I knew nothing

Megan's P.O.V
I really do hate hospitals. The thing that scares me the most is every now and then people rush past, people with broken bones, people who've been in accidents and people who are dying. What happens it that could be me someday? I brush the thought aside as Patrick sits down next to me,

"I got an appointment in ten minutes" he says smiling at me weakly.

I nod and smile back. I don't even dare say anything because I know my voice will sound scared. I don't want Patrick to know how much I'm freaking out inside right now. I look down at my hands placed on my lap and fiddle about with my thumbs for a bit.
Hmmm my stomach looks bigger than it normally does. I need to go on a diet. I think to myself.

"Patrick?"

"Yeah gorgeous?"

"Do I look fatter than I normally do?"

"W-What!? Megan your not fat!"

"But my stomach looks bigger than normal..."

"Babe it's probably nothing"

"Yeah I guess your right"

Patrick looks at me with worried eyes, oh great, he knows I'm scared.

"Hey, don't be scared" he places his hand in mine. "Everything's gonna be okay. I love you no matter what"

I sigh loudly and look up into his beautiful eyes. He smiles at me, then causing me to smile. Patrick gets closer to my face and attempts to kiss me,

"If I do have an illness I don't want to give it to you patty cakes"

"Oh fine" he huffs jokingly.

"Mr.Stump please?" a male voice calls out.

Patrick stands up, still hand in hand, and helps me up. We both walk towards the doctor that called for us, he greets us and we sit down in the two sheets opposite his desk.

"Well hello Mr.Stump" he says as he flips through a couple papers. "Can I take both your first names please?"

"Patrick"

"Megan"

-----------------

Patrick's P.O.V
"Well I'm glad to say nothing extremely bad is wrong with you Megan but I would still like to take a few scans, is that okay?" He says with a cheery tone to his voice.

"Yes, that's okay with me" Megan replies.

We're both taken to a room with an ultrasound machine scan thing. It's the thing that pregnant women normally visit to get there baby scan photos. It's a bit odd that were here because Megan isn't pregnant, but I didn't question the doctor.
Wait... Ultrasound scan, Megan thinks her stomach looks bigger, pains and morning sickness.
Surely she can't be pregnant.
The doctor asks Megan to lay on the bed and lift up her shirt a bit so he can scan her stomach. He applies the gel and presses the scanner down firmly.
Looks painful.
It must have hurt Megan a little because she looked at me, her eyes filled with fright and pain, and she grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. The doctor stops moving the scanner round and stays in one spot,

"Well you'll be glad to here this" he turns the monitor so we can both see the image.

My jaw drops.

"The baby's doing fine" he says smiling, but then realises the shock on our faces.

"W-What b-baby...?" Megan asks still in shock.

"You didn't know you were pregnant?" the doctor asked.

"No, not at all"

"Well according to the scan your baby's one month and a couple weeks old"

Megan and I both look at each other in confusion. We've only done it twice, and we did use protection. I think back to about two months ago, that's when me and Megan first got together. And I remember about a week or two later we did, you know what.

-------------

We thank the doctor and leave the room. We're both still in shock, after walking around the hospital in silence we find a couple of chairs and sit down to talk. Megan bursts into tears,

"Patrick I'm so sorry"

"Hey don't cry" I say as I put my arm around her "don't be sorry, this is amazing!"

"What do you mean amazing?"

"I'm going to be a dad! And your going to be a mom Megan, in fact the best mom ever!"

Megan smiles at me then looks down at her stomach and rubs it gently.

"I can't believe we're going to be parents, my moms always wanted to be a grandma"

"I just know she'll be happy for us, your moms a great person Megan, you should call her and tell her the news"

She smiles at me and pulls her phone out of her pocket, dialling a number which I presume is her moms,

"Hi sweetie" her mom says over the phone.

"Umm, hi mom, your on speaker phone with me and Patrick"

"Hi Kate"

"Oh Hi Patrick"

"Mom we have something to tell you..." Megan says nervously.

"You can tell me anything sweetie!" her mom replies sounding so cheerful.

"I'm pregnant"

All we hear is screams of joy on the other end of the phone, I guess Megan's moms happy. Her and Megan talk to each other for a short while of speaker phone,

"Bye mom" Megan says as she ends the call.