Chapter - 48

I stopped my car and walked towards them.

There was a huge smile on Camila's face as soon as she saw me.

"Hey Lottie! What a pleasant surprise... Its been so long since the last time I saw you. But how come out so late?" She asked as I approach

"Umm... Just was driving around couldn't sleep." I shrugged

"What were you saying Camila, Lottie is still the same weird person" he commented.

"Off course I'm the same. Why will I change?" I flashed a smile at him.

"Uh.. Camila are you alright? I heard that you fell sick recently." I asked

"I'm completely fine. I didn't fall sick at all in fact this month I've been healthy!" She answered. Her boyfriend also nodded in agreement.

"Is your dad in town" I asked I've got no clue why did I ask that.

"Yeah he was... He left today urgently because of some device thing... I don't know something..." She answered in confused as she didn't have Much knowledge about it.

My world almost went upside down as I heard what she said.

"O-okay... I-I need g-go" I stammered and turned and rushed to my car and started driving back to Harry's place.

The fourth person is none else but Mr. Mendes. Shawn has been with us all this while he's the traitor. But this is so not fair he can't just do this to us.

I rushed into Harry's home once again.

Harry was still on the couch upset. As Jeni was beside him doin some nasty things to him though he isn't interested.

I cleared my throat to let them know that I'm here.

She flinched away instantly.

"Get dressed the both of you and come up" I told them and went up.

"Palak?" I called, almost shouted.

"Don't you understand the meaning of leave. Me. Alone.?" She was so irritated.

"Palak I know who's the fourth person." I declared

"The Mendes." She answered switching on the light.

I'm surprised. How does she know?

"How'd you-"

"I saw him in the hospital... He had burns on him. I had asked the doctor to test the burns without his knowledge and tell me. He just confirmed that its caused due to rays explosion." She went and picked up all the papers that were scattered on the floor.

"Yeah even I noticed it.. I Just came to know about it through Camila. Remember Shawn said she was serious? Well she's absolutely fine and she told me that Shawn's dad is out because of some device work-"

"Which is our device." Palak completed.

"Yeah but how do you know that now?" I asked amazed at her knowledge.

"As soon as I put the blueprint into the drawer that time I got an idea of tracking the device through the mode of transportation its been taken." She was swiftly typing on the laptop.

"It can only be roadways coz as the device is chemically active air and water wouldn't be safe. Even if it's packed in the tightest way" I answered.

"Absolutely right kitty!" She exclaimed but then returned to her cold expression.

I know she can't stay angry with me for a long time.

"Yeah so I set a duplicate alert at every toll gate and traffic bloc so the cops logged into their system and I hacked in. Checking the vehicles I found a white troller van which was registered in the name of the Mendes which got my doubt clear. Anyway I'm tracking on where the its going so we do know where it is." She completed

"So what are we waiting for let's go!" I said in excitement.

"Where?" Harry said getting in.

"We can't just do that. We know nothing about whatever their plan is wait.. Lottie do you have the key with you?" She asked.

Shoot! I left it at home.

As I was about to open my mouth she stopped me saying "Lottie just go and get it" she suggested

"Okay whatever it is.. Jeni go with Lottie I'll help out Palak here." Harry said.

I guess he wants to talk to her.

"I don't need anybody's help and I guess I never called you up here. Why are you here?" She once again reflected pain through her voice.

"I guess we don't have time to waste now let's get moving" he completely seem to avoid her question.

"Okay we'll let you know as soon as we get the key." I told and went down with Jeni who followed without another word.

We drove in silence but my head was screaming.

I hate this how many times should I tell Alynna to keep the lights on?

I got in and asked Jeni to follow in silence, we don't wanna disturb mum.
I reached my room and switched the lights on.

Directly went over to my bed and picked up the pillows coz I kept it under it.

"Where did it go now?" I'm getting irritated but I'm more terrified. Did I loose it?

"Can i help?" Jeni offered

I told her to look into the my cupboard.

Suddenly the door was closed. What's wrong with Jeni? She should be the one because none else was here

I turned to see why did Jeni do that.

But I was shocked to see that Alynna stood there leaning on the closed door.

She had the key in her hand.

Not only the key but also a gun!

What the hell!!!!!