Wake Me Up

Patrick's P.O.V

"Pete, you uh, attempted suicide..." I said as I stared at the ground.

"I..." He began. "I...what!?"

"You attempted suicide" I repeated.

I raised my head to look at him, he was already looking my way in disbelief. He shook his head slowly and mumbled something I couldn't quite make out.

"I'm sorry..."

I snapped my head up realising what Pete had said. We all smiled, it was nice to have him back.

"Don't be sorry, as long as you're okay it doesn't matter what happened" Joe said grinning.

-----------

Pete's been awake a good half hour now and none of us have left the room since. I haven't herd anything from the doctors about Megan so I'm still praying she's okay. It would have been nice for her to be here with Pete awake now instead of her laying in a hospital bed with god knows what's wrong.

"Where's Megan?" Pete asked interrupting my thoughts.

I sighed and looked at Andy and Joe who nodded in sympathy.

"All we know is she's in a room down the hall..." Joe explained.

"Why? Is she okay? Please tell me she's okay..." Pete asked as he quickly sat up right in his bed.

Joe opened his mouth to reply but I cut him off,

"We don't know if she's okay, Pete. For all we know she could be dead..." I stated sounding rather angry although I didn't really mean too.

"Don't say that Patrick, she'll be fine" Andy said in an attempt to calm me down.

"What happens if she's not okay!?" I shouted.

Before anyone could say anything I pushed the door open and left the room, slamming it behind me. I instantly felt bad for shouting when I know they were trying to calm me down but I wasn't in the mood to be treated like that. As I leaned against a wall I slowly slid down it until I was sitting on the hospital floor with my knees to my chest crying slightly.
A few strangers walked past me with worried faces yet they said nothing. Not even Joe or Andy had followed me out to see if I was okay, but it's probably for the best, I need all the space I have right now. Still sitting on the cold, hard, floor outside Pete's room I reached into my pocket and pulled out my headphones along with my phone. I plugged them in, put them into my ears and began searching for a song. I scrolled through the A-Z of my songs and decided on, 'Time-Bomb' by All Time Low. As the song played I looked around the section of the hospital I was in, there was hardly anyone around, no nurses, no doctors, no visitors. And yet it seamed really busy earlier.
Out of the corner of my eye I seen a couple holding hands walk up the stairs. They made their way down the corridor I was in, smiling sadly at me as they passed. I watched them until they disappeared into one of the many rooms. As they did I sighed and began looking for a different song because Time-Bomb had finished.

-------------

I had taken my headphones out a while ago. I had now resulted in watching the clock slowly tick by, minute after minute. After an hour of doing so I noticed the hospital had got a lot busier, but still no sign of anyone I knew or a doctor coming to tell me Megan was okay. I got a few strange looks from the people around me, mainly because I was sitting on the floor still crying silently, but I just ignored them.

"Just down the hall way sir" I herd a cheery voice say.

I looked in the direction of the voice to see a young looking nurse stood a couple of feet away from me. She might know something about Megan!
I stood up, brushed my skinny jeans down and made my way over too her,

"Excuse me?"

She turned to face me and smiled.

"Can I help sir?"

"Uh, yes. It's about my fiancé, Megan, the doctors told me they would tell me if anything happened regarding her. It's nearly been two hours and I haven't herd anything, you wouldn't know anything would you?"

"Is that the girl who's in a coma?"

"Coma?!" I repeated.

"Follow me sir"

I did as she said and followed her. I was hoping that she would take me to a room that wasn't Megan's and say she got things mixed up. Then she could actually take me to her room and she'd be fine. However as I followed her down the hall we neared a familiar room. She slowly pushed the door open and gestured for me to go in first. I steadily walked into the room and what I saw shocked me, but it also kinda didn't in a way. There she was, my beautiful fiancé lying in a hospital bed in a coma. I went straight over to her bed and took her hand in mine, I squeezed it gently hoping I would get a response, but I didn't.

"Do you want some time alone?" The nurse asked.

"Yes please" I replied.

She nodded as she left the room, closing the door behind her. As I saw the door handle click I turned my attention back to Megan. She had so many wires going in and out of her body, even though they didn't look nice I knew that they were there to help her survive. Because she would survive.
I sat in a chair next to her bed and watched her chest as it rises, and falls and repeats over and over.

"Hello sir" A male voice said behind me.

I turned to see a tall man standing in the door way to Megan's room.

"Hi" I replied with a smile.

"I'm guessing your Patrick" I nodded. "How're you today?" He asked whilst shuffling through some papers.

"Not so great" I replied bluntly.

He sighed and nodded understandingly.

"She will be okay? Right?" I asked no being able to keep it in any longer.

He sighed again, "hopefully"

Because that's exactly what I wanted to hear? No.
I want him to tell me she'll be fine but that's not how it works here.

"When will she wake up?" I pushed.

"It could be anywhere from a few hours to months"

I nodded slowly and turned back to Megan, I placed my hand in hers and gently rubbed my thumb backwards and forwards over the back of her hand.

"We do know that the baby's completely fine"

Thank god for that!

"For now anyways" he finished.

"What do you mean, for now anyways?" I questioned.

"Well if Megan's out for too long it will affect the baby's health and could possibly result in death of the baby"

I swallowed hard. Did he really just say I could lose my first child before I even get to see him or her?

Someone wake me up and tell me my nightmares over?
Please...

-----------------------------------------

A/N
Short chapter, yet again but I haven't updated in a few days (to many) so I decided to post this!:)
One of the next chapters I post (probably within the next 2 or 3) will be my 10K chapter!
I really want it to be the wedding chapter but the way things are looking now aren't to promissing...
But however I do promise the 10K chapter will be extra special and will be extra awesome!
Thank you all so much got reading and for 9K so far!
Byeeee!;)