Chapter - 16

The drive was silent. Awkward silent.

I decided to break it.

"So who made that spaghetti it was tasty" wow! me being the genius that I am started with such a stupid topic!

"Well I order it." Liam answered. Thank god he was up for a normal conversation.

"Ordered so you already planned it before... You know bringing me here?"

"Its yes and a no."

We had reached my home.

"Okay lottie I'll send your car in the morning through someone... Is that okay?"

"Its perfect!" I said.

I got out and thanked him for the evening.

Mom was in her room. God its so late... How can I be so careless. She wouldn't have got anything to eat!!

I rushed into her room.

"Mom I'm so sorry!"

"For what Lottie?" She smiled "your friend is seriously so good why don't you invite him more often."

"Which friend?" I asked surprised.

"The one whom you send to join me for dinner as you were busy. What's his name..... Louis! yeah Louis, he was a great company. He just left."

"Yeah he is a great person!"
​​​​​​
Mom looked so happy. I owe Louis for what he's done.

"Okay mom good night I'm tired and by the way Alynna is-"

"Staying back with Lanna. I know he told me." She said

"Okay good night" I kissed her forehead.

As soon as I was in my room. I called Louis

"Hey love! You okay? At this time you're calling?"

"How did you know I'll become late to home? and how did you know my address? And how-"

"Cool down love... Its just your well wisher who told me that you'll be late and gave me your address so i went over." He said cutting my firing questions

"Well wisher?"

"Uh... I can't tell you who it is as he wants his identity hidden!"

"Please tell Lou coz I guess its not the first thing he's done for me. Please I deserve to know"

"Opps! sorry Lottie I can't betray him!" Adding swag to his tone.

"Anyway I owe to you Louis you made my mom so happy! And please do come often nice to see her smile. Thanks again idiot!!"

"Okay complete the debt coffee?"

"Okay but not tomorrow any other time?"

"Sure!" He was so excited

"Good night Lou!"

"Good night love!"

I hung up. Oh god this so bad this well wisher who is it? And why does he care?

******************

Morning I was about to leave exactly then I found my my car already parked in the front. I thanked Liam mentally.

'Okay Lottie be professional, he's ur boss' I said to myself. When I started getting thoughts about yesterday.

*after 4 hours

​​​​​​I was headed to Liam he called me.

"Yes Liam?"

"Lottie we have an urgent business meeting day after in New York, just gotta a call personally about it. So book two tickets to New York tomorrow morning."

"Yes sir, but one for you another one for?"

"Offcorse you Lottie you're coming along okay?"

"But sir I can't my mom... She needs me-"

"Don't worry about it I'll handle it just book it immediately"

"Yes sir"

I went over to my place. Tickets were available but only one hotel room was available. I told it to Liam, he told we'll adjust.

I left office early, I had to pack and also give instructions to Alynna.

As I was packing gotta call from Ms. Wite. I wonder now what?

"Hello Lottie?"

"Yes?"

"Listen carefully right now go to the office 29th floor, quick and then call me... Its something really very important hurry up!"

She hung up.

What she wants me to go to the office at this time and that too the 29th floor.

I could feel the pit of my stomach out of fear.

I drove to office. It was deserted and dark. My heart was beating so loud that anyone around would hear it. But no one is around!

In the night office is obviously locked so i got into the office through the access car that Ms. Wite gave me. My hand shivered as I pressed the button
'29'

The evelator was moving. And I reached a deserted and scary floor stuffed with huge machinery. I called Miss Wite.

"Hello are you there?"

"Y-yes."

"Now from the elevator go right you'll find dividers separating session. Go into the 6th session it will be colored red"

I did and reached it.

"Now w-what?"

"Go in you'll find a door which is digitally lock swipe ur card and say your name... Wait does anyone know you're here... Cause if they come to know they'll kill you!"

I swallowed hard

Just then I heard the elevator open. heart's beating so hard that it hurts.

Footsteps coming towards my DIRECTION

CLOSER
​​​​​​
AND MORE CLOSER

MY HEART'S FROZEN. MY KNEES ARE WEAK. I'M SHAKING.

THE PERSON IS RIGHT BEHIND ME

I DON'T DARE TO TURN.

I OPEN MY MOUTH TO SHOUT .

A HUGE HAND COVERS MY MOUTH.