Chapter - 46

We finished our quick dinner.

Palak said that she'll go back and scan it.

Me, Harry and Jeni joined her as Liam, Zayn, Niall, Justin and Louis continued their chat.

She opened the door after typing in the code at the door.

"Why were you staring like that when I entered the code? Trying to get the code huh?" Palak asked Jeni.

"No! Just was seeing how fast your figures move.. It looks so experienced!" He said indirectly appreciating her skills.

"Your pretty good yourself" Palak flashed a smile.

"Did you notice me anytime?" Jeni asked

"Yeah I've seen you working on your system in Harry's office"

They both gave each other a warm smile.

Harry looked relived.

Palak went towards the drawer where she had kept the Blueprint.

"When did they both sort out matters?" I whispered into Harry's ears.

"They're trying to be friends from last week... It looks like working out!" Harry whispered back.

"Fuck! Where the hell did it go?" Palak cursed.

"What happened?" Harry went towards her I followed him and Jeni followed behind.

"I kept it right here... I know I did... Its not there now!" She's freaking out now.

"What's burning here?" I asked as my nose senses the smell.

"What?" Jeni asked.

I turned and followed the smell. Shit! I saw a cigarette on the table... Its not just on the table its on the blueprint.

I ran towards it throwing the cigarette away but its no late half of it is burned the signature part of it is burned.

Someone from behind snatched it from my hand.

This is not happening to us! We were so close.

"I didn't do this! How did.. But... Who... And" Palak blabbers.

"Palak... Its okay it happens sometimes" Jeni said slowly trying to calm her.

"Happens! No I didn't do this... I'm not so irresponsible! I know I kept it in there and don't you dare turn this on me" Palak warns Jeni.

I still turn around to look at them... I was just staring at cigarette on the floor, the smoke that was going up from it.

"Palak stop being so rude to her!" Harry shouted.

"Harry stop being a jerk! And supporting your girlfriend" Palak snapped back.

"Yeah right exactly she's my girlfriend! I should support her and to the fact she's right..."

"Oh yeah she's your girlfriend then what am I? What are we Harry?" Her voice had some kinda pain.

I knew this day was coming... But I ain't sympathising because I had warned her enough.

"Palak we... We... I don't know... But we aren't dating and you can't be my girlfriend coz... Becoz Jeni is my girlfriend and I'm committed to her but you-"

"Cut the crap now!" I stop Harry from continuing knowing the fact that him speaking more isn't gonna improve anything.

"Palak.. Jeni has a point... You do smoke... And you smoke a lot when you are tensed... So just accept it if you did it... We aren't gonna punish you! And there's none else except you, zayn and Louis smoke! So its clear that its you!" I said it all in a plain neutral tone... I can't believe that Palak would be so careless.

"Kitty you seriously think that I'm the one?" Palak asked she sound so pained.

I turned around harshly.

"Look Palak I accept that your my Buddy but if you don't accept a small mistake it pisses me off... Anyway let's keep this to ourselves... Don't really wanna embarrass you in front of everyone... So guys think what should we say to the rest of them?" I asked Harry and Jeni.

I'm far too angry to look at Palak.

"You know what? You don't have to lie! I'm the one who made the mistake right?" Palak's voice has become raspy I guess she'd cry

She ran downstairs.

Harry runs behind her. I don't understand thus boy.

Jeni and me followed slowly.

Palak cleared her throat to get everyone's attention.

"Everybody I'm sorry for a mistake that I say I haven't done but the fact seem to be that I've done it so sorry especial apology to Justin..."

"Wait. Wait. Wait... What happened why got apology spirit in you is it" Louis asked.

"I'm sorry" she whispers.. Shit she's crying

Harry runs behind as she reaches the door

"Styles just stay away from me! I'm not letting you play with my heart anymore!" She shout in between the sobs.

"But where are you going?" Hardy asked.

"Don't worry I'm not going off anywhere I'm just going to get some fresh air! Because of me our chance to know the mystery is ruined so I'll do everything to solve it now" she went out.

Harry stood by the door for a long time.

"Can somebody explain the shit what just happened?" Justin asked.

Jeni explained.

She actually explained genuinely without blaming it on Palak.

"Hmm... So that's what happened but what's the big deal it was okay! Mistakes happen" Niall said still chewing on his burger.

"Woah its cold outside wonder if she's alright" Harry said looking out at the window.

"She'll be alright only if she's dressed like Jeni!"Louis said in a teasing tone.

I looked at Jeni and just realized she was wearing full sleeved black top covered till the neck and blank skinny Jean.

"Umm.. I've gotta a skin allergy"she said explaining the reason of her weird clothing.

There's nothing that can be done.

I have to go tomorrow.

There's only one thing that makes me feel good. The device wouldn't be used its safe until Palak figures out what to do.