Let Her Go

Patrick's P.O.V
Seconds after I'd squeezed Megan's hand she began to move. I wasn't imagining it, she was actually moving.
She mumbled something that I didn't quite hear, it sounded like, 'is this heaven' but it could've been anything...
My heart was beating incredibly fast, maybe this was the moment she would wake up.

"Please Megan, wake up..."

Now there was nothing. She wasn't moving anymore, she just lay there like she has for the past two weeks. I thought this would be it, the moment she wakes up, but apparently today's not that day.
When will it be that day?

Pete must have noticed something was up, so he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"She'll wake up eventually Patrick"

I know he was only trying to calm me down, but this time it wasn't working.

"No matter how many times you say 'she'll wake up eventually' she never has! And I don't think she ever will!" I shouted.

"Don't say that Patrick!" Pete shouted back.

"But it's the truth!"

At first Pete didn't shout back, he just stood there staring at me.

"How can you say that? Think about what Phil said! He thinks she's gonna wake up soon, you can't give up on her now..." He replied, his voice getting quieter as he spoke.

"Patrick..." he said sadly as he reached his hand out towards me.

I swatted his hand away. "I don't need your sympathy Pete" I spat.

Before either of us could say anything I left the room. As soon as I was out in the hallway I instantly felt bad. I treated Pete like shit when he was only trying to help. I just really needed to get that out if my system, but unfortunately I took it all out on poor Pete...
Man I really fucked up this time.

"Patrick? You out here?"

I looked up to where the voice was coming from, it was Pete. Why did he want to even see me? Never mind actually talk to me...
His eyes caught mine and soon enough he was on his way over,

"I'm sor-"

"Don't bother apologising. I know how your feeling with Megan being in the hospital for this long. I understand that you needed to take all your anger out on someone, that someone being me, but it's okay."

"Thank you Pete"

"Now come on, lets get back to see if we missed anything" He said with a smile.

I nodded and smiled back.
As we walked back to Megan's room I noticed a nurse shutting the door behind her as she left her room. She had a clip board in her hand with something wrote on it, but I couldn't quite make out what it said.
The nurse kept looking around, then back at the clip, almost like she was searching for someone. She sighed loudly and placed the clip board on the chair nearest to her.

"Are any of you, Patrick Vaughn Stump or Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz?"

Both mine and Pete's heads shot up to look in the direction of the nurse as she said our names. She mustn't have noticed us probably because she had her back to us. All the people seated in the waiting area shook their heads. She sighed again and picked up the clip board.

"Um, excuse me?" I said as she turned around.

"Can I help sir?"

"I'm Patrick, and this is Pete, you called for us?"

"Ohhhhh! Great! follow me please..."

We did as she said and followed her into Megan's room. Unfortunately she was still asleep... But something didn't feel right.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

She didn't nod or shake her head, she simply just stood there with a sad/sorry look on her face.

Before she said anything she took a deep breath, "I understand that Phil told you that Megan might wake up soon..."

We both nodded.

"Unfortunately that's not the case anymore"

My heart stopped.
This can't be happening right?
She can't be dead...

"What's happened?" I managed to choke out whilst trying my best not to cry.

"Megan should have woke up by now, so if there's no improvement in her health within the next hour we have decided to turn the life support machine off"

"YOU CANT DO THAT!" I shouted, tears now streaming down my face.

"I'm sorry, but our decision is final"

"So your just going to kill her..."

"Well there is a 10% chance that she could survive without the machine but not many people do"

I couldn't think of anything else to say. I just stood there, unable to move.

"I'll leave you alone to say your goodbyes just incase" And with that she was gone.

"What just happened?" I asked no one in particular.

"I don't know man..." Pete said, his voice thick from crying too.

-------

An hour had passed. Both Pete and I had come to terms with the fact that Megan was going to die, and so was my unborn daughter or son. We had said our goodbyes and were just waiting for the nurses and doctors to come and do it.
About five or six doctors and nurses entered the room, as they did I began to cry uncontrollably. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to her. They gave me and Pete the option of either going outside and wait till it was over or stay with them.

"I want to stay"

Pete looked at me as if I was crazy but I had made up my mind. I was going to be with her until I was forced to leave. Pete didn't seam to sure about it at first but then agreed to stay with me.
As the doctors and nurses got ready to kill her I sat beside her bed holding her hand tightly.

"3... 2... 1..."

The monitor for the machine went black signalising it was now turned off. The beeping on the heart rate monitor began to get slower and slower until it eventually stopped.

That was it.
Megan's dead...

My chances of ever being truly happy,

Gone.

My chances of having a family,

Gone.

Everything I've ever wanted,

Gone.

The girl I love,

Gone.

Forever.

"Sir we need you to leave the room" one of the doctors told me.

