Trade Mistakes

Patrick's P.O.V

"He's not breathing!" a doctor shouted from Pete's room.

As I herd those three words I felt my whole body go weak. As the room began to spin I dropped to my knees and started crying again.
The thought of losing Pete spun around in my head, I tried my best to push it away but no matter how hard I tried I couldnt. The voices only got worse...

You could have done something!

You could have stopped him!

It's your fault!

Your the reason Pete's slowly dying in that hospital bed!

Where were you when Pete really needed you!

When Pete dies your the one who will get the blame!

I felt two pairs of arms being wrapped around me, as I looked up I noticed that it was Andy and Joe. They were also crying. Joe glanced over to me and caught my eyes. He sadly smiled at me and patted my back. 'It's going to be okay' he mouthed.
But was it really?

"Is that Megan?" Andy managed to say though his tears.

My head quickly snapped up in the direction Andy was looking, and sure enough it was her. I jumped up from where I was kneeling on the floor and began walking towards her,

"Megan...?"

No reply.

"Megan?"

Still no reply.

"Megan!?" I said more desperately but still no reply.

As I reached where she was standing she didn't look so good. I placed my hands on her shoulders,

"Megan? You don't look so good..."

As I said this her eyes closed and she fell to the floor. I panicked and shouted for assistance, but no nurses or doctors were around. By now both Andy and Joe were franticly trying to find help as I stayed next to Megan,

"Please don't do this Megan, Im worried enough with Pete in the hospital hardly staying alive, and now you... but don't worry. I know you and Pete will pull through." I sighed and wiped some tears away. "please... I love you"

"I got help!" Andy shouted from behind me.

Soon enough a team of doctors were lifting Megan onto a bed and wheeling her away from me. I ran after them trying to find out what was happening,

"Can someone please tell me what's going on!?" I shouted as I ran after them.

They pushed trough a pair of doors into a room, but as I tried to follow I was stopped by a man and woman.

"You can't go in there sir" the woman said softly.

"Just please tell me what's happening to my fiancé..."

As I said the word 'fiancé' the man and woman exchanged a worried look.

"We don't know yet, but as soon as we do we will get back to you. Just wait here..."

"I CANT!" I shouted. "My best friend is dying in a room just up the hall and now my soon to be wife could be dying too!"

"It's going to be okay" the man said as he place a hand on my shoulder.

I flinched at his touch, "how do you know!? They could be dead within a matter of minutes!"

He sighed, "trust me, were all doing the best we can and I'm sure with the fantastic nurses and doctors we have they'll be just fine"

I wiped away a few tears and smiled weakly at the man.
Maybe everything would be okay?

"Can I see her yet?" I asked, my voice a little shaky.

"Not at the moment, but as soon as we've run a few tests you can!" the woman replied with a smile.

"Okay, thank you"

"No problem sweetie"

Both the man and woman said they would tell my straight away if anything could happen while I went back to Pete's room. I didn't really want to leave where Megan's room was incase something did happen but I needed to check on pete.
I walked down the hall to where Pete's room was, it was awfully silent. As I reached his room Andy and Joe were no longer outside. I went over to the room and knocked on the door, moments later Joe opened the door and pulled me into a hug.

"Is she okay?" he asked referring to Megan.

"I honestly have no idea..."

"I'm sure she'll be okay Patrick, just give her time."

I nodded and smiled slightly.

"How's Pete?" I asked as I glanced over to him still sleeping.

"The doctors say the operation went well. They've stitched up the wounds and now were just waiting for him the wake up"

I took a seat next to Pete's bed and looked at his emotionless face.
I wish he would wake up.

"So do we..." Andy said.

I realised I had said 'I wish he would wake up' out load and smiled at Andy.
As the three of us sat in silence I looked around the room. My eyes found there way to Pete's heartbeat monitor, he was breathing, but very slowly. As I stared at the monitor longer the heartbeat seamed to pick up, faster and faster.

"Guys..." I said pointing at the monitor for Joe and Andy to see.

We all watched it carefully as Pete's heart rate got faster, as it did there was a quite shuffling behind me. I turned round to see Pete moving about in the hospital bed.

"Pete?" I whispered.

As I said his name his eyes opened. He blinked a few times as his eyes adjusted to the light.

"PETE!" I shouted as I hugged him.

"W-what happened?" he asked.

I looked at Joe and Andy wondering if I should tell him straight away. They both nodded.

"Pete, you uh, attempted suicide..."

--------------------------------------------

A/N: CLIFF HANGER!
Mwahahahaha...

Short chapter again but I really wanted to post today to thank you all for 8K reads! I'll try my best to get back to updating daily or every 2 days because you guys deserve it!
Thank you to everyone who has supported the story! You're all amazing!
Byeeeeeee!;)