to disturb my sleep.

He was listening restlessly to the person on the other side.

"Okay now shut up and listen to me.... Declare a holiday for the whole enterprise... Make sure no one stays back. Then wait for us we'll be there as soon as possible!" He hung up and turned to me.

"I'm sorry-"

"Liam... Tell me what happened?" I asked stopping him from asking apology

"Last night someone broke into 29th!! And the whole floor is trashed! Someone tried to take the The device, some people even saw a chopper landing on top of our building... They almost took the goddamn device away!" He looked angry but terrified as well.

"Liam no one can take the device like that without the key right?" I asked.

"Yeah that's right but those were really clever chap who tried to take the device by drilling out the ground around the device then lifted it with the help of the chopper! But the device started to malfunction so its still there but not in a good condition!" He finished and took in a deep breath.

"Wait there is something fishy going on here... Justin told that his dad thinks that the device is destroyed so his dad is clearly not behind this.... Then it should be the fourth member but how does that fourth guy whoever it is know about the 29th floor and if he came to know why didn't he tell Justin's dad about coz they seem to be close enough as they're protecting each other!" I stopped and looked at Liam who had his head buried into his hands

"I don't know.... I don't Lottie why is all this happening! How can anyone do all this to us!" He mumbled.

I dragged myself to the edge of the bed where he was sitting.

I put my hand on his back and massaged his shoulders slowly trying to calm him down.

"Calm it Liam... We need to think and break through all this..." I said it in a low voice.

"Yeah you're right." He sat up straight.

"Lottie call Palak and tell her about the situation and ask her to come to the enterprise as soon as possible!! I'll go get changed by then" he got up and went towards the closet.

I called Palak. She picked up in first two rings itself.

"Hey Lottie I'm already on the way to the enterprise... Reach as fast as you can.." She said as soon as she picked up

"I know that you would've found out about it before anyone else... But just listen up to me carefully... I'm gonna use the mailing app that you programmed and I'm gonna mail you read it and plz do just as its written!" I told her

"Yeah but why don't you tell me now... I guess telling directly will be better." She suggested.

"Things are lot more serious than it seems to be... Anyway we'll be there in sometime... See you there." I hung up.

We've gotta be a lot more careful than before.

I quickly got ready and got into the car as Liam was waiting for me.

He drove the car very fast.

On the way I quickly mailed Palak

We both ran in as soon as we reached. The whole building was deserted as Liam declared a holiday.