Chapter - 3

"Why is my princess crying?" I asked taking her in my arms trying to console her. But she pushed me away.

"C'mon Lottie don't act like you're sympathizing. you ruined my birthday!" She said still crying

"I'm sorry I couldn't come hun. I seriously tried!" I said assuring her

"I'm not about you not coming. You arrange the best parties in London and even outside! But for me! Your sister you didn't bother of course it's just me after all!" She stands up walking away from me.

"What happened? I spoke to my coworkers who were here. They said everything was done well"

"Sure! Everything was done. nothing was done. Where was the DJ?! You told you would call one and I even told my friends about it... I was totally ashamed!" She sits down by mum covering her face.

I had completely forgotten about it.

"I'm so sorry Alynna... I totally forgot about it" I look down unable to meet her eyes.

"Yeah you forgot about it as i said before it was just my birthday, if it was some party that you received as a project from your company you never forget anything not even a single detail."

"I'm so sorry" I didn't know what to say.

"And another thing. I never wanted you to come anyway. I didn't expect you because you're selfish, so very selfish" her voice filled with hate

Now she was calling on my anger. I just didn't want it to overcome me. I didn't want it to burst. not on her she's my sister. I just wanted her to cut the crap. But she continued now saying that she asked me for latest iPhone But I had bought her the previous model. Yes I agree but the latest model was too expensive. I'm just an manager not bloody millionaire! And also I was the only person earning in this house. I could see that she isn't going to stop, so decided to just quietly go up to my bedroom. I knew she's going be alright tomorrow.

I love my mom and my sister the most in this world I would do anything to keep them happy. That's also why I love my job because it helps me to satisfy all their needs. All I want from my life is their happiness.

It was seriously upsetting me that I couldn't fulfill Alynna's wishes on her birthday, tears were already glassing my vision but then i remember dad's words "Lottie you're not just my daughter, you're my son. You're so brave so don't ever let your eyes let your eyes say otherwise. My brave son never cries."

I immediately blinked it away remembering his words. I should never cry I'm my dad's brave child. Pondering over all these things and also tomorrow's event my eyes closed.

                       **********

I woke up early and was wondering what to do to make it up with Alynna, as i was in the kitchen cooking Alynna's favourite breakfast. News paper arrived, I was Looking through it as I took breakfast mum's breakfast to her room. She seemed to be awake I quickly helped up and do her daily routine. After helping her eat her breakfast I opened the newspapers and held it for her to read. I positioned my stool so I could read the other side as she read

"Look at this hun" I hear her say, excitement filled in her tone. I turned the newspaper to see what she was talking about. "It was the movie I was waiting to watch from the time it's trailer was out about a year ago. It seemed to be an interesting one, was of horror genre so no one else shared my excitement back then but looks like mum remembered.

"I guess you should book yourself a ticket and go over and watch it's been so long you went for a movie" she said slowly trying to show the maximum excitement even through her limited speech. I was glancing through the paper as she was speaking something catches my attention.