Chapter - 58

"Lottie what the hell? Have you lost it?" I heard Harry scream as I turned around.

"We deserve an answer. Please don't just leave us stranded" Zayn called out stopping me.

"Boys I can't let anything happen to you guys. Tell Liam that I love him and always will." A tear left my eye without my own knowledge.

I knew what I was going to do.

And I know what I'm up to is a suicide plan.

I walked straight without stopping. According to what Palak said the activation will be best done in the middle of the island so I had to reach their.

My legs were giving away after walking a few miles. I didn't find anybody yet.

Suddenly I could hear some kind of heavy vehicles engine coming to my direction.

Immediately I hid under one of the huge leafy plant which was found abundantly in this place.

An heavy truckcar passed.

I'm sure it is going towards the device. I slowly hung into it, without letting the one driving know about it.

So the plan that me and Palak knitted up is that now I should somehow reach the device which is for sure kept near the mouth of the most active volcano here.

Then I should wait until they activate it but as soon as they are done I should use the Laser weapon that Palak had asked Sean to keep and struck the engine.

It will cause a blast and eventually have most of the volcanoes erupt. But at the end of the day the mission is successful without any life loss, as this island is deserted and also if any one dies will be the bad guys.

Me... Forget me...

I'm cheating Liam. I know.

The Truckcar stopped.

I slowly got down and peeked to see the driver.

I my eyes almost gouged out of its socket at the scene.

JENIFER?

what the hell!

No this just ain't happenin.

She died.

"Jeni?" The word left my mouth before I could stop it.

She turned to me.

Her expression was as expected... Shocked...

"You... Shouldn't..." She tried to speak.

Thud! Something hit my head.

Everything started getting blurred.

   ****

Splash!!!

My eyes flashed open at the contact with water.

I was on the ground surrounded by people standing by me.

I sat up.

My eye caught Mr. Mendes standing and grinning.

My blood boils with agony looking at him.

There was Camila, few others whom I didn't know and one person whom i well knew... Jenifer.

"How can you Jeni?" I asked outta haste

"Aww come on! Don't look at me that way..." Jeni said mimicking my tone.

"Jeni I thought you were our friend, I thought you loved Harry..."

"Oh no! Ms. Morganston... Ms. Lopes is an expert at acting. I knew very well that you all will fall for it. She was there just for getting information." Mr. Mendes shrugged his shoulders

They were playing with out emotions all this while.

"Tie her... It almost time" Mr. Mendes said to the few guards standing there.

Camila stopped them and took the rope to tie me.

"So Lottie... This time no one to save the day" she teased.

"Take it" I heard Mr. Mendes giving Jeni a little bottle and passing it to others too.

They started drinking from it.

"Dad. I didn't get the antidote" Camila informed as she was done tying me to a huge tree.

So this is the antidote which is gonna keep them from the effect of the rays.

So after this they are gonna be the supreme power, the only human who'd think rationally, the only humans who'll rule.

And everyone else... Living but lifeless slave.

This time there will be no one to oppose. No to stand up as a leader and speak if there is any injustice.

"Dad?" She said again asking for it.

"Oh Camila... You can take it for yourself. It must be in the supply van." He answer with no interest about her.

"Umm... Okay.. I'll go get it..." She turned to go.

"Wait dad... Wait for me please. Start of only after I come." She requested.

Mr. Mendes smiled in agreement.

I so know he's up to something.

"Camila he's gonna cheat you. Free me Camila this isn't good you know. You won't be treated well. Camila please.. " I half warned and half pleaded her as she passed by me.

"What are you waiting for?" Mr. Mendes asked as soon as Camila was gone.

"S-sir... Camila?" Jeni asked.

"Oh forget her. Call our genius let's start." He was delighted at the thought of whichever genius he was talking about.

Jeni went somewhere for a while.

"So Ms. Morganston... I made sure you don't get a job anywhere because I feared your intelligence. And look you ended up in Payne's?" He laughed. Then continued "you shouldn't have joined Payne's at all.. See you uses your tiny little brain in the wrong place and where have you ended up... This is so not fair" he shook his head.

"Oh please! You dont talk about fair. What you are doin is not fair! Think about it again. This doe-"

"You think you can change my mind?" He cuts me off without listening.

"Oh here she comes" he clapped his hands in joy.

The last person I wanted to see here....

ADELE.