"No" I said firmly.

"Sir-"

But before he could continue a familiar beeping sound started up in the background.
Everyone went silent. The only noise to be herd was the beeping.
It was getting faster, and faster.

"Megan!" I shouted whilst gripping her hand tightly. "come on, you can do it!"

And with that her eyes opened.

"She's alive!" one of the doctors shouted.

"Welcome back" I whispered into her ear.

She turned to face me as I spoke. Once our eyes met we couldn't help but smile like a bunch of idiots. I got up from my seat and managed to hug Her the best I could whilst she was still hooked up to the machines.

"Patrick, are you crying?" She said, her voice a little croaky.

I hadn't even noticed, but I was.

"Yeah" I said with a chuckle.

I wiped a few tears away as I sat back down next to pete, still holding Megan's hand.

"Patrick?" Megan asked.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"What actually happened?"

I new I would have to explain sooner or later...

"Well..." I began. "I... Uh... You..."

*Flashback*

Joe glanced over to me and caught my eyes. He sadly smiled at me and patted my back. 'It's going to be okay' he mouthed.
But was it really?

"Is that Megan?" Andy managed to say though his tears.

My head quickly snapped up in the direction Andy was looking, and sure enough it was her. I jumped up from where I was kneeling on the floor and began walking towards her,

"Megan...?"

No reply.

"Megan?"

Still no reply.

"Megan!?" I said more desperately but still no reply.

As I reached where she was standing she didn't look so good. I placed my hands on her shoulders,

"Megan? You don't look so good..."

As I said this her eyes closed and she fell to the floor. I panicked and shouted for assistance, but no nurses or doctors were around. By now both Andy and Joe were franticly trying to find help as I stayed next to Megan,

"Please don't do this Megan, Im worried enough with Pete in the hospital hardly staying alive, and now you... but don't worry. I know you and Pete will pull through." I sighed and wiped some tears away. "please... I love you"

*flashback over*

"Patrick?" Megan asked looking concerned.

"Yeah?"

"You kinda zoned out a little"

"Oh, yeah, sorry about that"

"It's alright, now tell me, what happened?"

I sighed, and then began to tell Megan exactly what happened.

-------

Once I finished explaining what had happened Megan still looked confused.

"So I was in a coma..." She began.

I nodded.

"For two weeks"

I nodded again.

"How?" She asked.

How was I suppose to answer that? I didn't even know myself. Neither did the doctors...
I looked at Pete hoping he would know something to say. He mouthed 'sorry' and shrugged his shoulders.

I sighed, "we don't know" I told her.

Before any of us could say something Phil, the doctor form earlier, came back into the room.

"Ah! She's awake!" He said with a smile.

He picked up a folder from a rack on the wall and scribbled something down inside it.

"Just a few more tests and you can go home Megan" he said whilst he flipped through the pages in the folder. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine! A bit tired though"

"You'll feel tired for the rest of the day, it usually happens" he tucked the folder under his right arm and told us he would go and get the nurses to run a few tests.

The other doctors and nurses also let along with Phil leaving just me, pete and megan.

"I missed you so much" I told her and before she could reply I place my lips on hers and kissed her softly. I'd been waiting to do this for so long, the moment couldn't have been better.

"I love you so much Megan"

"I love you to patty cakes"

We were distracted by a couple nurses entering the room with a tray full of equipment. They said they would be as quick as they can, so I thanked them and left the room along with pete.

---------

"All done" a nurse with blond hair said as she held the door open for us.

Before going into the room I pulled her aside,

"Is the baby okay?" I asked, crossing my fingers behind my back.

"Yes, the test results came back all clear so Megan and the baby are completely okay!"

I sighed loudly with relief and smiled at her.

Me and Pete followed her back into Megan's room where she was now fully dressed and signing some papers.

"I'll give you this" the nurse said as she handed me a slip of paper. "give this to the receptionist on the way out and you'll be ready to go"

I thanked her and the other nurse for all the help and we were ready to go.

-------

A/N:
I feel like I haven't updated in a while and I know this chapter was very much anticipated so your welcome! This chapter would have taken until Saturday to post because tomorrow night I'm going to see BRING ME THE HORIZON AND PIERCE THE VEIL LIVE AND IM BEYOND EXCITED!:) and it probably would have taken Friday and some of Saturday to write so yeahhhh:)

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter because I feel like I've worked really hard on this one because I know a lot of you have been waiting for it :)

If not I'm sorry:(

Feed back is always great!:)
- also I'm looking for someone I can dedicate the next chapter too;)

Also I'm still looking for baby names;)
Suggestions welcome!

I have no idea when the next update will be, hopefully soon but I don't really know.
The longest you'll have to wait will probably be a week or something so not that long;)

Until then, byeeeeee!x
~Megan