Fashionably Late

Megan's P.O.V

"Yes!"

Patrick smiled as he slid the ring onto my finger, I twirled my hand round so I could see the ring in every angle.
It was beautiful.

"It's gorgeous Patrick" I said as I admired the ring.

"I'm glad you like it"

----------------

A month has passed since Patrick proposed, and not a day has gone by that I haven't marvelled at the ring and thought about how lucky I am.
We've began preparing for the baby by buying all the things we need and turning the spare room into a nursery. I've been thinking about names too, as we're keeping it a surprise I have a couple for a boy and a couple for a girl. For a girl I was thinking either Georgia or Emily, and for a boy, Jackson or Ross. But it could easily change.
Today my best friend, Ellie from back home was visiting me and Patrick. She'd meat Patrick awhile back and was going to help me pick out a dress for my wedding. Patrick wants us to be married for when the baby comes along so were getting married in about two months. I can't even explain how excited I am, I can wait to see all my family and friends there, also I can't wait to meet the distant family of Patrick's that I haven't before. We decided Pete would be best man and Ellie would be my only bridesmaid. Ive always promised Ellie she could be a bridesmaid at my wedding since we were younger. I just know its going to be perfect.
With the thought of my wedding still buzzing about in my head I happily skipped into mine and Patrick's bedroom and began to search for some clothes to wear. Once Ellie arrives me, Patrick, Ellie and Pete are all going to the mall. Pete and Patrick are going to go off to try on suites on whilst me and Ellie get fitted for my dress. Also whilst we're there I need to pick out flowers and the colour schemes for her bridesmaid dress. I haven't yet told her that she's going to be the bridesmaid, so I can wait to break the news.
As I searched through my closet full of clothes I decided on a pair of navy blue skinny jeans and blue and white stripy jumper. The weather wasn't to great so I decided to dress warmly. I pulled the clothes of the hangers and threw them on the bed. I stripped down out of my pyjamas and began to dress myself in the clothes I'd chose. After getting ready I went into the bathroom to do my hair and stuff like that. I tied my long black hair up into a pony tail, applied a little bit if make up and went back into the kitchen.

"Well you look as beautiful as ever" a voice behind me spoke.

I turned sharply to see a smiling Patrick stood behind me. He opened his arms widely for me to hug him. I smiled back and wrapped my arms around his waist as he did the same to me. I pecked him softly on the lips and hugged him tighter. As he pulled away his hands traveled to the front of my stomach where he knelt down slightly and kissed the bump which was showing a lot more now.

"I can't wait" Patrick said as he looked up into my eyes with an adorable smile across his face.

"Me neither" I said as he stood back up and kissed me once more.

--------------

It was a little while later and we were sitting down on the couch watching some show on TV. I heard my phone buzzing so I got up to find where it was. After a while of searching In the complete wrong place Patrick chuckled load enough for me to hear and pointed at the small coffee table beside the couch. There lay my phone, I flashed a smile at Patrick and grabbed my phone of off the table. I had a text message from Ellie saying she would be about ten minutes or so.
I informed Patrick as I sat back down and began to watch TV again.

"IM HERRRREEEEEE!" Shouted a cheery voice in the hall way shortly after the door slammed shut.

I jumped up from the couch and flung the door open to see Ellie struggling with all her bags. As soon as she seen me she stopped what she was doing and hugged me tightly.

"I'm so glad you're here!" I told her as she started to pick up we bags again.

"Me too! The drive here was crazy!" She replied laughing slightly.

I picked up a few of her bags and helped take them into the living area. As we walked in Patrick turned to face us and smiled widely. He ran over and took most of the bags from us setting them down the corner of the room.

"Hey Ellie" he said as they both hugged.

"Hi Patrick" she replied smiling like she always does.

Patrick's P.O.V
As Megan and Ellie walked into the room I ran over to help them with the bags, Once I had set them aside I went over to greet Ellie. We talked shortly then we were off to pick up Pete from his house. The drive there was as short as it always was. As normal Pete was probably 'fashionably late' so we all sat in the car and waited patiently.

"So how've you been Ellie?" I asked her as I adjusted myself so I could see both her and Megan.

"Great! Me and Ryan are looking at houses together!"

Wait. Megan's brother Ryan?
I looked over to see a very shocked / confused Megan, and I myself felt the same.

"Ryan?" Megan raised her eyebrow.

"Didn't he tell you?"

Me and Megan shook our heads.

"No"

------------

"And that's how we got together" Ellie said as she smiled widely.

Megan smiled weekly, still looking confused. "so you guys got together on the night of the party? and didn't tell me?"

"Well we tried to find you but when we asked Pete where you were he said he saw you leave with patrick. I tried ringing you too but I didn't have your new number and neither did Ryan"

None of us spoke and we sat in diligence for a while, providing us with a bit if time to think.

I remember that night like no other;
As I opened it I saw a familiar face,

"Megan?"

"Oh, H-hi P-Patrick" she stuttered as she pulled down the sleeves if her jumper.

She looked sad. I walked over and sat next to her on the bed.

"Megan what's wrong" I touched her arms but she quickly jerked them away from me.

She looked up into my eyes, and I looked back. I had forgotten about how beautiful her eyes were...
Just out of the corner of my eye I saw her gently rubbing her hand over her arm.

"Megan?"

No reply.
The jumper she was wearing was white and as I looked at the arm more carefully I saw spatters of red.
Blood red.
I reached out a hand towards her arm. This time she let me. As I pulled back the blood stained sleeve I saw about 20 -ish bleeding scars. Fresh scars.
She stared to cry.
I started to cry.

"Why?" I asked.

She stayed silent for a while.
I placed my hand in hers and squeezed it tightly.

"Why Megan..." My voice trailed off.

"Because I'm stupid Patrick" she said silently, almost whispering.

"And how the fuck are you stupid?" I said whilst wiping away the blood from her arm with my thumb.

"Because I let the most important person in my life go..." she started to cry heavily "... and I know he'll never forgive me"

I tried to hold back my tears so fucking much but I ended up crying a river. Tears streamed down my face, I ran for the door desperately trying to open it.

"Patrick please don't go" she said through her tears.

"Megan I can't stand seeing you like this!" I said shouting a little, but I didn't mean too.

I finally opened the door and just before I ran out a strong voice shouted,

"PATRICK I LOVE YOU!''

And that was the night that me and Megan got back together, and it also turns out that was the night Ellie and Ryan got together.

Ellie's P.O.V
Oh god I hate silence. What are they thinking? I think Megan's mad... but Patrick just looks emotionless.
After a short while of total silence Patrick cracked a smile, which also caused Megan to do so too.

"I'm so happy for you! you should have told me sooner!" Megan said as she flung her arms around me, hugging me quite roughly.

Thank god she wasn't mad.

-------------

Megan's P.O.V
Half an hour later were still outside Pete's house. But to keep myself entertained I'm pestering the living daylights out of Ellie asking her about her and Ryan. It turns out there looking for a house around this area and so are the rest if Ryan's band. I'm glad to see Ellie happy, but if my brother hurts her I swear to god ill-

"Um hey guys" Pete said as he climbed into the car.

We all just stared at him blankly.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Patrick asked sound a little pissed off with him.

"Well I had to sort things out with certain people, sorry guys"

"Ohkay man, We better be going now" Patrick said as he started up the engine and began to drive to the mall.