Loves Like War

Virtual cookie to you if you get the title reference ;)
------------------------------------------

Patrick's P.O.V

"Peter Wentz?"

"Room 143" the lady behind the desk at the hospital said.

I shot her a quick smile before running to find Pete's room with Megan.

"140... 141... 142... 143!" Megan said counting the room numbers as we approached Pete's room.

As we reached the end of the hall we saw Joe and Andy sitting in a waiting area outside Pete's room. When they noticed us they quickly got out of their seats and ran over. Joe hugged Megan and tried to clam her down, And when Andy noticed I was crying a little pulled me in for a hug too. I tried my best to stay strong but I couldn't, I ended up sobbing my heart out on Andy's shoulder.

"What happened?" I managed to choke out between sobs.

"Well..." Joe began. "Me and Andy were at my place playing video games and stuff when I got a text from Pete asking us to go over his place. I told him we would so we drove there. When we arrived the door was unlocked so we went straight it. At first Pete was no where and when we called his name he didn't answer. Me and Andy split up to find him, I found Pete lying on the bathroom floor covered in his blood. There was a kitchen knife in his hand and I realised he'd cut his arms. The cuts are really deep too... He had a plus but wasn't breathing well so we phoned an ambulance and they brought him here."

By now we were all in tears. The worst thing was we couldn't even go in to see him. Until he woke up from having surgery no one was allowed in accept doctors and nurses.
We all sat in silence waiting for a miracle I guess.

"Excuse me!" I said loudly getting the nurse that had just came out of Pete's room attention.

"Can I help sir?" she asked politely.

"Were all here for Peter Wentz? When's it possible to see him? Is he okay?"

She smiled as she flipped trough her clip board. "he's not awake yet but should be very soon, I'll let you guys in now"

We all thanked her as she let us into Pete's room. And there he lay, motionless. There were so many wires connected to his body that he didn't look human. He almost looked like a test subject or an experiment of some sort.
Without speaking we all sat in chairs around Pete's bed waiting for something to happen... hopefully something good.

"He's a fighter" a voice said from behind us.

I turned my head the the direction of the voice, it was the nurse who'd let us in earlier. I smiled and nodded slowly.

"He should be able to go home soon. All the tests went well and the stitches are fine!" she said with a small smile. "Maybe one of you should go to his place and grab some clothes for him when he wakes up? The ones he was brought in wearing are a bit bloody..."

Before I could volunteer Megan spoke up,

"I will." she said as she stood up.

I offered to go with her but she insisted I stay here incase he wakes up. I told her I would call her straight away if anything happened. She grabbed her jacket, kissed my cheek and was out the door.
I sighed as I sat back down in my seat and continued waiting for something to happen for what seamed like forever.

Megan's P.O.V
I was glad to be out of that hospital. I know I should be there for when Pete does wake up but I just couldn't stay any longer. Hospitals have all ways made me feel funny ever since that time where I spilt the burning hot coffee over my arms and as I was being rushed into a ward saw Patrick unconscious in Pete's arms...

Whilst going through the hospital I saw about fourteen or fifteen paramedics gathered around someone. As I was rushed past I saw Pete holding Patrick in his arms.
"Patrick...?" I choked out. The rest after that was a blur.

I shook the awful memory out of my head and got into the car.

---------

After a short drive I arrived at Pete's place. I searched around in my pocket trying to find the key, as I did I slid it into the keyhole and unlocked the door. I went up to Pete's room to grab some clothes out of his closet. I grabbed a shirt, skinny jeans and shoved them into my bag. I was about to leave when I decided it was a good idea to go to the bathroom. It wasnt.
As I opened the door to Pete's bathroom I was greeted by a pool of red blood all over the floor. I forgot that this was the very room where Pete tried to kill himself. Tears welled up in my eyes as I slowly shut the door, but as I did I noticed something. I crouched down to pick it up. It was a crumpled piece if paper, but I'd notice that handwriting anywhere,

Dear whoever is reading this,
I'm sorry. You obviously cared enough to come find me, so thank you for that. I have to thank you in this letter because I won't ever see you again to thank you in person. By the time you find this I'll be dead. Please don't help me if I'm not completely dead, this is what I want.
I'm sorry to all my family, you are all wonderful people. Please don't be upset, this is my fault. But I'll be at peace now.
I'm sorry to all my close friends, thank you for being there for me when I really needed it.
I'm sorry to all the fans. I know you all seamed to care so much and will probably hate me for doing this to myself, but again, it's what I wanted. You are all amazing and the best fans a band could ask for, you all really made a difference to our lives. Thank you.
Finally, Patrick, Megan, Joe and Andy I am the the most sorry to you all. You all mean so much to me and always will. I want you all to continue life without me and make me proud. I know your all really upset but don't be, I screwed up and I know it.
The worlds better off without me.
Patrick, Megan, good luck with the wedding and the baby.
One again I'm sorry for leaving with such short notice.
Trust me, it's for the best.
Goodbye.
~Pete

I just found Pete's suicide note...
Not knowing what to do with the note I folded it up and shoved it in my pokect. I grabbed my bag, swung it over my shoulder and was on my way back to the hospital.

----------

As I entered the hospital I noticed it kinda looked busier than when I left, and more doctors and nurses running about. I found the stairs that lead to the hall way where Pete's room was and went up a couple flights of stairs. As I neared the top about six or seven nurses/doctors rushed past me.

"Room 143 now!" one of the men shouted.

Wait, room 143... Isn't that Pete's room?
I got an unusual feeling in my stomach and began to feel dizzy but somehow I still made it into the hall way outside of Pete's room. I leaned up against the wall, I could feel my phone buzzing in my pocket but I chose to ignore it. After it stopped buzzing some more worried looking doctors rushed past.
They ran straight into Pete's room.
And as they ran in, three people were being dragged out, Patrick, Joe and Andy.

"He's not breathing!" I herd a doctor shout.

I saw Patrick drop to his knees, I wanted to run over and hug him so badly but I couldn't, my legs wouldn't move. Andy and Joe both comforted him, also both now in tears. They still hadn't noticed me. As the room started to spin I herd a faint voice say,

"Megan...? Megan? Megan!?" their voice sounding more worried each time they said my name.

I tried my best to walk towards them but even with leaning on the wall it wasn't helping. I felt two hands grab my shoulders, I think it was patrick... I couldn't tell because my eyes were now blurred with tears.
The last thing I can remember was them saying,

"Megan? You don't look so good..."

Then I blacked out.

-------------------------------------------

A/N:
Short chapter but I packed a lot into this one for you lot!;)