Am I Imagining This?

Patrick's P.O.V
It's been about a week since I found out Megan's in a coma. I've hardly left the hospital since, I can't bare not being beside her. The doctors don't know what caused the coma, and probably never will. They also say there's a very slim chance of her making it, if they knew what was wrong they could probably do something about it, but they don't, so that's out of the picture.
On the bright side, Pete's a lot better now. The cuts on his arms are only scars now and haven't seamed to cause that much of a problem. He too visits the hospital daily with me, to be honest it helps a lot. When he's there I have a shoulder to cry on, someone to keep me strong until she wakes up. But sometimes Pete needs a shoulder to cry on like I do, so I'm there for him like he's there for me.
Joe and Andy visit the hospital too, when were all there it's strange not having Megan talking and joking about all the time, and I miss that.
I really do.
But for now I'm just trying to not fall apart, well on the outside at least. It doesn't matter how many days I have to wait I will eventually see her, see her beautiful smile.

-------------

*three days earlier*

Today I was visiting the hospital by myself for the first time since Megan went into the coma. Pete, Joe, and Andy all tried to make it but were busy. I understand that they can't always be there but times like this, I need my bestfriends.
As I pulled up into my usual parking spot I turned the engine off and made my way into the hospital. It was still the same plain white hospital ward, nurses and doctors gathered around patients, people with injuries being rushed about and no smiling faces. I sighed as I walked the halls of the hospital to the room where Megan was. I was expecting it to be just me and Megan but as I neared the door I could her a voice,

"Oh Megan... look at you. The last time I seen you, you were so happy and excited about moving in with Patrick, but now, what's happened. When I planned on visiting you I expected to see my baby sister smiling with her soon to be husband, and don't forget the baby, well bump. I've herd so much about you and Patrick, all the things I've seen about you two you always look so happy with him. Always smiling when your together... I miss that smile."

Whoever was speaking had stopped, and all I could here now was sobbing on the other side of the door.

"I wish we could go back to those couple of months before you moved and be like we used to be. The guys miss you so much and were doing our best to try and tour around this area but were touring the UK at the moment but I got time off to see you. I promise I'll try my best though."

They stopped again and sighed loudly.

"I bet Patrick's worried sick about you. He's a great guy you know. He's the reason where I am today! Imagine if we toured with fall out boy, heack that would be amazing. But all I'm asking for is you to wake up. We all miss you. And most of all, I miss my best friend and sister always being there for me..."

I was dying to know who was in there with her, From what I'd herd they sound nice. Once they had stopped talking I decided to go in to see who the mystery voice belonged to...
I slowly edged opened the door to see someone with their back to me. I had time to study them before They noticed I was there, by now I could tell they were male. He had tattoos covering most of his arms and wore a checkered shirt, grey beanie, and black skinny jeans. They kinda looked familiar, but no one I could tell from behind.
I coughed awkwardly to let them know I was there, and sure enough he turned around giving me a chance to see his face.
Ryan!
He smiled as he saw me, and I returned the favour by smiling back.

"Patrick! Haven't see you since like, forever!" He said as he got up from his chair and hugged me.

"I know!" I replied, I was glad to see him.

"How is she? Did the doctors say anything?" I asked.

He looked over to Megan then back to me, smiling slightly, "well there still not 100% she'll make it but they say she's doing fine and has a better chance of surviving now"

"I really needed to hear that" I said with a small smile as tears began to roll down my checks.

Maybe everything would be okay after all.

Ryan had stayed for another hour or two but then had to leave, which meant I got to see Megan all alone. I could finally talk to her properly. Even though she couldn't hear me I felt like she could somehow and that it would help her wake up. But no matter how many hours a day I spent talking to her It didn't seam to work. Every day I would leave the hospital knowing she was still there in a coma and I could do nothing about it.
That day I left the hospital beaten again, knowing I wouldn't see her smile tonight.

-----------

*back to present day*
As each day passed I began to lose more and more hope. Hope that I would ever see Megan's smile again. But something kept me hanging in, maybe, just maybe, if I kept visiting her, it would pay of eventually.
And that's what it did.
But of course like all good things, I had to wait...

------------

*A Week Later*

Pete's P.O.V
Were coping as best as we can. For the past two weeks I've hardly missed a day visiting the hospital with Patrick to see Megan. Doctors say she's getting better, but it never looks like it. She's still lying in that hospital bed probably fighting for her life. But what an we do? We've tried everything, unsuccessfully of course.
Waiting is the best thing and the only thing we can do....

---------

"Were here" I told Patrick as I turned of the car engine.

He nodded and turned his attention to the hospital in front of us.
Yes, here we are one again at the hospital, today marks 2 weeks since Megan was announced in a coma, maybe, just maybe today will be our day.

Patrick's P.O.V
These halls are too familiar, I know the route to Megan's room of by heart now. It was the same as any normal day visiting Megan, nurses and doctors sadly smiling at us as we walked to her room, some of them even knew who we were now and would ask about Megan and how she was. The reply would always be the same, 'still hanging in there' I can't wait for the day when one of them ask and I can finally say, 'shes coming home today' and smile at them for the first time in a while.
As we reached her room I slowly edged open the door and took my normal seat beside her bed. As Pete sat down in the chair beside me a doctor, who's name was Phil, entered the room,

"Hello Patrick, hello Pete" he said with a nod to each of us, "How are you two today?"

We both sighed on cue, "still waiting for a miracle I guess" I said almost whispering.

"Well Patrick, the wait might be over"

I looked at Phil in disbelief, "W-what?"

"I've got a feeling she'll wake up soon"

I looked at the Phil then to Pete. Pete smiled and pulled me into a hug. By now I was full on crying, but not crying from sadness, crying because I was happy.

"T-thank you" I managed to choke out.

Phil smiled and shook his head, "its my job" he said chuckling slightly.

He scribbled something down in a note book before leaving the room,

"Bye guys" He says as he shut the door behind him.

We both said goodbye to phil and as soon as he left we turned our attention back to Megan. She still lay with her eyes shut but after what Phil said I had a lot more hope that they would open than when I first entered the room.

Pete sighed, "Maybe today will be today, Patrick"

A small smile crept onto my face as I tangled my fingers with Megan's.

"Maybe it will"

But I could only hope.

----------

Me and Pete have been at the hospital for about 2 hours now, but Megan still hadn't shown any signs of waking up soon. The hope I had of her waking up was slowly starting to fade away, all I needed was something, just something to reassure me...
I felt a small squeeze on my hand.
I looked down at my hand in Megan's, surely she couldn't have done it. I must just be imagining things...
But there it was again.
Another slight squeeze on my hand.

"Pete?" I asked turning to face him.

"Yeah Patrick?" he replied sounding concerned.

"I don't know if I'm just imagining this but, I think Megan's just squeeze my hand..."

He nodded slowly with a confused look on his face, but as he did something caught his attention as he looked behind me.
I quickly turned around to see her,
Moving...
I watched as Megan shuffled about in the bed. As she did I gripped her hand tightly,

"Megan?" I tried.

No response.

"Megan?" I tried again squeezing her hand gently.

Still nothing.

Megan's P.O.V
I don't know where I was, but it was dark. Just blackness.
Was I dead?
There was a faint beeping noise but that was about it. I tried to open my eyes but they wouldn't move, I tried moving my arms and legs, but nothing.
What was going on?

"Megan?" I herd a voice say.I could tell it was close, and sounded familiar.

I tried opening my mouth to reply but I couldn't. My body was completely numb and I couldn't do anything.

I herd the voice again,

"Megan?"

This time I felt a small squeeze. It was the first feeling of many, I started regaining more and more senses and began to feel my body again.

My eyes slowly opened revealing a bright light directly in front of me.

Was this what heaven looks like?

---------------------------------------------

A/N
First of all, 10K reads!
I won't go on about it to much because I made a separate chapter all about it and stuff:)
But anyways I hope you like this chapter! If you didn't (sorry) but I promise the next one will be a lot better!:)

Leave a comment telling me,
Do you think Megan's gonna wake up?
And do you want her to wake up or not?

All will be told in the next chapter!:)

And before I go I have a few people I want to mention... :)

Thank you to the following people for telling me a bit about themselves and how awesome they are;)
Or just commenting:)
@ellie_noadxx
@briefob
@sleepingattheveil
@patstumpy12
@i_heart_foband1d
@f4ll0utb0y7
@overcastchild
@ofsquidgyandaustlan

And a special thank you to the people on instagram!
@ellie_noadxx
@overcastchild
@falloutchloe_

Thank you for all the lovely comments!

I'll try and update within the next couple of days:)

Byeeeeeee!x
~Megan